ITC Bridge Home 

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Keith Clark, fratka, ArizonaEvp  
AuthorPost
pablotron

Hi all, first of all I apologize for my terrible English, the translator from google

Looking for a cheap way to get a shortwave transmitter, bought a kit to weld a SDR transceiver llamaado "RXTX ensemble" brand "Softrock"
Several options can be chosen and elected band which according to an electronic technician friend, corresponded to short-wave (29-31 Mhz) which is to 15,12,10 m
That was before knowing the existence of this forum, where I read that the transmission must be AM
I have no idea of amateur radio, electronics and Transceivers
I have not managed to find any information on whether the device transmits on AM or FM, or can transmit both ways
Have I done wrong up buying this device?

ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hi Paul,

I'm no expert by any means and I could be wrong in the following:

The Softrock transceiver seems capable of various bandwidths, depending on the model you choose.

It seems to me that the model you have is still capable of transmitting AM in the 10 meter range at 29MHz.

Also seems to me that the software is what's going to control the frequencies and other settings you choose such as Single Side Band.

Regards,
Ron

pablotron

Ok

Thank you very much !!

Paul

Keith Clark
Administrator

looks kind of cool, let us know how it works out. I also like the word inexpensive :)

for others, here's the link.
http://fivedash.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7

Keith

Keith Clark
Administrator

There are plenty of others on this forum who would be able to answer your questions.....if you have more specifics....

I'm not a man of radio knowledge myself, I know very little. I can say though, that purchasing an expensive transmitter/transceiver would probably not be the wisest choice if its sole purpose is to just work with Spiricom ideas :)

Keith

pablotron

The idea of ​​SDR transceivers (software defined radio) is that we can go to the radio operating with a computer

It's like a radio transceiver that need a PC to run, we use a free software to change the frequency within the selected range

You have to know enough of electronic welding, because you have to solder SMD (or SMT) components, which are tiny

My technician is helping me a friend who is very good at this, (for a small fee, but I think worth it)

The assembly instructions are step by step here:
http://www.wb5rvz.org/ensemble_rxtx/index?changeBands=no
make sure you choose the right band before browse welded components

We can choose to solder the components in different ways, according to the frequency band in which we want to operate

In my case I chose the shorter wavelength because I want to build a Mark IV (though I have not even read the entire manual, I think it is the most affordable model of building)

Paul

pablotron

Aun no he terminado de soldarla, por lo que no se como funciona exactamente !!! xD

Paul

pablotron

sorry!

I have not finished weld, so it is not exactly how it works! xD

Paul

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1460 seconds (33% database + 67% PHP). 27 queries executed.