ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Keith Clark, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
What's EVP ??  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Jan 20th, 2013 06:34 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
pol

How many times I've had that response from those I've mentioned EVP to... (even from those who you could never accuse of "living under a rock").

Also hard to fathom why still exists in today's world no shortage of disbelievers in the existence of an afterlife ? - when you'd expect in our supposedly enlightened times, disbelievers & doubters should be almost unheard of. (& have to say, it's something of a paradox how native tribes universally have a consciousness of the spirit, yet more 'advanced cultures' can at all be doubting.. even with the development of spirit detecting technologies?)

I'm all for the promoting & fostering of a broader perspective on life & our place in it.. which consciousness of our spirit essence can only but enable - for, modern day humanity (like our native cousins) surely cannot be essentially content with unimagining in a greater purpose & meaning of life.

I'm also for promoting communication with spirit through electronic means to the broader public.. in aid - EVP experimenters may consider playing some of their broadcasting quality EVP's on suitable radio stations (overnight radio is often best as tend to have an "anything goes" policy).

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Jan 21st, 2013 08:59 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
pol

I once wrote to our State's Corrections Dept. with the suggestion of providing spirit recording devices to the prison population, don't know if it was taken up.. the conservatively run administration may have considered it too "out there").

Could raise in media.. as I think it would be worthwhile for prisoners to engage as a recreational activity (particularly with no shortage of time to expend) ,.. surely would help sobering up some crims, along with perhaps even helping in their reformation ?

Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 04:22 AM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
CDS

My wife absolutely refuses to believe. I've tried to show her evidence. She refuses to spend any time looking at or talking about anything paranormal and tells me I'm insane and off my rocker. She complains I'm wasting my time that I could be doing other more important things for our family then waste time on 'crack pots and or drug addicts that are hallucinating'

I'm actively investigating & helping those being tormented.

The Southern New England Paranormal Society (SNEPS)

Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 11:12 AM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Gizmo

CDS wrote: My wife absolutely refuses to believe. I've tried to show her evidence. She refuses to spend any time looking at or talking about anything paranormal and tells me I'm insane and off my rocker. She complains I'm wasting my time that I could be doing other more important things for our family then waste time on 'crack pots and or drug addicts that are hallucinating'

I'm actively investigating & helping those being tormented.
There are so many people who are so well -insulated and protected from the paranormal, that they cannot begin to take it on that it exists.  It is not something they have seen, so in order for them to accept it, they must completely rewrite their own understandings of reality.  I know so many people like this...I have leaned this way myself.

And ,you know what?  She's RIGHT about the crackpots!  While so many people are legitimately dealing with phenomenon, and having true paranormal experiences; there are sooo many who are out there being goofballs.  They promote bogus evidence, make stuff up, and generally bolster the skeptics' case.  They muddy the waters for the true experiencers. 

So, like you, I'm focused on helping those who are tormented.  But unlike you, I'm not actively investigating.  What I am doing is trying to learn discernment and to be able to critically examine evidence and be able to debunk the bad stuff, and separate the dross out, so what good evidence exists can be used to convince the skeptics that everyone involved in this pursuit isn't a nutjob.

Current time is 04:18 PM  
ITC Bridge > Paranormal > Paranormal - General > What's EVP ?? Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1361 seconds (27% database + 73% PHP). 27 queries executed.