ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Keith Clark, fratka, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
faraday cage  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: May 17th, 2014 08:58 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
pablotron

I'm thinking of building a faraday cage with two shortwave antennas within

The idea would be to weld a metal around and on a metal base plate, which could also be welded the two antennas so that they communicate to the outside via a cable with connectors on the edge mesh

The problem is not that type of antenna used, and the dimensions should have the cage, or the distance that should be the antennas

Can anyone advise?

thanks

Paul

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: May 17th, 2014 03:18 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Jan

For a Faraday cage working on shortwave (3 to 30 MHz) wire mesh will be sufficient.

I don't understand your 3rd para:

The problem is not that type of antenna used, and the dimensions should have the cage, or the distance that should be the antennas.

Jan

Last edited on May 17th, 2014 03:19 PM by Jan

Posted: May 17th, 2014 11:58 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
pablotron

Sorry, I'm using google translator ...

I wanted to say:
What kind of antenna should I use?
What dimensions should have the cage?
How far the antennas should be?

thanks

Paul

Posted: May 18th, 2014 01:52 AM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jan

OK Paul, Google Translate explains!

I have tried to keep my suggestions simple so Google Translate will translate accurately into Spanish - I hope!

Your question is a very difficult one question. Antenna theory can be very complex. What frequencies do you want to receive?

How are you receiving the signals? Are you using a shortwave radio? I see in another thread you are using SoftRock SDR. What other equipment will you be using? Have you already had some interesting results from other experiments which you want to continue and improve?

What materials do you already have for a Faraday cage? Remember that a micro-wave oven in a very good Faraday cage. You can do basic experiments inside with the door closed, but keep it switched off!

I don't think anyone has tried using a radio directly connected to an RF noise generator (many circuits here) especially inside a Faraday cage which will nearly eliminate all external radio signals. This may be an experiment to consider if EVPs can penetrate a Faraday cage.

What experiments are you trying to reproduce?

I hope this helps you.

Jan

Posted: May 18th, 2014 02:31 AM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
pablotron

Well ...

What I'm trying to build is a Mark IV, I mean, I need a transmitter (softrock RXTX) and a receiver (I had originally thought of making a receiver later to 29-31 mhz home, and plug it into a normal PC speakers, if its not too complicated)

(Recall that story with the help of a technician in electronics)

The emission and reception antenna would go inside the faraday cage welded. Thus, the cage with the antennas would constitute one more piece of the puzzle

Another issue would be the tone generator 13: am among the software option or build a LM555 chip hardware, but that's another topic for later

The case would leave a space between antennas and between each antenna and the metal mesh of the cage. But do not leave much space

I hope google translate to behave! hehe

Paul

Posted: May 18th, 2014 02:42 AM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
pablotron

As for my experience ....

I've only got a strange reversed laughter and a couple of breaths in a psicofonia achieved with a cassette recorder, using as background noise the sound of ocean waves. Not much

But I've been in situations a little "strange" on more than one occasion, more than once. Sometimes I've believed communicate with entities to the point of believing I have completely lost my mind. But a series of coincidences that led me to know Transcommunication, and I'm here investigating!

The experiment I want to play is anything that helps me out of the idea that I'm mad! xD

thanks

Paul

Posted: May 18th, 2014 04:58 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hi Paul,

If you have not read through the Spiricom Technical Manual you can use the following link to download it:

https://app.box.com/s/a0xnr72s7veekbw3rm52

The folder also contains a written transcript of various recordings.

Both files are in a PDF format.

Ron

Posted: May 18th, 2014 05:18 PM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

As far as the Faraday cage,  you can use aluminum window screen for the mesh.  That will stop both AM & FM frequencies from leaking. 

Be sure you ground / earth / weld the mesh to dissipate any energy.

I don't think you need to use a metal plate for the bottom as long as the mesh covers the bottom.

You can google "make a faraday cage" and then look at Images to see various ways people have made them.

In the Spiricom Manual you will see on Page 25, they made a room size faraday cage.  If you have that kind of money to spend...great. 

Depending on if you intend to duplicate the original antenna's used...look at page 23 of the Spiricom Manual and you will see that in the Mark I:

"The signal output of a 300 MHz generator was coupled to a 5,5 foot long
antenna which consisted of three parallel copper wires. Two of these wires
radiated the generator signal while the center wire picked up the capacitively
and inductively coupled signal and fed it into a demodulator. Antenna and
generator signal were adjusted for resonance."

However...in the Mark II ~ Mark IV they state they improved the antenna but don't really go into detail on how they changed it.

But realistically,  since you are making a miniature version of the Spiricom,  You can use a smaller antenna and make a smaller faraday cage.

Ron

Posted: May 18th, 2014 05:23 PM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

You may also want to look through the following thread:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=1414&forum_id=23

You can start at Post Number 7.

Ron

Posted: Jun 4th, 2014 04:57 AM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
pablotron

THANK YOU!

You've helped me a lot

pablo

Posted: Jun 4th, 2014 10:32 AM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Jan

ArizonaEvp wrote: Hi Paul,

If you have not read through the Spiricom Technical Manual you can use the following link to download it:

https://app.box.com/s/a0xnr72s7veekbw3rm52

The folder also contains a written transcript of various recordings.

Both files are in a PDF format.

Ron

Thanks for that link Ron. I've never seen those two publications before.

I've just had a scan through them both and am a bit disappointed that no one in the Siricom team published any circuit diagrams in the technical manual, just a few block diagrams and some circuit sketches without component values. Pity...

Janet

Posted: Jun 4th, 2014 10:35 AM
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Jan

[Erroneous double post]

Last edited on Jun 4th, 2014 10:36 AM by Jan

Current time is 11:55 PM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Dedicated SPIRICOM Forum > faraday cage Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1528 seconds (28% database + 72% PHP). 27 queries executed.