ITC Bridge Home 

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Keith Clark, joecioppi, EVPfan, EVPDave, Bruce, ArizonaEvp  
AuthorPost
Slider2732

This is highly strange. I've previously built crystal radios and now have a couple of years of Tesla tower builds etc to study resonance, but this device escapes me in how it works.
Yet, work it apparently does !

A couple of guests were on the radio show Coast to Coast AM the other night, talking about the Scole Experiment and detailing a device that Edison created. Our own Vicki Talbott was on a related video found on YouTube. I'd never seen the documentary, nor the circuit, though had of course heard of Edison's interest in the paranormal.
The circuit itself, was communicated via an unexposed reel of film, sat in a sealed wooden box and with scientific people present !
Here are some links:
Coast to Coast AM program now uploaded kindly by a chap to YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl83ovR5iM0
Skip to 1:16:00 for the interview, there's another guy on before then.
Documentary about the Scole Experiment - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQvQ_WTtdHk
The circuit diagram and some background info - http://robinsphysicalphenomena.webs.com/thetdcdevice.htm

So I built one !
2x 1500 turn coils. The coils are made from unwound 56uH ferrite inductors, wound again with wire from a 12V relay. Spacing between appears to be important, or at least should be.
No germanium so a piece of fools gold was used.
Piece of plate copper under the rock.
Needle as point contact, pressure from copper rod it's glued to.
Output is to Audacity on the PC, via the mic port.

After some moving around of the needle, I received the words 'Hey Mark' from an American sounding woman!!!!!!
All is very hissy and I presumed that would be all that would come through.
The tip for this is to 'Normalize' a short recording and that brings the levels up to audible, but does increase the hiss. No filtering etc is used.

Here's a pic of the built device and the audio. Best to play it 3 or 4 times, because all your ears will hear the first time is hiss. After that, the voice is a Class B, within the hiss, if you see what I mean.

Attachment: TDC Hey Mark 24Aug2012.wav (Downloaded 2765 times)

Last edited on Aug 26th, 2012 11:03 AM by Slider2732

Psychopompos

Hi Slider.

Compliments for your device.For years,I have always desired to build one.I have the germanium chips, but the problems are the coils.The original device uses 5 Kohm coils,both wound in opposite directions.Difficult to wind and difficult to find!.If you are capable to make it for me with the original specs, in exchange,I will be happy to send you the original chips.

ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hi guys,

Nice effort Slider.

If you want to try other minerals with the cat whisker,  you could use things like boronite - zincite - hematite - galena - molybdenite and while not a natural mineral,  you could also experiment with a piece of pure silicon.

And.....for that out of this world experience....(pun) you could even use a small piece of meteorite.

One thing to keep in mind about this circuit as well as the raudive circuit and untapped crystal radios in general is that their designs are intended to be used with high impedance earphones / headphones.

If you want a cleaner / clearer sound you might want to think about using an impedance matching transformer like the Bogen T725.

Good Luck,
Ron

Psychopompos

Here the original device....

Attached Image (viewed 10124 times):

Schermata del 2012-08-29 14:28:19.png

Slider2732

Thanks Arizona and Psychopompos :)

Meteorite ?! :blink:
:biggrin:

Yes, 5K coils indeed. I mean, how on earth (or elsewhere) could a 5K coil be wound to the dimensions shown in the original device ?
Mine worked out at 167 Ohm's each, matched, using finer than hair 40 AWG from a relay.
One way, feasibly, would be to use a 5K pot and wind it up to nearly full, then use the coil to make up to the 5K.
However, I do think the highest ohm reading to be important..after all, that's the spec.

All of this has me further intrigued, because of some petrovoltaic experiments recently.
In this 2 minute video, I show that a piece of rock actually runs in an LED circuit better than a straight wire connection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQTRQUuuutM
Simple circuit diagram is shown within the video.  

@Psychopompos - I'll gladly help. Although of zero income, I have a lot of spares etc around here and will further the development. There's no way on the planet I could afford some germanium chips at the moment, so would be doing us both a favour and, hopefully furthering this fascinating circuit for others.

@ArizonaEVP - the best earpiece i've used with crystal radio experiments is from an old telephone. It works well and is something to try on the original build, or a subsequent build. Where does one find the pink single earbud types these days ? I used to see them in the ears of the hard of hearing in the 1980's, but haven't seen any recently (in or out of old folks ears).

Last edited on Aug 30th, 2012 01:54 PM by Slider2732

joecioppi

ear pieces are available at:http://scitoys.com/scitoys/scitoys/radio/radio.html

Slider2732

Thanks Joe..kinda spendy at $6.84, but at least they do have them :)

I'm growing piezo crystals at the moment, in the hopes of making an earphone in the future (Baking Soda/Cream of Tartar method). But, more realistically, am looking at piezo flat buzzers from greetings cards etc. Will build an enclosure and see how it goes.
Just tried out a crystal radio build and the original telephone handset speaker works fine, so am going to use that for the meantime.

Does anyone know what the original core for the coils was made of ?
I'm going to be using ferrite, larger than the original coils above for more turns...but just wondered if it was indeed ferrite on the original.

Psychopompos

Here the piece of germanium.I will cut it to correct shape.

Attached Image (viewed 8732 times):

Foto-0003.jpg

Slider2732

Great :)
By the way, Welcome to the group !

Some decent progress has been made toward understanding the high resistance coils and the 5000 ohm wording on the circuit diagram
Now, I believe they meant 5000 turns or 500 ohms.
I wound a coil last night (4 hours worth) of 5000 turns and it came out as 449 ohms, which is approximate to 500 ohms.

Here's a couple of pics, first of the ferrite chokes as they came off the back of part of a microwave oven and the second is the rewound finished coil.
Looking at the picture above of the original, i've tried to make it correct in size and look. The coil has thick connection ends, as per the picture and has black electrical tape over the windings.

(compare to original in Psychopompos's post above)

Time to find some relays and make the other coil !

Slider2732

:blink:

The second coil was prepared and made ready for winding:

After matching to the 449 ohms of the other one, both were attached to the test circuit:

I then set about tuning the coils. More a case of 'hmm maybe' for any perceived changes and adjusting the gap between them, plus moving the fools gold piece.
Recordings have been of around 8 seconds in Audacity and then just 'Normalized' to bring the level up.

Ya know those all too common EVP whisper voices ? quite clear and yet someone is whispering. Well the first possible EVP, after about 20 attempts at tuning is attached....someone appearing to say 'Welcome'...quite the fitting word.

THEN, well in the blurb for the original TDC experiments, there is talk of the voices coming through sounding robotic. That's what I appear to have captured next !!!
The voice seems to say 'Devil play' and is quite clear considering the hiss.
I'll post again and attach the 'Devil play' recording...it's worth listening to, in my opinion and I would welcome your thoughts.

Attachment: TDC new coils 3 'welcome'.mp3 (Downloaded 2380 times)

Slider2732

Devil play ?

Attachment: TDC new coils 5 'Devil Play' - ROBOTIC.mp3 (Downloaded 2586 times)

ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Slider2732 wrote: Thanks Joe..kinda spendy at $6.84, but at least they do have them :)

I'm growing piezo crystals at the moment, in the hopes of making an earphone in the future (Baking Soda/Cream of Tartar method). But, more realistically, am looking at piezo flat buzzers from greetings cards etc. Will build an enclosure and see how it goes.
Just tried out a crystal radio build and the original telephone handset speaker works fine, so am going to use that for the meantime.

Does anyone know what the original core for the coils was made of ?
I'm going to be using ferrite, larger than the original coils above for more turns...but just wondered if it was indeed ferrite on the original.

Hi Slider,

The earpiece from an old telephone will work just fine.

Yes....you can use meteorite for a detector.  Pyrite is metallic and so is galena.  Remember those "foxhole" crystal sets.  They used a razor blade and pencil lead for their cat whisker.

I looked around the net and didn't find any info on they made their coils.  I suppose one could always contact them through their website.

Regards,
Ron

Slider2732

Thanks Ron,
Is there any use in taking a magnet up to a river or stream ? Am just wondering what kind of rocks might be within Oklahoma to try out.

Psychopompos wrote in a PM that the coils seem to be aircore and may relate to scalar reception.
I'm going to wind some aircore versions and compare.

At the moment, it seems from the tests that the higher the coil resistance, the louder and clearer the received possible EVP's. Using ferrite may act as a quench, decreasing the Q.
Or in other words, giving with one hand and taking back with the other.

ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Slider2732 wrote: Thanks Ron,
Is there any use in taking a magnet up to a river or stream ? Am just wondering what kind of rocks might be within Oklahoma to try out.

Psychopompos wrote in a PM that the coils seem to be aircore and may relate to scalar reception.
I'm going to wind some aircore versions and compare.

At the moment, it seems from the tests that the higher the coil resistance, the louder and clearer the received possible EVP's. Using ferrite may act as a quench, decreasing the Q.
Or in other words, giving with one hand and taking back with the other.

If you take a magnet you might find a piece of iron or iron filings.

Depending on where in OK you live,  There is the recent ghost town at  Picher in Ottowa County.  It was a big mining operation for zinc and lead ore....both of which would work as a crystal detector.

You could also do a search for Ok rocks and minerals and find a rockhounding mineral club nearby your location.  They would be able to point you in the right direction.

Here is a link to the Picher ghost town:

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/ok/picher.html

And the link for listings for Oklahoma:

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/ok/ok.html

This site also has listings of ghost towns throughout the US and Canada:

http://www.ghosttowns.com/ghosttownsusa.html

Happy Hunting,
Ron

Slider2732

Thanks again Ron.
I meant to type multimeter for continuity, but the fingers typed magnet while I was thinking of what else to take along !

Yeah, we moved here (near Tulsa) in July 2008. While driving through Picher we saw what was left of the gas station and other places in the town. My wife said of the tornado and the damage was unfortunately clearly evident.

I didn't know about the varied other metals/ores for detection...fascinating :) 

Psychopompos

Slider,
Dont forget to experiment with carbides, as mentioned by the Scole group....

oldfowler

Hi guys.. I am new here. I was searching the internet for the TCD device and stumbled on this site.
I am interested in building this... can you help me? Once I get started I will be okay on my own.. but I dont understand the coils. I need to find a ferrite core and what type and gage of wire? IS it magnetic wire? And How do you keep track of the winding... it would be so easy to lose count. Thanks

Slider2732

Hey, welcome oldfowler :)

How strange to see your post, unless you are the same chap who contacted me today on YouTube about this ?
I also found the coils today while moving some parts and was reminded of the experiments..that was before getting the YouTube message.

Yes, i'll certainly help...it's a fascinating device and of great interest if you follow the work of classic scientists. Simply to make something that appears to be from the time period of Edisons life.
I'd recommend a study of crystal radios, reading and building, to familiarise with the basic operation of such a circuit. Once you get a crystal radio going, the building of this device becomes more familiar and logical.
The principle seems to be two coils with a slight difference between them of received signal (spirit voice), then a diode to give the sound output.
Experimenting is key and to not follow everything to the letter.  A 'feel' for what is going on is needed, such as noting differences when coils are spaced to different distances. I'm sure there are improvements that can be made to the circuit. For one thing, an audio amplifier on the output, for use as a hand held unit and real time EVP reception.

For ferrite cores, do you have an old PC power supply or old computer that you could take apart ? If not, try advertising on your local Freecycle group for one.
Inside the power supply you'll find 2 or 3  thin ferrite pieces that are wrapped with about half a dozen turns of thick gauge wire. The ferrite pieces look somewhat like thick pencil graphite.  The wire on those is normally glued in place, but the glue bond can be broken by twisting the wire.

If you have an old tube PC monitor then you have a treasure trove of spares for projects like this. Including a relay. Relay wire is hair thin and breaks easily, but is ideal for this project. The gauge is approx 40 AWG. Any thicker and the needed 1500 or so turns will produce a coil whose outer turns will have no ferrite influence. Imagine the ferrite sets up a bubble around itself and the wire turns go within that bubble...you can see that having wire that extends past such a bubble wouldn't help and in fact can degrade the coil performance.
The wire is called magnet wire, but isn't magnetic. Simply copper wire with a coating on it to stop it shorting out on itself with the next turn of wire over the top.

Build one in 20 minutes !
One quick method of emulating this circuit is to use 2x 12V relay and a germanium diode.
The relays can stay intact, just use a multimeter to find the 2 pins with high resistance as that will be the coil inside. Then connect the diode and output via an audio jack to a powered PC speaker.
Space the relays such that you receive favourable results :)

Last edited on Nov 28th, 2013 12:32 AM by Slider2732

Keith Clark
Administrator

Great thread here guys, I am watching with interest....
Keith

sparks

Can you guys still access the Coast to Coast AM program mentioned on YouTube? ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl83ovR5iM0
Doesnt seem to be available anymore, to me here down under.
If its still there, can someone plse download the flv so I can grab that please?
Thanks,
JEFF

Slider2732

Thanks Keith, hopefully we can get more experimenters building perhaps the relay version...i'll be building it myself and will report back on tests.
Just seemed logical for 2 ready made high ohm coils.

Hey sparks...quite right, seems that the channel may have disappeared.
Hmm, ok, will have a hunt for that as quite often several people will upload he same shows. Will update this post if I find it :)
Have found this so far, might be a different film about the experiments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qSEi_sfaSU&list=PLRBpHzctLpBb_3bWLg5nWc9H1m1fcdgS9

Last edited on Nov 28th, 2013 04:40 PM by Slider2732

sparks

I found a show on the coast to coast website ...
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2012/08/23
Probably not the one mentioned above.
Cant listen or download it as Im not a member. Can anyone download the mp3's?
I presume the ones of interest are the last two, based on the show's session description.

Last edited on Nov 28th, 2013 04:58 PM by sparks

Slider2732

Unfortunately not a 'Coast Insider' myself either.
Hmm, well this guy certainly has a lot of Coast shows: http://www.youtube.com/user/C2CAMVAULT/videos
They seem to be grouped in sections of interest. Might be worth a look.

sparks

Yes, I'll have a look. Thanks.
Thinking of the scole device reminds me of the coal dust evp detector article that I discovered on the german VTF site. If its of any interest, I posted a rough translation of the article within this post ..
http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=1543&forum_id=42

JEFF

Jan

This is a fascinating technical thread – the sort of nuts-and-bolts research which many actually lead to something tangible and reproducible.

But can we actually determine some parameters and clear away some confusion – at least in my head?

1) We need some confirmed diagrams by Edison’s hand of how this device was constructed. Are there any?

2) From the data that is available (are the Scole film images really all there are?), where did the 1500-turn, 5k ohm coils information come from? The questions about the core material are valid too. What we also need to know is the inductance of the coils. Additionally, is the 5k ohm the inductive reactance, and if so at what frequency, or just the DC resistance?

3) If these coils are tuned, at what frequency are they being tuned to?

4) What is the significance of the germanium blocks? If detection of some ‘ethereal’ signal is required, why not use a normal, low-noise, stable, germanium diode? They may not have been around in Edison’s time, but they were a breakthrough when put into production, far surpassing all the various cat’s whisker variants. They were also used in the Raudive Diode device.

5) Is this going to be another device that will only work if the operators have medium ship abilities?

6) It is “widely known” that Edison attempted communication with the dead. Do we have any documented evidence of this? Are there any drawings by him of these devices, and detailed notes of his results? It would be very strange if he did not leave any record of this particular research, he was painstaking about documenting and patenting his inventions. He was also a master at getting publicity for his devices, but there’s no evidence he had the equivalent of a press conference for this particular invention, which would surely have been hailed as one of his most significant discoveries. Unfortunately, there is some speculation (confirmed by his son Charles) that it was all a hoax to annoy some magazine reporter...

Jan

(residing in an unusually dull Inverness!)

Last edited on Dec 2nd, 2013 03:31 PM by Jan

Slider2732

Hi Jan,

Your views are completely valid and reasonable.
Real, solid, good facts are needed and no snake oil.
Perhaps Edison never did conduct any experiments of the type, let alone build and test this device.

I built mine some while ago, but do have similar questions...something i've not really gone back to, with other builds and commitments coming along.
At the time, I watched the Scole Experiments, then read a few posts on different forums and 'had at it'.
To me, it's a very high impedance crystal radio...but that may be all we need for spirit contact.

The info I used, including circuit diagram, coil specs etc is here:
http://robinsphysicalphenomena.webs.com/thetdcdevice.htm
I'm not sure it's exactly the same site, but is the same information.

Personally, I have 3 oscilloscopes, all of which have different troubles at the moment, else i'd get some decent screenshots of traces during operating (need a a scope to fix and calibrate them !).
The 5K is the coil resistance.
Germanium of any type will work, the blocks are more likely through the lack of glass encapsuled 1N34A's at the time.
A psychic may or may not be needed...I would say not - but a good ear for possible EVP's recorded and correctly identified is. Again though, what use in a Class C ? if it has merit they will be Class A sometimes.
A friend recently informed me that Edison was jealous of Tesla's apparent other worldly communications and wanted to '1 up' him. I can imagine that scenario, but it doesn't make it true.

Noone really knows and that's the beauty of this. To be pioneering and sift the wheat from the chaff. To get it all nailed down, figuratively and literally.
Perhaps Edison's method is sound, but his build is a bit twonky for the 21st Century.
Questions for improvements may include whether high Henry axial inductors would work ?
Would a good outside Ground improve results ?
Would a Faraday cage actually help ?
Could a device be built on a circuitboard, it's output connected to a 386 chip audio amp and be carried around like a Frank's box ?

Let's find out :)

Jan

Yes, the Scole Experiments were fascinating, and I don't really understand why the technical experiments didn't continue, particularly as they claimed such a revelation/invention/discovery as the germanium-coil device.

And why not build on that, to get better and better information to improve communication? I mean, is that device the total of what they could achieve? Remarkable in itself if it did what was claimed, but why stop there?

I'm also confused about the reference to germanium under slight pressure from a metal point. That IS a semiconductor diode (used as a detector of radio signals) when just the right amount of pressure is found. I see you used a piece of fools gold, but there's mention of carbides, coal and other minerals used as semiconductors. As you will know, these can all be used a crude semiconductors.

The Scole site (http://www.thescoleexperiment.com/s_files_14.htm) states that the germanium is not acting as a radio receiver and: "...some of the communicators could only speak to us through the germanium receptor.." but talks of instability and a "cut-off point" in the germanium; this is all classic behaviour of semiconductors and radio signals.

Yet the group says communications are not some sort of radio signals, but that the germanium is acting as "a point of entry".

It is a great shame Professor Arthur Ellison is no longer with us. It would be invaluable to get these points clarified. The technical information I have read in the Scole website is muddled, not the work of a physics professor.

Having just written all that, I did a bit of reverse image searching on the internet of the Scole "Psychic Photographs". The pictures of blobs could be anything, including of paranormal origin, but why include a picture of St Paul's cathedral "taken in total darkness" when it turns out to be an obscure but known photo taken in London during the blitz...?

Jan

Thanks for the link to the Scole video. Very interesting, but it begs more questions than it answers...

Last edited on Dec 4th, 2013 07:31 AM by Jan

Slider2732

Post mucked up...rewriting

Last edited on Dec 4th, 2013 09:56 AM by Slider2732

Slider2732

Been thinking about this...and your recent questions bolster the thoughts, or should I say, have helped to derive a method for furtherings. Hopefully some teamwork here is the route :)
I'd enjoy your thoughts on the following Jan, as well as anyone elses viewpoints for the route.

Recently, i've been building 'Indoor Solar Radios'.  A part of my 'Power Lamp' project. The basics are that by using a regular table lamp which would be running anyway in a room in the evenings, small drain devices can be powered.
Solar cells pick up the light, without impacting the lamp output.
The power lamp method is to be forwarded, by the fitting of panels inside the shade area. Many such lamps having black lampshades, completely wasting a potential form of 'free'energy (in my opinion).
So...without having ever heard of such a system, it's now open sourced because of this post and by doing so may help us to power a crystal radio TDC type system, that can be tailored to our Edison device needs.
And, indeed, power other devices which may suffer from battery drain during 'ghost hunts'.
Alternatively, a 1.5V battery could be used...of course :)

Nearly every ITC device includes a gap somewhere in the circuit. Some way for a circuit to accept and include spirit communications. Even a digital recorder is likely to have glass diodes within (1N4148 types in the signal routing), enabling a pathway for variable radio/light spectrum energies as well as microphone audio.
An ability for something to be variable, thus bringing the ability for spirit voice capture, in my opinion. In the TDC's case, the spacing between 2 coils, but the solar cell light pickup could also be included in thoughts.
Pic here of 5 of my radios.

The radios only need about 1.5V @ 1mA, easily furnished by scrap solar cells from garden lights etc. Typically 3 such cells will allow easy placement near a 13W table lamp. Monocrystalline panel bits are also shown and are effective...any solar cell type can be used.
Beginning with a proven radio reception method, we can adhere to the TDC specification, yet explore coil designs and truly portable usable devices, with no reliance on batteries.
It would remove the need to strongly boost terribly weak signals (my previous EVP's in this thread included).
Earphones may be regular iPod types, as well as crystal radio or piezo types.
Such a system can be trialled outdoors in daylight as well as indoors with sufficient ambient light.
The resulting devices can also be flashlight/torch powered for investigative 'ghost hunting' purposes. No external amplification need be necessary, if a sensitive headphone is used (can still be routed to an EVP recorder).

The radio circuit is based on the TA7642, a 3 pin transistor looking chip intended for radio circuits. Similar devices include the MK484, which was popular a couple of decades back. I bought 20 for $5 or similar on Ebay a couple of months ago. The rest of the small number of components were either self made (radio coils) or salvaged from scrap TV's etc. So what i've done, is to create crystal radios in form and function, without an antenna or Ground wire.
Reception and clarity/purity is on a par with a good crystal set (I live in Oklahoma and can receive as far as Chicago, Colorado, Tennessee and New Orleans),
Here's the circuit that the ones in the pic are based on:  http://www.b-kainka.de/Weblog/TA7642.jpg
From which we can replace the standard radio coil with the TDC coils :)
In practice, the 350uH coil spec is very flexible. As seen above, i've used toilet rolls, solder tubes and other forms to wind various density coils on. Some use ferrite some don't.

But -
What of the apparently important germanium 'portal' ?
And here is where we might get clever ;)
A while back, I developed a circuit for testing the qualities of rocks within a circuit. An oddball idea, needing a practical use...perhaps we now have that use.
Here's the YouTube vid, where that circuit was water powered:
EDIT - YouTube embedding not working for some reason :blushing: ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQTRQUuuutM

What i'm saying, is that we can include the germanium as a central part of the circuit, run it from a very low input power source and perhaps further the Edison device.

Last edited on Dec 4th, 2013 10:19 AM by Slider2732

sparks

Does anyone know if sound clips are available of the scole device in action?

Jan

Youtube 'Scole experiment' brings up documentaries. The one posted by Slider here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQvQ_WTtdHk has what they claim are real recordings, though it was vague saying how some of them were made.

The voices from the radio of the Italian guy were deeply unimpressive to me, though nothing to do with the Scole work.

One claim was that the radio was off and the valves/tubes removed. But it looked all lit up and fully working to me. I WISH had been there to check! The radio voices sounded like recordings on a tape recorder with someone slowing down the spools. It didn't look like any of the 'investigators' were technical enough to tell the difference between a light bulb and an onion!

The Scole stuff was fascinating, but again I would like to have been there. But we've all seen magic tricks that appear to be... magic. So even if I'd witnessed the stuff before my eyes that's no guarantee it wasn't a trick.

Jan

Last edited on Dec 4th, 2013 02:37 PM by Jan

Slider2732

Which reminds of Clarke's 3rd Law:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/776.html

I'd think that removing the tubes from such a radio wouldn't just stop signals coming through..they are used in the amplification of any signal and then the output of that signal. It would be akin to putting a cardboard box in front of everyone and still be 'tuning in' the voices. 
Now, if the cardboard box lit up, that would be cool :)

It's interesting to be a sceptical type regarding the Scole Experiment. Every bit of nonsense that we may debunk from experience and therefore throw out is present.
Yet, what of my own successes ? what of paranormal experiences throughout life, or ITC experiments that have displayed anomalies.

As a progress report:
I've altered one of the above radios (the one with the wire spool as the coil form) and tested it yesterday evening. The original black coils from the start of the thread are now in place.
Nothing happened with table lamp power, but the idea was to try a confirmation with sunlight today. Annnd guess the weather today lol, including icy rain. In summer, such a circuit runs fine indoors with nothing but ambient daylight in a well lit room.
However, i'm looking now for the germanium pieces I have stored away somewhere, to finish the idea. In lieu of which, i'll put a germanium diode in parallel and then in series with the coils.
As a straight test of regular reception it's a good thing that all that came through was regular hiss, considering the usual reception of the 50000W KRMG station out of nearby Tulsa !

Last edited on Dec 5th, 2013 10:25 AM by Slider2732

lance

Hi All...
  I just like to point out that the experiment when the valves were taken out of the radio etc happened before the documentary was made, I feel the documentary has been edited in a way to make it look like they were there at the time...
Thanks Lance.

Itsu

Hi slider,

nice to see you here.

Interesting stuff, but concerning your scole setup, should your germanium (or fools gold) detector not be inbetween the 2 coils which are in bucking mode (see the picture of the real device in post #4)?

Regards itsu

Slider2732

Cheers for the info Lance :)

Hey Itsu - great to see you here, I had no idea you were a member ! :biggrin:
Just to note for our usual contact, my prolapsed disc (back injury) has gone nuts and i've been out of regular circuit building action for a few weeks now.
Indeed, i'll try it across the coils, separating them. Haven't done anything extra in the last couple of days to report.

Last edited on Dec 7th, 2013 12:54 AM by Slider2732

Itsu

Slider2732 wrote:
Cheers for the info Lance :)

Hey Itsu - great to see you here, I had no idea you were a member ! :biggrin:
Just to note for our usual contact, my prolapsed disc (back injury) has gone nuts and i've been out of regular circuit building action for a few weeks now.
Indeed, i'll try it across the coils, separating them. Haven't done anything extra in the last couple of days to report.

Hi Slider,

i joined up here just to respond to you.
I hope that disc will behave itselve quickly as i know what a pain in the bud it can giv.
I will try to setup a similar thing, but am puzzeled by the 5KOhm coils too.

Regards Itsu

sparks

Hey Guys,
Ive got a couple of 5k coils here (and 10k ones). They actually measure that value of resistance each. Theyre the coils from British type 3000 BPO relays, that operated on 50v. Quite large. Got them on ebay for another use some time ago. The contact assembly can be detached from the coil.
JEFF

Slider2732

Well I must say, i'm delighted by the intrigue.
Especially in seeing Itsu here, whom I consider to be one of the finest builders and researchers of energy related projects.
And it's all a bit different ! Instead of looking at Wattage and calculating efficiency figures, all we need are anomalous vocal recordings to analyze.

Hopefully i'll be able to contribute more and quickly. Putting a folded pillow under the back (L2 position) is helping for sleep :)

@Sparks
As in British Telecom ?
I just found the spec/datasheet, maybe useful if you don't have it: http://www.samhallas.co.uk/repository/po_docs/yellow_book_complete.pdf
1.9.2 mentions their characteristics and properties for speech. Quite fascinating to read about the nickel iron sleeves over the core - which could have wider relevance for this project ! 
For other relay types, perhaps salvaged from CRT monitors etc, one experiment may be to grind up an old radio ferrite loopstick and pour the shavings into the relay middle.

Last edited on Dec 7th, 2013 03:40 PM by Slider2732

sparks

Hi Slider, yes, British telecom. I worked in airport comms systems in the 70's, and there were racks of these used for audio network switching. Very reliable. I measured the 5k coil at 19 Henries inductance. Taking a wild stab at the self capacitance, I estimate the coil's self resonance would be about 2kHz, so with the germanium detector, would make it a very sensitive receiver at VLF frequencies - IF we were assuming that conventional reception is how this operates, which is unlikely.
Thanks for the datasheet. I havent seen one of these since those old days. 
Heres a photo of the coil. This one has 2 windings.
JEFF

Attached Image (viewed 8034 times):

IMG_2834.JPG

Itsu

Slider,

having some sleep is good as it relaxes the body and muscles around the disc.

Sparks,

nice relays, so they do exist out there.
Have to search around, as i do not see how i could make them (5K Ohm coils) myselve.

Regards itsu

sparks

Here's some on ebay at present...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/gpo-relay
Youll need to ask what the resistances of the particular relays are, as its not listed on the auctions I looked at.
Its possible that the seller might be able to provide other relays of specific resistances if asked.

Itsu

Thanks Sparks,

presently there are no relays mentioned with 5000Ohm resistance and/or the seller does not ship to The Netherlands :blink:

But i will keep a look out for them.

Regards Itsu

sparks

With Ebay, it always pays to ask the seller if they will ship to a country that isnt listed, as sometimes they will make an exception if you ask nicely. Also, the values of relay resistance I specifically wanted (5K and 10K)  I asked the seller about because he was only selling 1K relays. He had these values available, but hadnt listed them.
Always pays to be cheeky and ask for what you are looking for !!

sparks

Heres are some ebay sellers that are selling 5k relays and ship worldwide...
If you do an ebay search for "relay 5000 ohms" there are quite a few results.
Theyre not gpo 3000, but they could be disassembled for purpose.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnecraft-Miniature-Wetted-Relay-8MA-SPST-NO-5000-Ohms-New-Old-Stock-/161067905429?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2580653195

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-P-B-POTTER-BRUMFIELD-POWER-RELAY-KCP-11-5000-5000OHM-/330858527328?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d08b47a60#shpCntId

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Potter-Brumfield-SM5LS-5000Ohm-Tube-Relay-NOS-5000-Ohms-/250765271112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a62c66048

MrZeta

Hi folks,

Well I am back...I have accumulated alot of stuff; I am in my basement finally and am pretty much setup to do this; but I tell you I am somewhat afraid...I been putting this off; but I play mmo pc games and play music like guitar; it seems to distract any emotion from interfering...and it also prevents me from continuing on.

I have been really getting these odd feelings of coils and electromagnetics...

I am sensing you were talking about 5k coils...well I am an electronics expert people...and I am back again to try this.

You can use audio transformers?? Or one side of them...altho they usually come on 1k on input and 8 ohm or so on the output; there may be 5k ohm input side audio transformers...

I have quite a few coils; I have some of Erland Babcock's stuff he gave me before he passed on as well and I need to get my act together and go thru this stuff.

I finally have a nice corner in the basement and privacy; but mind you I also play pc video games and the last month I was almost addicted to one; I QUIT the game it was consuming me; no woriies it was a space game but I do play army games as I was in the Air Force so I do have a military background...all in all the games help me I think and like everything we need to learn moderation and know when to quit.

I will be Live Streaming EVERYTHING from start to finish; if this stuff works people it works; and most of all when it does work if anyone, like me, get those feelings of fear and dont want to press on; we need that support.

I have setup a channel but I dont know how to save videos; I think I will have to pay $7 or so a month I dunno yet.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/zeta-alien-technologies

This streaming location will be advertized in some of the better known circles; once I get movin on this, and figure out how to save the streams, it will be pretty kool.

I have one major issue...I am looking for Aliens not ghosts...but also, at this point I dont really care anymore what happens; I am to the point where it is time to get those results; the only thing is, when they really happen for me; I dont think the world is ready for it; maybe most of us in these circles already know that; most are skeptics; I am a skeptic which is a good thing as I am trying so desperately not ti cause emotional interference with the tests I do; and we all know how nearly impossible that is.

Well there is a secret and now I am being told to tell it....

Morse code; codes; ascii; ham radio codes; tty; languages like French or languages we dont fluently speak; we get those answers in a language that is impossible for us to duplicate; and we have SOLVED any interference problem.

Then I tought, tonite...why not morse code; I am pretty good with it; in fact morse code is readible thru noise where voice isnt; I dont know about computer generated tho even tho t is possibl; we may need it to read the code if it comes in too fast.

So yes; coils, magnets; this is the main areas I seem to be getting involved with...second are lasers and crystals (real rock crystals) and those things that spilt the visual spectrum I forget the name but there is a stone that is made to do that; I have some stone and sheets of it for scrying; this is spooky stuff; so that is where I am at.

Here is my website:

http://www.freewebs.com/mrzeta

I am glad to see people still here working on this.

I dont know when I will stream; I am working up a number of websites to let people know what I am going to do; setup my own website for some informationals; and just go for it.

I am usually on in the evening hours; if I start getting followers to watch; and see others streaming as well working on this; it will be pretty fascinating; let alone if results are obtained live.

Mr Zeta

Last edited on Dec 14th, 2013 11:48 PM by MrZeta

sparks

Hi Mr Zeta,
In regards the specification of suitable coils, I think there is an important distinction to be made between winding resistance and working impedance. It seems likely that the use of 5k coils in the scole work refers to the coil winding resistance (dc), hence my earlier comments regarding possible use of 5k relay coils, etc.
The possible use of audio transformers, and their value is a different thing. Yes, there are audio transformers with 5k primary impedance, but the actual dc resistance of the winding is probably only about 300 ohms. I dont think therefore that an audio transformer would be suitable for the device in question, but I am very happy to be proven wrong.
regards,
Sparks.

Itsu

Finally got my two 5000 Ohm coils and a piece of Germanium so i could put something together.

The output resistance i measure is between 2000 and 1700 Ohm depending on the pressure and placement of the screw.
This i feed to a 12v battery fed 800W MOSFET amplifier, but still i have to listen with my headset on as the output volume is every very low.

No real signals are heard unless i touch the screw with my fingers, then i hear lots of "mexican dogs" as mentioned in this webside (bottom):
http://www.glowbug.nl/projects/UM58.html

When i keep the signal as steady as possible and get zero beat i hear a local Dutch radio station as i can hear them speak Dutch.

So this thing works then as a crystal radio with me being the antenna.

I will try to get more output, but i guess i need a preamp.

Regards Itsu

Attached Image (viewed 3732 times):

scole1.png

Itsu

And another picture:

Attached Image (viewed 3848 times):

scole2.png

Slider2732

Very nice build Itsu :)

I've not heard of the 'Mexican dogs' phenomenon before and will check that out.

What I can't check out now, is testing like that on my own TDC.
A gentlemen emailed and asked to buy it and while I fully support others being able to further their own research, decided to ship it for free.
It was found to be in a dismembered state as i'd repurposed the coils for a crystal radio build, so it was rebuilt.
Then was posted off a couple of weeks ago and the package included one of the solar radios as pictured above....which i'm delighted to read may be of use in understandings, following your reception Itsu of a station on the TDC.

Here's the rebuilt TDC, now with audio jack socket and using a germanium diode.
Hopefully the new owner will have success and post here.

Attached Image (viewed 3551 times):

100_1310.JPG

Slider2732

On testing the TDC before sending, a rather clear piece of audio was picked up, via my usual method of using Audacity to record directly from the device.
My wife had just been in hospital for thyroid removal and we were discussing whether a spirit presence had been watching over her. The audio is of her name.

Attachment: Julie.wav (Downloaded 1443 times)

Last edited on Feb 24th, 2014 07:55 AM by Slider2732

Itsu

Wow, thats a clear piece of audio!!

Guess your "mediumistic faculties" are better then mine, see this thread on OUR:

http://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=2350.msg36533;topicseen#msg36533

I like the idea of a germanium diode, i have severall i could try, also i have peeled open a big old germanium power transistor.

However, there is no way to tune then, probably a magnet near the coils will vary the inductance somewhat.

Thanks, regards Itsu

Slider2732

Hi Stefan, it's always good to read about your thoughts and experiments.
Didn't recognise you from your handle, but did when I saw your location :)

I have a lot of time for Thomas Bearden, many don't, but there's no sense in throwing the baby out with the bath water. Scalar waves especially.
That brings me to thinking about another few setups for such an experiment:
A single filar pair of pancake coils, with variable distance between them.
Or, a bifilar pancake coil.
Or, caduceus coils.
Apparently a caduceus will allow energy reception within a Faraday cage, which would point to the scalar abilities.

http://www.n-atlantis.com/caduceuscoil.htm

The scalar bubbles experiment is intriguing. I do hope you'll update with the results.

Last edited on Aug 10th, 2014 08:07 PM by Slider2732

Jan

That's an unusual circuit in post #52. As far as conventional physics is concerned it probably shouldn't do anything, particularly in a DC field.

However, putting a P-N junction in a magnetic field may be interesting, although I doubt such an experiment has been overlooked in the history of semiconductors.

Nevertheless, to 'get something to happen', I suggest there should be a method of adjusting intensity of the field in which the P-N junction is placed, either by varying the current through both coils or adjusting the distance between the N-poles and the diode.

Are there any clues to intensity of the field in which the junction it placed?

Janet

Last edited on Aug 12th, 2014 11:47 AM by Jan

Slider2732

I've held a personal theory for some time regarding diodes and EVP.

The thought goes, that diodes do indeed carry the voices of the deceased. Small signal diodes are in pretty much everything for EVP experimentation. Only over the past few years have diodes become the same as SMD transistors, little black plastic pieces, rather than glass encapsulated silicon or germanium.

Diodes are mini solar panels...as are LED's and larger transistors if you take the metal can top off. I have 2x 1970's diodes of unknown type (from a Scanner/CB type of thing) that produce 6.5V @ 17uA when in series, next to a 23W CFL lightbulb.
One might wonder how the light can get in to traditional recorders, but even brand new digital recorders will likely have a front of the case LED !
Similar to diodes, a green LED can produce 2V and several 10's of microamps, able to run a blocking oscillator circuit in good sunlight. 

So, pretty much any piece of kit has an ability to allow frequencies in via a diode of some type and create it's own power, enough to influence recorded output.
An interesting aspect of DC and AC is that one type can ride over the other and remain separate...such as badly smoothed ripple from wall adapters. Such a situation could allow for a spirit voice to hop along a normally closed DC route within a circuit, similar to how high frequency energy travels over and not through a wire (induction wireless electricity).
If a voice from the deceased is thought of similarly to radio, i.e. it's a frequency, then rectification for recording can be managed by the diodes. Some of that energy may skip on past, which could conceivably give us the different classifications of EVP recording.
If there is a light component to the signal, bringing in recent full spectrum camera usage by some researchers, then the direct link to diode rectification of those frequencies can be imagined.

Last edited on Aug 12th, 2014 03:28 PM by Slider2732

Jan

Hi Stefan.

That's an interesting circuit - rather like the wide-band noise generators which use the noise generated by a zener diode, although yours is a forward-biased germanium diode in a magnetic field.

(I like the fact that you have paralleled the electrolytic decoupling capacitors with 0.1uF - folks often forget or ignore the limitations of electrolytic capacitors.)

Fingers crossed for an ITC breakthrough...

Janet

Last edited on Aug 15th, 2014 07:00 AM by Jan

Slider2732

Yes, indeed, great concept.
Don't be sat in a rocking chair at 80 years old wondering about this one :biggrin:

"My idea is to apply a small (adjustable) forward bias voltage to the diode in order to reach this above mentioned point of unstability or increased sensitivity towards the 'energy fields' in the center of the scalar bubble."

Jan

And maybe a multi-turn 10k bias-voltage pot?

Last edited on Aug 16th, 2014 09:14 AM by Jan

Itsu

EVPfan,

nice, i build that little circuit on a breadboard using the multi-turn pot like suggested by Jan.

Powered with a 12V battery i can hear some noises like some control or piloting signals via the grid??
When touching the germanium diode or the MOSFET drain i hear a local Dutch radio station, so shielding the whole circuit is a must.
Turning the pot does not change much in the audio.
I will try to put the circuit in a shielded box and operate it far away from the grid as it picks up lots of transients.

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlehw5vLHeE&feature=youtu.be

Any luck yourselve?

Regards itsu

Last edited on Aug 17th, 2014 01:36 PM by Itsu

Jan

Hi Itsu,

From the video I expect the hum is from unscreened wires feeding hi-Z inputs, both the BF256 FET and the audio amp - but I guess you know that.

Incidentally, I've had problems with FETs which were caused by different pin configurations to those that were published. Sometimes it depends on the manufacturer!

I'm curious to know what's causing the occasional high-pitched interference. Do you have any switched-mode power supplies nearby on standby? Or any data-though-the-mains equipment?

When I've had similar hum problems as a last resort I've switched off the workshop mains!

I like the magnets retained by tape as they try to repel each other - very simple but clever.

Thanks for posting the video.

Jan

Jan

Ah, the TL074 - probably what I would have used!

9V through 2 M ohms only gives 4.5 uA. Is this enough? Could you reduce them to say 1k each (as current limiters) with 100k ganged variable resistors to see if there's a 'sweet spot' for any effect?

And very nice piece of construction to hold the magnets.

I can hear 'voice-like' noises in your recording, but I can't tell if they are just digital artefacts, pareidolia, or both. Perhaps forum members with more imagination than me could interpret something...?

Good work.

Jan

PS: I've just looked at your other links and construction. Beautifully assembled - I wish I had the talent for such neat construction.

Last edited on Aug 18th, 2014 01:37 AM by Jan

Slider2732

Fantastic developments all !

Itsu, great video....could the diode being open to the light be allowing mains hum from your bench lights to enter the diode ?
Recent experiments have been with 60Hz harvesting and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that problem as part of the cause.
The radio effects could turn useful in one embodiment, creating a Franks Box type of hybrid device.

Stefan, great progress...
"The voice-like noises were already audible in the original recording, only quiter, so they can't be digital artefacts. I'm not sure where these sounds come from, but in computer-generated white noise or in the noise from silicon semiconductors, I never heard such sounds..."
Most intriguing !

Itsu

Jan wrote:
Hi Itsu,

From the video I expect the hum is from unscreened wires feeding hi-Z inputs, both the BF256 FET and the audio amp - but I guess you know that.

Incidentally, I've had problems with FETs which were caused by different pin configurations to those that were published. Sometimes it depends on the manufacturer!

I'm curious to know what's causing the occasional high-pitched interference. Do you have any switched-mode power supplies nearby on standby? Or any data-though-the-mains equipment?

When I've had similar hum problems as a last resort I've switched off the workshop mains!

I like the magnets retained by tape as they try to repel each other - very simple but clever.

Thanks for posting the video.

Jan

Jan,

i shut down the workshop power yesterday (one switch) and the sound was still there.
Only after removing the ground/minus lead of the Fluke multimeter it was gone (or not audible anymore).

As i have just above my head a 6000W (24 panels) solar system i suspect it is comming from there, or at least from the solar inverter and picked up by this minus lead.

Stefan, very nice build, those magnets are going nowhere:biggrin:

Regards itsu

ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hello All,

I agree...great brainstorming effort.

Stefan;  I like the clean look of your projects.  My own breadboard attempts remind me of Frankenstein.

I listened to the audio that Stefan posted and isolated a response(?) that I found from approx. 26 to 29 seconds into the clip.

Can't say for sure if it is in German or not.

Here it is.  I looped the segment 3 times:

Attachment: 0.26.2-0.29.0-Loop_NR.wav (Downloaded 1076 times)

Itsu

EVPfan,

trying to keep up with you, but i am still at this first opamp circuit using a TL084 instead, powered from 2 12V batteries (so +12v and -12V).
Nice hissing sound from the earplug / MOSFET amplifier, but nothing else.
There is 15V directly across the diode 1n34 (25V total across the 2 resistors (1M each) and the diode).

At least the radio stations are gone (also the pilot/control like signal), so there could be no mistake there.

Short video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBxut4Kts5Y&feature=youtu.be

Regards Itsu

Attached Image (viewed 3156 times):

momentopname_002.png

Itsu

Thanks Stefan, i see it now.

I will first do some testing with my 5000 Ohm coils (see earlier in this thread) instead of the permanent magnets.

Regards Itsu

Keith Clark
Administrator

following this item, how's it going, any update?

Keith

Keith Clark
Administrator

question for the group: did this originate from the Scole Experiment?

I am a little behind, just found this link here, haven't read Robin's latest book, can someone tell me if details were ever actually specified or given, or were they left generic?

http://physicalmediumship4u.ning.com/group/ufo-s-et-s-and-physical-mediumship

Thanks,
Keith

Keith Clark
Administrator

actually, sorry, that's what i get for reading backwards...I just found the original in Stefan's post.....thanks!

MrZeta

Hello,

Very kool to see this kind of work...I remember my post and read the info on the coils...I am currently working on cleaning organizing repairing all that good stuff and planning once again to seriously get back into low level signal work.

As you may know I am now live streaming most of my ongoing work - dont really look for ghost pictures in the streams its alot of time consuming work to trudge thru video frames...at some point I will be doing the actual research once I get standards set for signal measurement; it takes more time to prepare than to test !

I will add this circuit to my list - also look at leaving out the use of OPAMPS - try using discrete components like single transistor (and FET) amps and filters - I have not looked deeply into the circuitry here yet - I have a general idea from the beginning of the thread and I will make a device similar as best I can then start comparing and adding here.

Also look at using a bridge circuit for increased sensitivity output into an FET input section - lots of gain and high S/N ratios here !

I will be using this as a possible low level input standard; adding filters etc - I need to verify what is called a-wight and c-wight filter design.

(EDIT:(!): Weighted filters I found were used to test microphones I should know I had to design some for that reason some years back - I totally forgot what the reason was til I read up on them. It was said that as such these filters were best suited for singles tones (to transmit to microphones for testing) due to low distortion (which wasnt mentioned (!); they are not suitable for broad range of freqs - also cant remember how the bandwidth are on them - the idea was to get really low distortion; might be suitable for Spiricom but I dont think that was an issue and probly not necessary.

As for not using OPAMPS - possible mixing of radio frequencies inside or near them...simpler circuits may leave out interference but then again the crystal radio was simple; just my own processing.

I will be doing up streams on power supplies and noise, filtering and such, and building my prototype input amps and filters soon; then I get to hook it all up and start the real research !

As I may have mentioned I only scanned this thread - havnt studied it but I have the idea; I will add this to my list; try it first then start adding here; I happen to have found a large bag of old relays - I knew they would be good for something...)

I will stay tuned here !

Mr Zeta

Last edited on Sep 14th, 2014 06:12 PM by MrZeta

Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Stefan,

Very nice, clean, organized, and well presented! My compliments on that page!

Keith

MrZeta

Hello Stefan...

Yes very nice lots of work goin on there - I took a glance then stopped - I want to try this as well without any preconceptions at first and see what transpires. I will definitely check out the site soon !

We make sure our real life duties are done so we can do this...I am glad to be here and support evertone and have felt the same; I think this is gonna be a good winter !

Keep us posted !

Mr Zeta

Simmo

Hey guys, just wanted to quickly say hi, I'm building one of these TDC's at the moment and am going to experiment with both the coils and some static magnets. Waiting on my Germanium diodes to arrive but will try some Zeners in the meantime and also some other minerals/crystals such as a piece of Tourmaline I recently found in my cupboard. I'm quite the amateur when it comes to circuit building and have no idea how to read a schematic so I'll be keeping my device very simple like the original but I'm looking forward to posting any results here. Great work so far guys I've had a blast reading this thread.

lance

Hi Simmo,
and welcome to the forum. :biggrin:

Please keep us posted on your building and results of your experiments, Take care, Lance.

ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Welcome.

Good luck.

Keep us posted on your results.

Ron

blackrain

Hello i have just joined this forum after reading this thread...i am very interested in this having been involved in research and paranormal investigating for 20 years...i am not an electronics man im afraid...but any updates on this facinating thread....has been quiet of late.

Slider2732

Hi blackrain, welcome aboard :)

As it happens, I was chatting via emails with a chap in England recently and we were discussing various ways to build such devices.
I have a new build that's been tested a few times and shows promise....as usual, it needs good quality headphones. None of this gives the clarity and volume of other methods, but is always intriguing. If you are used to Audacity it's a breeze to 'Normalize' and play back.
EVP's tend to be Class B from these devices. There's not the crackle of incoming energy and then crystal clear wording, but neither are they to be dismissed.

Anyway, this one is built from 2x Dollar Tree dancing solar toy coils and a Germanium diode.
The coils are 500ohms each.
The addition of a variable capacitor from an old radio (across the coils) hasn't seemed to help. In fact, quite the opposite, i'm getting nothing and that's where experiments have paused for the past couple of weeks.
Using the coils makes the building of the unit far simpler, but, the wires are easily broken with being less than hair thin.

Will update with a pic and some EVP's, once I start up the experiments again...which your post has prompted :)

Researcher John

Hi there. Is there anyway you can point me to someone who can design one for me. I will pay. Please let me know. My email is [email protected]

Researcher John

Hi there. Is there anyway you can point me to someone who can design one for me. I will pay. Please let me know. My email is [email protected]

Slider2732

Hi John,

Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to build one of these, but they are quite easy to make.
In essence, they are 2x high ohm coils, with a germanium diode in between.
1 coil will connect with it's inner wire end to the diode, the other coil will connect with its outer wire to the other end of the diode.
If I remember right, the 2 spare ends then connect together and the output is across the diode, which can then go to say a PC's mic input on a soundcard.
Audacity is good then for boosting the sound level and indeed any sound output can be listened to in real-time.

Researcher John

Your a geniuos thank you. Can you create a step by step process? I'm we we would all love that. I'll even pay to have that. Or better. One already made. Thank you. My email is [email protected] if any questions.

Slider2732

Very kind, but I only know what's been typed up here.
This sort of project is a good starter for homemade devices and can teach a lot about what to expect, how to discern noise from an actual signal.
Anything I might explain would only be based on experiments from years ago now and really, it's much better to build one for the self and make changes as it's being used...everything is only guesswork and the experimenter himself is often the factor of whether success is achieved. Plus, what that success is, or what results are expected are also based around the experimenter.

A couple of high ohm coils and a germanium diode are about all it is. How you hook them up or interact with the resulting device is as open as the ones I made that few years back.
The summary being, that such devices are always part material, part ethereal. In the case of this one there is a lot of gap setting and adjustment based on a highly unscientific 'feel' for changes. Those changes are seemingly directly linked to the experimenter.

Valheol

For anyone who is intimidated by making their own coil:

Your standard single coil guitar pickup is rated at 6-8000 ohms and costs around 10$ online. It's already wound for you on a bobbin and after removing the screws, pegs and magnets, you have exactly what you need.

As a bonus, humbucker pickups come with dual coils arranged in anti parallel configuration already! 😃

Last edited on Jan 25th, 2017 09:08 PM by Valheol

Slider2732

That's very cool info !
I wonder if anyone has put a diode between them and played 'Stairway to heaven' :biggrin:

flybd5

I understand what you did here but what gauge wire did you use to make these coils? Still used 40AWG?

Juan

Slider2732 wrote:
Great :)
By the way, Welcome to the group !

Some decent progress has been made toward understanding the high resistance coils and the 5000 ohm wording on the circuit diagram
Now, I believe they meant 5000 turns or 500 ohms.
I wound a coil last night (4 hours worth) of 5000 turns and it came out as 449 ohms, which is approximate to 500 ohms.

Here's a couple of pics, first of the ferrite chokes as they came off the back of part of a microwave oven and the second is the rewound finished coil.
Looking at the picture above of the original, i've tried to make it correct in size and look. The coil has thick connection ends, as per the picture and has black electrical tape over the windings.

(compare to original in Psychopompos's post above)

Time to find some relays and make the other coil !

Slider2732

Hi Juan,

The wire gauge of 12V automotive relays is approx 40AWG yep.
You might well get some results by simply wiring 2 relays together !

On the bottom of such relays, there are normally 2 pins on one end and 4 on the other. The 2 pins are the coil, the 4 are the contacts that open and close.
So the method would be to wire the 2 pins oppositely of each other.
The cases do come away quite readily, although normally in many pieces. It's a thin brittle plastic. Pliers can be used to crack the plastic (at the 4 pin contacts end) then the plastic will crack apart.

flybd5

Ok. 40AWG wire on a 25mm x 8mm bobbin will give you exactly 501 ohms with 5000 turns. I too was confused with the 5,000 ohm spec, since there was no way you could make that even with 43AWG wire in such a small bobbin.

Slider2732 wrote:
Hi Juan,

The wire gauge of 12V automotive relays is approx 40AWG yep.
You might well get some results by simply wiring 2 relays together !

On the bottom of such relays, there are normally 2 pins on one end and 4 on the other. The 2 pins are the coil, the 4 are the contacts that open and close.
So the method would be to wire the 2 pins oppositely of each other.
The cases do come away quite readily, although normally in many pieces. It's a thin brittle plastic. Pliers can be used to crack the plastic (at the 4 pin contacts end) then the plastic will crack apart.

flybd5

BTW, a lot of the interpretations of the audio are what I would describe as excessively optimistic. Most of them sound like someone was picking up some AM station, and not very well. :)

flybd5

I was also wondering... since no electricity will be running through the coils, does the wire need to be insulated? I wonder if Edison's design called for plain copper wire...

Slider2732

Most of EVP study is excessively optimistic lol
But when the Class A's arrive, it makes the journey worth it huh :)

Thanks for verifying the 500ohm thing.

Uninsulated would short of course, but back in the day I presume he may have used cotton covered. Certainly shielded wire similar to WiFi wire would be no good. The enamel wire is a good compromise for performance.
Maybe Edison was thinking of radio in the design...it may have morphed into something powerful if Tesla had designed it. Saying that, how about Tesla's spirit radio.

With Edison and Tesla not getting along, combine the two designs and watch the sparks fly :)

Last edited on Jan 28th, 2017 02:42 AM by Slider2732

flybd5

I'm not sure anything would short with bare wire, because no power is running through it. Remember, guitar pickup coils are made of bare wire, not insulated or enameled. This is not a transformer or relay coil where electricity runs through it to create a magnetic field, it's just a coil to enhance reception with the germanium as a semiconductor material.

I don't think Tesla has a design that could match this. If he did, he would have probably barged in on Edison during the Scole sessions. :)

Juan

Slider2732 wrote:
Most of EVP study is excessively optimistic lol
But when the Class A's arrive, it makes the journey worth it huh :)

Thanks for verifying the 500ohm thing.

Uninsulated would short of course, but back in the day I presume he may have used cotton covered. Certainly shielded wire similar to WiFi wire would be no good. The enamel wire is a good compromise for performance.
Maybe Edison was thinking of radio in the design...it may have morphed into something powerful if Tesla had designed it. Saying that, how about Tesla's spirit radio.

With Edison and Tesla not getting along, combine the two designs and watch the sparks fly :)

Valheol

flybd5 wrote:
Remember, guitar pickup coils are made of bare wire, not insulated or enameled.

That is incorrect. Guitar coils are wound with 42AWG enameled copper wire.

flybd5

I stand corrected. :)

Valheol wrote:
flybd5 wrote:
Remember, guitar pickup coils are made of bare wire, not insulated or enameled.

That is incorrect. Guitar coils are wound with 42AWG enameled copper wire.

flybd5

Hmm. I just looked again at the section of the Scole Experiment book that talks about the receptor. There is no mention of the number of turns or the resistance. The writing on the film just says B and C are coils of high resistance.

flybd5

But no mention of materials or other specs. It's also wrong. You can't get 5000 ohms out of a coil that small, even with the smallest available wire. To get 5,000 ohms with 43AWG enameled wire would take a coil with 30,000 turns of wire 1,477 meters long.

Where are the recordings? Have they ever made them available for scrutiny?

Last edited on Jan 29th, 2017 09:44 AM by flybd5

flybd5

I've looked everywhere for the recordings. They are not available anywhere on the Internet, to my knowledge. I've seen the photo. It doesn't really answer any questions for me. I will try to build this device, and have already ordered the final component (the wire), but it bothers me that they complain about the skepticism but don't lift a finger to provide the simple evidence that would dispel doubts. Without that, the whole story fails Ockham's Razor and tends to peg my BS-o-Meter. :)

Valheol

There were recordings. If you watch the scole experiment documentary, the recordings are included in the film. That is actually how I found out about the Scole experiments.

Last edited on Jan 29th, 2017 01:52 PM by Valheol

flybd5

There was a film. If the recordings exist, why only in the film? Sorry, but no, doesn't pass the smell test.

JKeen

I just finished mine recently. I tried to build it as true to the original as possible. I've been experimenting with it, and its very interesting. I get a strange static which has that freight train and wave crashing quality that's noted in the scole experiment book and web resources I've read. I've gotten what I believe are evps from it but haven't confirmed them through noise filter software. So far, they aren't evps that are much different from whats to be expected from typical audio equipment.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I also included an audio file of what it sounds like when being turned on.  The loud crashes are what occurs when the pressure screw tightens into the germanium.

Attached Image (viewed 1534 times):

WIN_20170809_110225.JPG

Last edited on Aug 9th, 2017 07:58 PM by JKeen

JKeen

flybd5 wrote: But no mention of materials or other specs. It's also wrong. You can't get 5000 ohms out of a coil that small, even with the smallest available wire. To get 5,000 ohms with 43AWG enameled wire would take a coil with 30,000 turns of wire 1,477 meters long.

Where are the recordings? Have they ever made them available for scrutiny
I used a sewing kit spool  with an inner diameter of 11mm with 46 awg wire. According to a coil wrapping calculator designed for e-cigarette users (link is below), it should theoretically take 10,656 windings. For me it varied from 9000 to over 15,000 windings to get a target resistance of 5000 ohms. I measured the turns using a calculator that was modified with a reed (magnetic) switch.  I'm guessing the quality controls on such a fine wire are hard to maintain in manufacture. It was so fickle, that I gave up on winding in one attempt because I was at 15,000 winds, and theresistence was only at 3.5k-ohms.

As for the spools that finally made it into the device, one came out to about 4.7 K-ohms and the  other at 5.3. They both neatly fit into the .75x1.25x2.75 inch dimensions that I and Scole group respectively constructed our acrylic containers with. I had to burnish away the coating on the magnet wire in segments to measure the resistance as I wound it. It was very cumbersome, and I had about 20 failed attempts. Sometimes the the wire would break as I wound it. Sometimes it would get caught between the chuck of my fiscar hand drill and the spool. I completed good 5000 ohm coils at times, only for it to be botched up somehow after soldering up the leads to the washers that endcap the spool. It was such a headache.

If I attempt this again, I will probably use a slightly thicker gauge like 43 awg, since its commonly used in guitar pickup construction. The actual number of windings will more likely match the calculations, since there's more quality control exercised over it. It probably won't snap as much when I'm winding it, either, because its thicker. According to the calculator, an 11mm spool will take about 21,000 windings. That really doesn't tell me whether it will fit or not though.I have to calculate the volume that this much 43 awg wire occupies. Even if its over the capacity of the spool, you can bulge the center a little bit as you wind it to fit more. I might try 44 or 45 awg as well.

Coil Calculation Website

Last edited on Aug 9th, 2017 07:33 PM by JKeen

JKeen

Here's what it sounds like when being powered on. The loud thumps occur when the pressure screw is turned into the germanium. The TDC was patched into the mic jack of my SONY IC recorder fr this sample.

Attachment: 120620_004.MP3 (Downloaded 1001 times)

Last edited on Aug 9th, 2017 08:07 PM by JKeen

JKeen

flybd5 wrote: I've looked everywhere for the recordings. They are not available anywhere on the Internet, to my knowledge. I've seen the photo. It doesn't really answer any questions for me. I will try to build this device, and have already ordered the final component (the wire), but it bothers me that they complain about the skepticism but don't lift a finger to provide the simple evidence that would dispel doubts. Without that, the whole story fails Ockham's Razor and tends to peg my BS-o-Meter. :)

Montague Keen was amajor correspondent for Scole. His website contains a page with several recordings from seances. Some might be from the scole sessions. Some may be channelings from mediums, some evp, some trans dimensional communications. I'm not exactly sure. Here's the link.

Montague Keen website audio

Last edited on Aug 11th, 2017 06:28 AM by JKeen

Jan

Has anyone got any recordings yet they have successfully made?

Have there been any circuit improvements? The biased germanium diode between opposing magnets looks like a good idea, and maybe I've missed it, but where did the idea come from? Did it eventually yield results?

Thanks.

Jan

Keith Clark
Administrator

I believe original idea came from Scole Experiments, if I am not mistaken.

ghost-station

I wanted to share some pictures and informations about my newest project.

It is the germanium receptor V2.0. The front panel was made of black anodised aluminum, and the engravings was made with a 3 Watt Laser.

On this link is a photo online presentation: http://www.transkommunikation.ch/dateien/germanium_receptor_v2/pics/mobile/index.html

On this link there are more informations about the project: http://transkommunikation.ch/dateien/germanium_receptor_v2/

Regards

Salvi / Transkomm Schweiz
http://www.transkommunikation.ch

Attached Image (viewed 1076 times):

pic_0001.jpg

Jan

There's a long and interesting article on transcommunication in Feb 2018 Fortean Times. For the technically minded amongst us, there is a diagram of Melton's psychic telephone that could easily be updated using modern technique. Of course there's still no guarantee that it will work any better than the original...

The FT article is based on this article, where you will also find the psychic phone circuit.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/fortean-times/20180201/282763472063981

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3855 seconds (29% database + 71% PHP). 36 queries executed.