ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
No prompting surely...?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: May 19th, 2014 03:40 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Jan

I thought that in EVP research it was considered best practice not to give any prompt.

When I worked listening to radio signals we were told to never say: "I can't quite make this out, but I think she says..." as the other listeners are then predisposed to hear exactly that. We wanted to determine - without giving them preconceptions - what the majority thought was being said.

It seems EVP recordings almost always come posted with what is interpreted, so almost inevitably that is what is confirmed, or something very similar, by everyone else.

I appreciate that we are not professionals doing research, but may I suggest that this simple professional approach may be revealing?

If one gets five different listeners who report hearing five different phrases, it may suggest random pareidolia.

On the other hand, if five different listeners come up with four of five similar interpretations, this may be significant.

Thoughts anyone?

Regards,

Janet

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

You have chosen to ignore hank. click Here to view this post

Posted: May 21st, 2014 06:56 AM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Yes, I have a thought to share....

Eventually it will not matter people think they do or don't hear in an evp, once it has been shown that an evp is only a mere fragment of a phrase, sentence, expression, or thought conveyed by spirit.

I feel as if it's like hearing 4 words from the chorus of a song in a crowded store in the mall and believing that those 4 words make up the entire song.

Spirit communication is endless, and not limited by a few words. Evidence suggests we can tune into spirit, into their thought process, their "thinking", as it were.

Looking past the trees out above the forest :)

Cheers!

Keith

Posted: May 27th, 2014 08:01 AM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Vicki Talbott

If one's purpose in presenting the EVP is to focus on the pronunciation and delivery, the clarity and the 'truth' of EVP at the isolated utterance level, the prompting is not appropriate. If, on the other hand, it is a given that spirit communication is taking place, and as Keith says, we are hearing just the tip of the iceberg, then revealing patterns in a correspondence, a conversational give and take, through posting a prompt for a less than stellar EVP, is helpful and necessary, in my opinion. If we are here, we are already singing to the choir. Class A EVP, while interesting, are often not as amazing as the Class B and C utterances that form part of an interchange or commentary. I support both in the proper context.

Current time is 06:52 AM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > No prompting surely...? Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1313 seconds (21% database + 79% PHP). 28 queries executed.