ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Panasonic RR DR60  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mar 22nd, 2013 01:34 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
scott39

Hi folks new to the forums and long time investigator. I finally got my hands on a couple of RR DR60's. My question is what is the best setting on this recorder (microphone sensitivity). MY other question is what makes these recorders so desirable? Is it the lack of shielding compared tot he newer recorders that capture more evps? Just wondering, I caught a couple of evp's already!! My last question is how do I transfer this to the computer? Thanks for reading!!

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mar 22nd, 2013 08:03 AM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hello Scott,

Welcome to the forum.

Wow....you got a couple of DR60's. :woot:

The shielding issue you bring up is valid. I also think the low bit rate it records at produces more noise which equates to more evp's.

As far as mic sensitivity, maybe one of our other members could offer an opinion.

To transfer your recording into the computer...you are going to need an audio cable with 2 male ends.

Plug one end into the earphone jack of the recorder and the other end into the microphone input of you computer's sound card.

Bring up an audio program like Audacity or ???....press play on the DR60 and record the output.

If you need to reference the user manual for anything, you can find it here in PDF format:

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/RRDR60.PDF

Hope this helps,
Ron

Posted: Mar 26th, 2013 06:09 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
scott39

wow I even goggled and could't find the answer to my question about the microphone sensitivity....

Posted: Mar 26th, 2013 09:24 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

For the most part...it would be a matter of personal preference through trial and error.

If you find a setting that seems to work good, stick with it.

I'm looking forward to hearing examples of your recordings with the DR60.

Regards,
Ron

You have chosen to ignore Rachel EVP Voices. click Here to view this post

Posted: Mar 30th, 2013 10:54 AM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
lance

Hi Scott...
 I like the DR60,  and had one of my best EVP's captured with it..... Sometime the voice's on there can be a bit gravelly and you have a lot of shouting come through, which a good few years ago they called this shouting the 'angry man'....

As for settings... it's trial and error and what works best for you and spirit....

I believe the story of the DR60, was that when they came out on the market, people was taken them back to the shops claiming that there was unknown voices on the playback recordings....Panasonic stopped making them and asked for them to be returned.

Here is the EVP I captured... This is a unedited file, you will hear me say, 'Please come forward and speak your name?'  then you will hear the EVP, the voice sounds like a young man saying his name 'Matthew'
Hope this helps, Lance.. 

Attachment: Matthew.mp3 (Downloaded 1992 times)

Posted: Mar 30th, 2013 04:31 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
clockdryve

Hey Scott,

Nice....a "couple" DR60's :-)

As with ALL voice recorders while trying to capture EVP's I would suggest adjusting the Microphone to Highest setting.

I always use the "longest" play setting on my recorders (also causing the worst playback because of the "white noise" - but you want this...) *You will ALSO need to get a 3/32" mono-male to 1/8" female-stereo adapter for your "regular" 1/8" stereo audio cable (2 male ends) because the DR60 has an ODD Ball headphone output size...
*this is to connect to your computer for uploading-use AUDACITY Audio Software (free) to backup and filter for review...

Good luck with the DR60 - I have a couple myself.

Try this....put microphone setting on high and go into a small "quite" location...closet works good. Turn on recorder to make a recording...and be SURE to be totally quiet. Watch your breathing...

Now look to see if the RED recording indicator light remains lit when NO sound is present...

Also listen to the speaker while recording...see if you can hear a hissing or ticking sound.

The 2 DR60's I have act differently. One has red light while recording when NO sound is present and the other goes into Voice-Activated Feature (while on FULL microphone setting), they both have the hissing sound...

I prefer the one that remains lit all the time. Otherwise the recorder shuts down and waits for something to allow it to open back to recording --- slight volume EVP's are lost. I have a few random "white noise" generators. I plan to use one of the generators next to the recorder that will not remain recording (in quiet locations) and adjust the audio output of the white noise source to keep recorder running. Needs set so that it is barely noticeable though.

Good Luck with you Panasonics :-)

Ooops...........

Forgot to mention - when you are checking to see if the recorder will record in "quiet" locations...and continue to record (red light not flicker--constant on) you must also have the volume control on maximum also, because this increases the volume of hiss coming out of the speaker during recording....and I'm SURE that is what is causing them to remain recording (with microphone on high setting)....though I have heard from others -- as well as ONE of my recorders // that it does NOT continue to record in total quiet locations....so not defective -- but not as sensitive.

*To answer you email message -- as long as you can plainly HEAR what has been recorder -- it won't really matter how loud (or soft) the audio output is from one recorder to the other....you mostly need to upload the recording to the computer at a reduced volume anyway. Maybe like 30-40% possibly less....you want hear the hiss during playback but not extremely loud. In Audacity SOFTWARE there is a setting to increase volume "record" to PC and that will boost the upload from DR60 if needed.

One other thing Scott...you can get the 3/32" mono-male to 1/8" stereo-female adapter at Radio Shack. I would suggest getting a couple when you find them. They are becoming obsolete....I use the chrome/metal variety (around $6 but going on clearance around my location for under $4) they make a cheaper plastic housing variety also -- but I highly recommend the full metal version.

Last edited on Mar 30th, 2013 06:19 PM by clockdryve

Posted: Mar 30th, 2013 06:30 PM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
clockdryve

I read an online description of an eBay listing for a DR60 awhile back and the guy said the one he was selling had a "marker" marking on the volume control of the recorder...he claimed that was the IDEAL location for HIS recorder and that would help "enhance" the recording abilities for EVP. He said the adjustment would vary from each individual DR60 for an optimal level...

I've NEVER heard that anywhere before except for the description on his item up for sale. But I do know that the volume control DOES increase the "white noise" -- hissing sound coming out of the speaker during record mode on the Panasonic RR-DR60.

Let me know if that helps. I've never changed outside of FULL on Volume and Microphone level. And that works very well for me.

Jim H.

Last edited on Mar 30th, 2013 06:30 PM by clockdryve

Posted: Mar 30th, 2013 06:40 PM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
clockdryve

I'm pretty sure the "angry man" or -screeching- sound is caused by the "Voice Activation" feature of the DR60. I noticed it when I first got my recorder and accidentally had the volume control down to far...causing the "activation" feature to turn on/off during recording... And when it changed from not recording - back to recording >> It caused all sorts of racket, stumbling, screeching and rumbling sounds during playback. You can try that...

Adjust the volume setting while recording "down" until you see the red light go out (or flicker) then when you talk loud enough to activate the VOX (voice activation) the light will come back on. If the adjustment is "sorta" correct -- (not to particular) you will hear the grumbling and LOUD noises.....

Be careful if listening with headphones!!!

You have chosen to ignore Rachel EVP Voices. click Here to view this post

Posted: Mar 31st, 2013 05:25 AM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
clockdryve

I've run the DR60 with another type. I would either hear 2 separate EVP's or get a response on only one recorder. The DR60 being the best help for me.

Sony ICD-B7 & ICD-B300

Last edited on Mar 31st, 2013 05:38 AM by clockdryve

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2013 11:38 AM
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
scott39

Folks thanks for the responses I have read everything and its been a great help to me, I have came into possession of another RR DR60 from a garage sale for $4.00!!! So now I have three machines to work with. Two of the are earlier serial numbers, the other one is later. I believe I caught a evp in my house the first time I turned on the record button. How do I shrink the file, it appears to be too big?

Last edited on Apr 2nd, 2013 12:02 PM by scott39

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2013 07:40 PM
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

scott39 wrote:
Folks thanks for the responses I have read everything and its been a great help to me, I have came into possession of another RR DR60 from a garage sale for $4.00!!! So now I have three machines to work with. Two of the are earlier serial numbers, the other one is later. I believe I caught a evp in my house the first time I turned on the record button. How do I shrink the file, it appears to be too big?

Hi Scott,

If you are using Audacity, you can convert it to an MP3 however you need to have the Lame Encoder installed.

Here is the Audacity start page to get you going:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq_i18n?s=install&i=lame-mp3

Since MP3 is a compressed format....if I were you....I would use Box.com

Their Personal accounts are Free and have 5 gig of storage with a 250 meg limit per file. You can upload your clip and then just post the box.com link for peeps to download and review.

Their link is here:

https://www.box.com/pricing/

Take Care,
Ron

Posted: Apr 5th, 2013 10:17 PM
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
scott39

Hey can you recommend a good site to buy that adapter I was looking on amazon and couldn't locate that adapter. By the way I have three RR DR60's two of them will keep on recording in a quiet room when I have sensitivity at full and volume at full. The other RR DR60 with volume at full and mic sensitivity at full will stop recording after I say something. Really odd. I really wish htere was a way to disable the voice activation.
clockdryve wrote:
Hey Scott,

Nice....a "couple" DR60's :-)

As with ALL voice recorders while trying to capture EVP's I would suggest adjusting the Microphone to Highest setting.

I always use the "longest" play setting on my recorders (also causing the worst playback because of the "white noise" - but you want this...) *You will ALSO need to get a 3/32" mono-male to 1/8" female-stereo adapter for your "regular" 1/8" stereo audio cable (2 male ends) because the DR60 has an ODD Ball headphone output size...
*this is to connect to your computer for uploading-use AUDACITY Audio Software (free) to backup and filter for review...

Good luck with the DR60 - I have a couple myself.

Try this....put microphone setting on high and go into a small "quite" location...closet works good. Turn on recorder to make a recording...and be SURE to be totally quiet. Watch your breathing...

Now look to see if the RED recording indicator light remains lit when NO sound is present...

Also listen to the speaker while recording...see if you can hear a hissing or ticking sound.

The 2 DR60's I have act differently. One has red light while recording when NO sound is present and the other goes into Voice-Activated Feature (while on FULL microphone setting), they both have the hissing sound...

I prefer the one that remains lit all the time. Otherwise the recorder shuts down and waits for something to allow it to open back to recording --- slight volume EVP's are lost. I have a few random "white noise" generators. I plan to use one of the generators next to the recorder that will not remain recording (in quiet locations) and adjust the audio output of the white noise source to keep recorder running. Needs set so that it is barely noticeable though.

Good Luck with you Panasonics :-)

Ooops...........

Forgot to mention - when you are checking to see if the recorder will record in "quiet" locations...and continue to record (red light not flicker--constant on) you must also have the volume control on maximum also, because this increases the volume of hiss coming out of the speaker during recording....and I'm SURE that is what is causing them to remain recording (with microphone on high setting)....though I have heard from others -- as well as ONE of my recorders // that it does NOT continue to record in total quiet locations....so not defective -- but not as sensitive.

*To answer you email message -- as long as you can plainly HEAR what has been recorder -- it won't really matter how loud (or soft) the audio output is from one recorder to the other....you mostly need to upload the recording to the computer at a reduced volume anyway. Maybe like 30-40% possibly less....you want hear the hiss during playback but not extremely loud. In Audacity SOFTWARE there is a setting to increase volume "record" to PC and that will boost the upload from DR60 if needed.

One other thing Scott...you can get the 3/32" mono-male to 1/8" stereo-female adapter at Radio Shack. I would suggest getting a couple when you find them. They are becoming obsolete....I use the chrome/metal variety (around $6 but going on clearance around my location for under $4) they make a cheaper plastic housing variety also -- but I highly recommend the full metal version.

Posted: Apr 6th, 2013 07:22 AM
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

scott39 wrote:
Hey can you recommend a good site to buy that adapter I was looking on amazon and couldn't locate that adapter. By the way I have three RR DR60's two of them will keep on recording in a quiet room when I have sensitivity at full and volume at full. The other RR DR60 with volume at full and mic sensitivity at full will stop recording after I say something. Really odd. I really wish htere was a way to disable the voice activation.
clockdryve wrote:
Ooops...........

Forgot to mention -

Hi Scott,

Do a search for: 2.5 mm mono female to 3.5 mm stereo male and you'll find several varieties in all price ranges.

Ron

Posted: Apr 6th, 2013 11:58 PM
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
scott39

Here is a clip from ghosts of Gettysburg from a gentlemen named Mark Nesbitt who uses an RR DR60's to catch some evp's. Its near the end of the clip but the three clips are awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06aWEzZnK94

Posted: Apr 24th, 2013 12:03 PM
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Joshua Sean

Hi Scott,

Congrats on scoring a couple of DR60s. I am sure you will find these recorders to be among the best when it comes to capturing EVP. With a fixed sampling rate frequency of 6 kHz, the recorder produces enough noise artifacts for capturing EVP, while maintaining a good enough level of clarity for audio interpretation.

I would recommend experimenting with ALL microphone sensitivity levels. The instruction manual for the DR60 states levels 1-2 should be used to record only the louder sounds, while levels 4-5 should be used to record lower levels of sound than usual. IMO, level 1 of 5 is the most sensitive and captures the most EVPs. However, I have found the "angry man" and irrelevant noise artifacts to come through more on this setting. The voice activation on this setting seems to always "trigger," resulting in more noise artifacts and EVPs. IMO, level 5 of 5 seems to be more selective and captures more obvious noise artifacts and EVPs. I have found this to be true for all of the DR60s I own; however, I know other people will have different results and ultimately varying opinions on how to use the recorder. For example, Debbie and Mark Constantino (famous EVP researchers and Ghost Adventures' guest stars) set their DR60s to level 4 of 5 (4 bars). They say this is the most effective setting for capturing EVP.

I do not have any opinions regarding the magnetic shielding of the DR60, but I do have the service manual with electronic schematics I could send you via email. I cannot interpret the schematics at the moment, but maybe it can help you research the inner-workings of this little EVP powerhouse.

Clockdryve has some great advice regarding the use of this recorder. I have also heard adjusting the volume to a certain setting while recording aides in the capture of EVP. I was instructed by one fellow researcher to keep the volume at 0 (all the way down) for the best results. I have also heard placing the volume to the max setting (all the way up) is best. Others suggest each recorder has its own ideal volume setting while recording to maximize the probability of capturing EVP.

Also, like Clockdryve said, some DR60s will continue to record in complete silence and others will not. Two of my DR60s are sensitive enough to the point where the voice activation is constantly "on" and searching for an audio signal during complete silence. The other one stops recording when it is silent.

Lastly, when testing for EVP, use all of the DR60s at once. It is interesting to see what each recorder picks up compared to the others. I will sometimes turn on the DR60s with other recorders as well. The Panasonic RR-QR80, QR100, QR200, QR240, and QR400 (all 8 kHz LP and SP mode) are great companions to the DR60. The Olympus W-10 (3.9 kHz LP mode), Sony ICD-B510F (6.94444 kHz LP mode w/ built in radio for Direct Radio Communication), and the Sony ICD-B16/B26 (7.2 kHz LP mode) are great to run side by side with the DR60s. The Sony ICD-B7/B17 (8 kHz LP mode) and ICD-B25 (it's a B7 with VOR) are good too. I also like running a recorder that captures high fidelity uncompressed sound (24 bit/96 kHz or 16 bit/44.1 kHz) along with the recorders listed above for audio verification.

Upload some of your EVPs when you have a moment! You already know from the other posts to use the 3/32" adapter with 1/8" audio cable to transfer files from the DR60 to your computer. With the DR60, I occasionally use a BBE Sonic Maximizer direct input box, Pro Tools, and equalizer / noise reduction plug-ins to clean up the audio signal and EVPs. However, Audacity is an excellent program as well, and along the way, you will find what program works best for you. Sometimes, you may not want to edit the audio file or EVP and leave it in its original state. There are varying opinions on the topic of whether or not to edit EVPs. I usually keep an original and edited version of each EVP captured.

All the best to you!

Be well,

Joshua

***By the way, great job scoring a DR60 for $4.00!!!!!***

Last edited on Apr 24th, 2013 02:12 PM by Joshua Sean

Joshua

Posted: May 17th, 2013 02:11 AM
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
scott39

Guys thanks for the great responses. Sorry I am posting late but I been busy. I been catching alot of evp's with the RR DR60 also running it along side my rt evp from Das which records in the 96 pcm not sure what the bit rate is though. I will be uploading my results soon.

Posted: May 18th, 2013 11:48 AM
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
pol

Matthew saying his name, sounds from a living person!
I'll be keen to get a DR60.
My digital Sony recorder isn't ideal.. operating noise a hindrance & messages commonly too faint.

Posted: May 18th, 2013 02:05 PM
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
lance

Hi Pol...
Glad you enjoyed the 'Matthew' EVP.... But I can honestly tell you that I was the only person there at the time and all external noises were noted on the time of recording, if there is to much external noise then I will not record.
Take care, Lance.

Posted: Jul 21st, 2013 08:04 PM
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
SNOODLE

:biggrin: Found RR DR60 on Ebay!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-RR-DR60-Digital-IC-Recorder-EVP-Ghost-Hunt-Rare-Early-Original-Version-/330963914808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0efc9038

Posted: Jul 21st, 2013 10:16 PM
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
scott39

Wow that price won't stay low forever!!

Posted: Jul 22nd, 2013 09:03 AM
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Snoodle,

Welcome to the forum.

Typically we don't see items for sale on the forum, as explained in the forum rules. Since your first post was to make the effort to let everyone know that one was for sale on eBay, and posted within a short time period after the ebay ad went up, it would be natural to assume it is your ad; however, as that is not the only possibility and I can certainly be mistaken, and you may have signed up to the forum just to help someone else, I apologize in advance for any unintended offense.

In the future, please do not post links to items for sale.

Thank you for understanding.

.....and, if you are involved with working with spirit we welcome you even more, as that is why we are here, and we encourage you to share your experiences and ideas with others here.

Warmly,
Keith

Posted: Jun 16th, 2015 12:13 PM
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
KOKO172

Friends
I need help.
I have 2 devices Panasonic RR-DR60 Digital IC Recorder Refurbished NEW
One with a serial number FD8GA
And one without a number at all.
2 physical devices refurbished - I noticed that the batteries went into reverse (2 plus the battery IS up)

Can anyone tell me how much pay without a serial number?

And some with the serial number?

I want to sell the two devices, need money!

I turned and it shows 1998

jecob

Attached Image (viewed 6943 times):

_DSC0209-1.jpg

Posted: Jun 16th, 2015 02:05 PM
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

This is strictly my opinion only.

You will need to let other places be your guide...like online auction sites.

A couple of years ago,  it might have been worth the money people were asking for them.

But now...traditional evp work has really fallen off in favor of ghost / spirit boxes and apps.

The rr-dr60 may only appeal to a collector now. 

Good luck,
Ron

Posted: Jun 17th, 2015 10:14 PM
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
NKiernan

The Paranormal Field is pretty much Dead. Now people play with Tinker Toy software they buy from Shysters like Steve Huff, and pretend they have instant mediumship abilities.

Posted: Oct 12th, 2015 12:55 AM
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
paragirlshara

Paranormal field is..'dead'...heh.

You're not alone in this opinion. This exact statement was made by a friend of mine a couple weeks ago about all the "tinker toys" and how people suddenly become mediums and develop psychic abilities out of nowhere.
:blink::blink::unsure:

http://www.maineghosthunters.org

Posted: Oct 12th, 2015 05:05 PM
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
clockdryve

They need a "like" button on here - for comments :biggrin:

Last edited on Oct 12th, 2015 05:05 PM by clockdryve

Posted: Mar 29th, 2017 10:19 PM
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
onionman

Hi!  I know this forum may no longer be in operation but i have a question - I have purchased the 2.5mm plug to 3.5mm female adapter, manufactured by Radio Shack, and it will not work with my Panasonic RR-DR60. No audio outputs from the recorder - I've tried headphones and two different PC's.  But when I try to record in Audacity as I play on the DR60 (as I do successfully with all other recorders, such as the Sony ICD B16), no audio is being input into the PC.

I contacted the seller and he informed me that none of those adapters work for transferring the raw recording files to PC for review.

Is he correct?  Or did he sell me a recorder with a bad audio output jack?

Scott Johnston

Posted: Mar 29th, 2017 11:48 PM
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
clockdryve

I'm thinking he sold you a defective DR60 (audio out) - because I've used plenty of the adapters from radio shack that fit...and all have worked. I prefer the all metal ones when I can get them - only because they are more solid.

*If it's not been long ago from Ebay purchase (I think is around 45 days now) you can put in a DISPUTE and get your money back. I'm sure you paid well for it - I have in the past. Your messaging to the seller (if through eBay) has been recorded so you have proof that it was right after the sale that you noticed a problem. Good luck.

Posted: Mar 29th, 2017 11:52 PM
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
clockdryve

You might test the adapter to be sure it's not defective also.

Posted: Mar 30th, 2017 12:33 AM
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
onionman

Update...

JUST for fun, I tried something.

I plugged in the Radio Shack "2.5mm MONO plug to 3.5mm female adapter" into the RR-DR60, then just plugged my Sony headphones' 3.5mm STEREO male plug into that adapters female end and the audio from the DR60 DOES output to my headphones!   So i assume that means the recorders output jack is okay?

Since this appears to be an RCA mono-to-stereo adapter. I've ordered a dual male end 3.5mm stereo cable, and if that works, allowing me to transfer the audio to PC from the RR-DR60 I'll post back here and let you know! 

Posted: Mar 30th, 2017 05:40 PM
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
EPIC

Nice! That's good to know. Excited to hear what you've gotten so far on it!

If you ever take the case apart, please post HD photos of the inside of the recorder. It'll help with some research big time.

Posted: Mar 30th, 2017 06:12 PM
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
onionman

I doubt I'll ever disassemble it but I'll definitely take pics if I do!

I used it once so far, in a paranormal investigation a few weeks ago. The good news is I recorded 5 files of sessions.

Bad and unexplained news?  I removed the batteries (only way to power it off aside from just reversing one battery), and it sat for several days while I was waiting for this adapter to arrive so I could transfer the audio.

While I was waiting for the adapter to come, one night I put the batteries back in to listen to my stuff through the recorder's speaker.  All 5 files were gone.  NO idea how that happened. According to the manual the recordings are unaffected when you leave batteries out longer than 3 min. 

I believe sometimes entities can and do cause date to be erased from devices - I've had it happen on video equipment (Xcam SLS) and I have also spoken with other investigators who have experienced it. 

Has anyone else heard of any issues with losing recordings on their RR-DR60's??

Posted: Mar 31st, 2017 12:03 AM
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
clockdryve

That's what I use....the radio shack adapter that fits in the audio out on the DR60 (mono/male-stereo/female) and a dual stereo "male/male" patch cable from adapter to PC.

Posted: Mar 31st, 2017 12:03 AM
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
clockdryve

Edit: Some reason was a double post

Last edited on Mar 31st, 2017 12:04 AM by clockdryve

Posted: Mar 31st, 2017 12:18 AM
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
clockdryve

Sometimes (rarely) you will install batteries and the recorder will fail it's boot up sequence...showing that the recorder memory is FULL (will not be able to record).

The way to fix this problem is to take out one battery, then HOLD down MENU button and PUSH wheel IN....then reinstall battery as you hold down those two buttons.

This WILL fix it. I had same problem a few times before. Is a common issue with the DR60 but rarely happens.

When you HARD BOOT the DR60 this way to FIX the "memory full" issue - you WILL LOSE anything that was on the memory. So be sure to have a backup of any important EVP you keep for Demos or anything - Just in case.

Posted: Mar 31st, 2017 01:21 PM
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
onionman

Ok great info!! Thanks!!  I'll remember that, and yet that is what perplexes me. I didn't do a reset of any kind prior to losing those files. I did re-install batteries, but got no error message of any kind "Full" or "sorry".  So I'm really curious about how those files vanished...

Posted: Mar 31st, 2017 01:26 PM
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
onionman

Yeah I finally figured out the 3.5mm male going into the adapter needed to be stereo :) I was bummed for a few days before I figured that out.

Posted: Apr 1st, 2017 03:00 AM
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
clockdryve

I would have thought your headphones were stereo and would have been basically the same as the stereo audio cable. ??

Edit: I only remembered you said you tried the headphones in your first text - were they didn't work...I failed to remember your updated comment were the headphones worked.

Last edited on Apr 1st, 2017 03:09 AM by clockdryve

Current time is 07:22 PM Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > Panasonic RR DR60 Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1670 seconds (20% database + 80% PHP). 24 queries executed.