ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
thank you for blessing me  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: May 10th, 2014 05:21 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
EVP-ITC Research and Development

From a nonvoice livestream

Attachment: Thank%20you%20for%20blessing%20me%20slight%20amp.wav (Downloaded 801 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: May 10th, 2014 08:34 AM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Sam

Yes, I definitely hear him thanking you!

Posted: May 12th, 2014 05:55 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
EVP-ITC Research and Development

Now when I listen to it I hear "Bless you for blessing me"...odd

Posted: May 18th, 2014 04:21 AM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Jan

Yes, I can hear something similar, given the prompt.

But I thought that in EVP research it was considered best practice not to give any prompt.

For a number of years I spent many shifts listening to often weak radio signals. If a station ID was required for example, but the listener couldn't quite make out what it was, we gave it to colleagues to listen to.

It was obvious to never say: "I can't quite make this out, but I think it says..." as the other listeners are predesposed to hear exactly that.

We needed a range of opinions when this happened, and if two or more were the same, we'd listen again for confirmation.

It seems EVP recordings almost always come posted with what is 'heard', so inevitably that is what is confirmed, or something very similar, by everyone else.

I appreciate that we are not professionals doing research, but may I suggest that this simple professional approach may be revealing?

If one gets five different listeners who report hearing five different phrases, it may suggest random pareidolia - which I've probably mentioned before here.

On the other hand, if five different listeners come up with four of five similar interpretations, this may be significant.

Yes? No? Thoughts?

Regards,

Janet

Posted: May 18th, 2014 12:25 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Jan wrote: Yes, I can hear something similar, given the prompt.

But I thought that in EVP research it was considered best practice not to give any prompt.

For a number of years I spent many shifts listening to often weak radio signals. If a station ID was required for example, but the listener couldn't quite make out what it was, we gave it to colleagues to listen to.

It was obvious to never say: "I can't quite make this out, but I think it says..." as the other listeners are predesposed to hear exactly that.

We needed a range of opinions when this happened, and if two or more were the same, we'd listen again for confirmation.

It seems EVP recordings almost always come posted with what is 'heard', so inevitably that is what is confirmed, or something very similar, by everyone else.

I appreciate that we are not professionals doing research, but may I suggest that this simple professional approach may be revealing?

If one gets five different listeners who report hearing five different phrases, it may suggest random pareidolia - which I've probably mentioned before here.

On the other hand, if five different listeners come up with four of five similar interpretations, this may be significant.

Yes? No? Thoughts?

Regards,

Janet

Hello Jan,

Your observations beyond your first sentence are worthy of debate by the community at large.

Perhaps it would be best if you started a new topic to address these points rather than having this thread go off topic from those who wish to opine.

Regards,
Ron

Posted: May 18th, 2014 01:57 PM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Jan

Yes, a fair point Ron.

Will do shortly.

Regards,

Janet

Current time is 06:09 PM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > thank you for blessing me Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1546 seconds (29% database + 71% PHP). 27 queries executed.