ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
New EVP Found- Kind of Scary  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Oct 13th, 2014 09:29 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
psb7user2

Hey all,

I was going through my voice recorder files last night, and found one file where I could hear something, and see something in wave form, but could not make it out. So, I edited it in Audacity by removing the noise, and then amplifying the sounds. I did this a few times to try to make out what is being said. I don't know if I over edited the file, or what, but here is what I got. There is a section about 18 seconds in, in the edited file, that kind of scared me.

I am not the best, by a long shot, at trying to remove noise, etc, etc. So feel free to download and edit these at your own leisure, and let me know what you hear. I am interested in what you hear because this is the first EVP that ever truly sounded "nasty" to me.

Thanks all,

Josh

Attachment: EditedClip.mp3 (Downloaded 1259 times)

Last edited on Oct 13th, 2014 09:32 PM by psb7user2

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Oct 13th, 2014 09:32 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
psb7user2

Sorry to all who played "ScaryEVP" that I had originally posted. That file was not even the same as the editedclip. Not sure how I made such a dumb mistake, but, I did. So, sorry again

Here is the correct file, which is the unedited version of the file above.

Attachment: OriginalFile.mp3 (Downloaded 1207 times)

Last edited on Oct 15th, 2014 12:33 AM by psb7user2

Posted: Oct 17th, 2014 10:19 AM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
pauljames

That is pretty weird

Posted: Oct 17th, 2014 05:37 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
psb7user2

Thanks for listening! I appreciate it. Like you said, it is weird. I don't know that it is necessarily "nasty", but it is weird. I have talked to one other member here via PM about the clip, and he/she was able to make some sense out of it.

Posted: Oct 20th, 2014 11:41 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
EVPfan

I cut out the silent part between 8.555 and 42.919 sec of your original file, and applied some noise reduction and hard limit (to maximize the volume), and - indeed it sounds a bit scary... :)

Attachment: OriginalFile-cut-nr.mp3 (Downloaded 2097 times)

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2014 03:18 AM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
psb7user2

Thank You so much EVPfan! There at the end, the hissing part, that is what made me really scratch my head. I know the recorder was stationary, so it's not wind, or me moving the recorder. I don't know what the heck it is, but it was unnerving when I found it, and I still can't make out what it is saying, even when. I slow it down to like, 40% speed. If you hear something, even if it's "scary", will you please tell me what you hear. This is the first time I ever recorded something like that, and while it scared me at first, it doesn't now.

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2014 08:29 AM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
peaceandlove

Hi,

I have slightly de hissed the clip and what I hear is not scary, I am hearing 'I'm perfect, stare at me'. The background noise and ambience does make it sound a little creepy but I do no think it is anything to worry about, just someone trying to get your attention. Unfortunately I cannot attach the clip as I keep getting the error message, I will try later.

Last edited on Oct 22nd, 2014 08:30 AM by peaceandlove

Posted: Oct 23rd, 2014 04:24 AM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
psb7user2

Hey Peaceandlove,

I appreciate your efforts and look forward to hearing what you may have been able to decipher. I am not sure which audio editor you use, but on Audacity, I know if you go to "File>Export File As.." and choose mp3, it usually gets the recording uploadable.
One note about this clip; unlike my many other submissions where I have God knows what turned on in the background, this clip had no TV or outside noise while recording it. The part that sounds odd to me is the last three or four seconds, where you hear a four syllable response. I can not make that part out for the life of me.

Posted: Oct 23rd, 2014 08:42 AM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
peaceandlove

I have tried again to attach the recording but just keep getting '500 internal server error, please contact administrator' so I do not know what is happening, perhaps there is a glitch on the site.

Posted: Nov 1st, 2014 05:50 PM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
pauljames

This gives me the shivers...cleaned it up a bit

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/1ortzqw2h1fbusj/OriginalFile-cut-nr2.mp3

Posted: Nov 1st, 2014 05:55 PM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
pauljames

bit more i missed

you got a scary one for sure.sends shivers down my spine

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/76yczcc32d8nton/OriginalFile-cut-nr3.mp3

Last edited on Nov 1st, 2014 05:56 PM by pauljames

Posted: Nov 1st, 2014 06:37 PM
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
pauljames

Another take on this...

is the voice saying ...

You scare me ?

Posted: Nov 2nd, 2014 05:56 PM
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Ray

Josh,
Listening to your file I don't hear anything scary as well.
but I did notice that on your recording at about 46.789 to 51.102 and within the ambient noise created by handling the recorder,I can hear what sounds like a whispered "William...That's My Name"
I have attached an amplified and denoised file of that section of your file.
Ray

Attachment: Possible Name.wav (Downloaded 931 times)

Posted: Nov 2nd, 2014 06:02 PM
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
pauljames

Ray wrote:
Josh,
Listening to your file I don't hear anything scary as well.
but I did notice that on your recording at about 46.789 to 51.102 and within the ambient noise created by handling the recorder,I can hear what sounds like a whispered "William...That's My Name"
I have attached an amplified and denoised file of that section of your file.
Ray

hard to say....

could you take a listen to these two mp3 files & use your denoise method on them please ?

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=2442&forum_id=5

Posted: Nov 3rd, 2014 04:16 AM
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
psb7user2

Sorry I haven't been around to post or reply to PM's. My dog died on Wednesday, and I've had a god awful time trying to deal with it. If one more person tells me "he was just a dog", I swear I'm going to lose it.
As for this evp I captured, pauljames, from seconds 6-11, where it sounds like "heh ah haah", or just a bunch of syllables, that is the part that concerned me. I have been taking great effort in evp recording in the past few months as far as not handling my recorder, and marking any time I move it. This file comes from a 3 minute long session, and the last third of the file was not uploaded. So this recording was before I would have picked up the recorder.

Posted: Nov 3rd, 2014 01:13 PM
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Ray

That's what's interesting about recording for Evp.
There are a thousand ways to record for Evp,
perhaps even more.
and depending on who you speak to, there are also a thousand things that you are suppose to do and what not to do.
I have captured evp by handling my recorders,
(it creates ambient noise) so its not necessarily always a bad thing.No one knows for sure,You do what works for you.

Posted: Nov 3rd, 2014 08:00 PM
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
peaceandlove

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dog - I also lost my 14 year old cat 2 weeks ago and I miss him terribly. There is no such thing as 'just a dog, or cat' they are precious companions and friends and their loss is always heartbreaking. Unfortunately, time is the only healer. I am also sure that their little soul energies move on and I also know that they do come back and visit us now and again.

Current time is 11:22 AM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > New EVP Found- Kind of Scary Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1628 seconds (24% database + 76% PHP). 27 queries executed.