ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Homemade Contact Microphone  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Apr 17th, 2007 04:09 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
EVPDave

I made an interesting discovery recently. I placed a suction cup induction coil pickup (Radio Shack) on top of a package of small rare earth magnets (also from Radio Shack) and found the magnet package became a very sensitive contact microphone. I tested placing this combo on several objects around the house as a test. The most sensitive object was my old (all metal) Presto quartz heater. I set the combo on top of the heater and have recorded a few sessions and had good results. Loudest results were obtained using AM radio sweep in the background. The induction mic gets plugged into a pre-amp (Radio Shack, not shown). The contact mic is sensitive to vibrations and the heater has a natural reverb effect. Commercial contact microphones are used in surveillance and can be pricy, this version is very inexpensive to replicate. I will post a photo of the set-up.

Example capture:

"Ask him if he knows...Brian Watson"

Dave

Attachment: 041607askifheknowsbrianwatson.mp3 (Downloaded 1303 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Apr 17th, 2007 04:12 AM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
EVPDave

Photo of set-up, pre-amp is not shown. Magnets are in original sealed package.

Attached Image (viewed 2744 times):

MVC-670Fcombo.jpg

Posted: Apr 18th, 2007 06:35 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
EVPDave

With all the discussion of Houdini recently I asked about Houdini in a session. This response was 30 seconds after I spoke.

"We're testing...not Houdini"

Dave

Attachment: 041707weretestingnothoudini (2).mp3 (Downloaded 1259 times)

Posted: Apr 19th, 2007 06:19 AM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
fratka

Dave,

What group are you testing with? We are gettting a lot of references to a Dave, that we need Dave from our contacts. Are you getting any similar messages, where your contacts are telling you to hook up with others?

Texas Frank

Posted: Apr 19th, 2007 03:02 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
EVPDave

fratka wrote: Dave,

What group are you testing with? We are gettting a lot of references to a Dave, that we need Dave from our contacts. Are you getting any similar messages, where your contacts are telling you to hook up with others?

Texas Frank

You mean Spirit group name? There are several groups, most I do not have a name for. One group calls themselves "Mainline Feedback".  On the physical level I work alone, makes it easier for me to focus on technical projects. The only messages I recall about others that might be physical mentions 'the German', that could be one of several people I know who are researchers.

Dave

Posted: Apr 26th, 2007 05:34 PM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
EVPDave

Here is an example from yesterday using the very same technique.

"Talk to David..Call David's system?"

I believe there is a sympathetic vibration set up between the metal case of the heater and the quartz tubes within.

Dave

Attachment: 042507talktodavidcalldavidssystem.mp3 (Downloaded 1240 times)

Posted: Apr 27th, 2007 07:52 AM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Dave,

That is a really good one!  I waffle between "Call" and "We Have" David's system.  Nonetheless, very clearly spoken.  Have you heard that particular voice before?  Nice.  Vicki 

Posted: Apr 27th, 2007 10:07 AM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
EVPDave

Vicki Talbott wrote: Hi Dave,

That is a really good one!  I waffle between "Call" and "We Have" David's system.  Nonetheless, very clearly spoken.  Have you heard that particular voice before?  Nice.  Vicki 

Hi Vicki, thanks for the feedback! Yes, I have heard similar voices. The scenario is usually a pair of voices. The first says something like 'Talk to David' or 'Talk to him', the second responds in some form. My impression is that the first speaker is a coach or director and giving the Que to speak. Some of the chatter indicates some Spirits are having to 'learn' to speak, I guess this would make sense. Here is an example from today, not as clear as the other though.

"Talk to him...I love you Davie"

Dave

Attachment: 042707talktohimiloveyoudavie.mp3 (Downloaded 1248 times)

Posted: Apr 27th, 2007 10:49 AM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Dave,

That sounds pretty clear to me.  Interesting and good results you are getting with this.  It's cheap, simple and it works--that's my type of set up!  I've often heard the back and forth talk too, either of two or more seemingly equals, or of one entity directing others.  I remember one where a very robotic sounding voice said to stop a lot of chatter, "That is the end.":)  Vicki

Posted: Apr 27th, 2007 11:08 AM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
EVPDave

Vicki Talbott wrote: Hi Dave,

That sounds pretty clear to me.  Interesting and good results you are getting with this.  It's cheap, simple and it works--that's my type of set up!  I've often heard the back and forth talk too, either of two or more seemingly equals, or of one entity directing others.  I remember one where a very robotic sounding voice said to stop a lot of chatter, "That is the end.":)  Vicki

Hi Again Vicki, yes, I marvel at the simplicity of this. The level setting is a bit touchy, very easy to overdrive the heater :). This simple set-up has forced me to rethink EM theory as it was taught to me in College (think way outside the box). I'm thinking there also should be a way to replicate the performance in a smaller, more portable configuration. It's too bad these heaters are not available new, most are now some kind of plastic exterior.

Dave

Posted: May 15th, 2007 03:24 AM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
EVPDave

This was one of the earlier captures using this contact microphone/AM sweep method. It was interactive although I did not hear the response till I played back the session.

Dave (NOT EVP): 'Please test with us, thank you'
Response : "I teach people to talk"

Dave

Attachment: 041407iteachpeopletotalk (4).mp3 (Downloaded 1257 times)

Posted: May 16th, 2007 09:20 AM
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Dave,

The voice sounds really clear, but I can't quite make out the words on this one, although others of yours have definitely been Class A!  Vicki:)

Posted: Nov 28th, 2010 07:29 AM
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
clockdryve

I don't think these "induction pickup" microphones are still available at Radio Shack. Do you know where else these can be had?? I know this is an old post (radio shack induction microphone search at google brought me back here) :)

Posted: Nov 28th, 2010 07:58 AM
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
EVPDave

clockdryve wrote: I don't think these "induction pickup" microphones are still available at Radio Shack. Do you know where else these can be had?? I know this is an old post (radio shack induction microphone search at google brought me back here) :)

Still available, part number is 44-533 around $8.00 at most Radio Shack stores.

Posted: Nov 28th, 2010 08:25 PM
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
clockdryve

Very good. Thank you.

Posted: Nov 29th, 2010 08:07 AM
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Vicki Talbott

Thanks for this updated information. I was not aware that a simple Google search could lead to our threads here.

Posted: Nov 29th, 2010 09:56 AM
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
EVPDave

Vicki Talbott wrote: Thanks for this updated information. I was not aware that a simple Google search could lead to our threads here.

Hi Vicki,

Yes, this is a very public board and scanned by all the search engines :).

Dave

Posted: Nov 30th, 2010 11:21 AM
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
drrh

That's cool EVPDave! How do you guys come up with some of this stuff?  I think instead of Watson it sounds like Brian or Jackson.

Debbie:biggrin:

Posted: Nov 30th, 2010 11:23 AM
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
drrh

Dave I hear the Houdini one as you have posted it.

Posted: Nov 30th, 2010 11:26 AM
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
drrh

Awww I like the "I love you Davie".

Posted: Nov 30th, 2010 11:29 AM
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
drrh

EVPDave wrote: This was one of the earlier captures using this contact microphone/AM sweep method. It was interactive although I did not hear the response till I played back the session.

Dave (NOT EVP): 'Please test with us, thank you'
Response : "I teach people to talk"

Dave

That one sounds like Debbie Caruso to me. Alot!  What does everybody think?

Debbie

I mean really sounds like her!  Do you think so Vicki?

Last edited on Nov 30th, 2010 11:31 AM by drrh

Posted: Dec 5th, 2010 01:37 PM
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
clockdryve

Vicki, How will I know if I have set "ignore member" on this forum? I had connected my cell phone to pc to allow usb charge...and I got a popup to allow data connection also. I clicked to shut down the connection wizard, and I think I MIGHT have pushed to many times and my mouse was over that spot (on one of your above posts). I don't know if it just "highlighted" the ignore option or enabled it??

Posted: Dec 5th, 2010 05:22 PM
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
sparks

Hi Dave,|
What a great idea. A question ...
Are the magnets loose in the packet? Im interested in how much vibrational movement space there is between the magnets and the pickup that will allows microphone emf (coil/magnet) generation?
thanks,
JEFF

Posted: Dec 5th, 2010 06:30 PM
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
EVPDave

sparks wrote: Hi Dave,|
What a great idea. A question ...
Are the magnets loose in the packet? Im interested in how much vibrational movement space there is between the magnets and the pickup that will allows microphone emf (coil/magnet) generation?
thanks,
JEFF

Yes, the magnet is inside the bubble package. There is more here then what appears at first. I designed this simple setup so the average person can explore the 'Bloch Wall' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloch_wall

There is also a magnet inside the induction microphone along with a coil. The external packaged magnet sets up a counterforce with the coil about in the center...fun stuff to explore.

Have fun,

Dave

Posted: Dec 7th, 2010 06:59 PM
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
sparks

Hi Dave,

Yes, I will have a go with this.

In regards the Bloch Wall, do you think that the effects occuring are happening in (or due to) that region? Ive read that the magnetic equatorial region is possibly an interface to gravitic or scalar fields. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

regards,

JEFF

Posted: Dec 7th, 2010 08:51 PM
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
EVPDave

sparks wrote: Hi Dave,

Yes, I will have a go with this.

In regards the Bloch Wall, do you think that the effects occurring are happening in (or due to) that region? Ive read that the magnetic equatorial region is possibly an interface to gravitic or scalar fields. Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

regards,

JEFF

Judging by the chatter I have actually heard for a few years now, there is a significance related to the Bloch Wall region. Something about a 'key' for lack of a better term to the "octave". This may or may not be related to communication, perhaps more to do with vibrational energy?

Dave

Attached Image (viewed 1380 times):

akeytooctave.jpg

Posted: Dec 24th, 2010 12:35 PM
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
EVPDave

Since I haven't worked with this method in a few years I thought it was time to try it again. My induction microphone pick-up is broken so I had to improvise. I found I could use a Sonalert module as a sensitive contact microphone. I simply taped the sonalert so the diaphragm rested on the quartz heater control knob.

http://www.mallory-sonalert.com/specifications/SBM428.PDF

For excitation of the heater assembly I used a Radio Shack 'hack' set to AM band sweep.

As with the induction coil magnet set-up level setting is critical, very easy to overdrive.

This first capture I hear mention of "filters", this seems a popular topic..

"We have filters that impressed.....The corps of Engineers"

Attachment: 122210wehavefiltersthatimpressedthecorpsofengineers (2.1).mp3 (Downloaded 788 times)

Posted: Dec 24th, 2010 12:42 PM
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
EVPDave

This capture was really long for a radio sweep. Starts out with a low voice and a name.

"Barnabus....They were expecting a victory?"

Attachment: 122010barnabustheywereexpectingavictor (2.2).mp3 (Downloaded 800 times)

Posted: Dec 24th, 2010 12:45 PM
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
EVPDave

A short message

"Breakthrough ?"

Attachment: 122010breakthrough.mp3 (Downloaded 794 times)

Posted: Dec 29th, 2010 09:35 PM
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
EVPDave

Tonight I replaced the AM radio sweep with a heterodyne sweep. By doing this no broadcast fragments are used. The voices are somewhat muddy but I can be assured of no false positives due to using a radio.

"They agreed your not be injured, think nature"

Attachment: 122910weagreeyournotbeinjuredthinknature.mp3 (Downloaded 705 times)

Posted: Dec 29th, 2010 09:41 PM
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
EVPDave

Some tech chatter from the session. A voice breaks in and gives what sounds like a signal level report. I have heard the terms microvolts & db (decibel) used many times before.  You may hear this different, it is not super distinct.

"Coming up three microvolts running"

Attachment: 122910comingupthreemicrovolts2.mp3 (Downloaded 869 times)

Posted: Dec 30th, 2010 12:17 PM
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
sparks

Hi Dave,
Good clip. Can you elaborate please on what you mean by heterodyne sweep and how you implemented it?
regards,
JEFF

Posted: Dec 30th, 2010 12:57 PM
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
EVPDave

sparks wrote: Hi Dave,
Good clip. Can you elaborate please on what you mean by heterodyne sweep and how you implemented it?
regards,
JEFF

Hi Jeff,

I'm going to attach a file of what I call a 'heterodyne sweep'. This type of sound can be created in many different ways. In my case I am using a frequency selective levelmeter in the calibrate mode and moving the control knob. The idea is to come up with a random pattern of sweeping frequency sounds that do not contain vocalizations or overlap of frequencies.

This 'sound' is then aimed at the contact microphone and sets it to vibrating.

I worked with this method several years ago when radio sweep was picking up steam and then put it to the side when something else distracted me..

Attachment: 123010levelmeterheterodyne.mp3 (Downloaded 954 times)

Posted: Dec 31st, 2010 12:44 PM
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
sparks

Thanks Dave, that clarifies it for me, and thanks for the attached example.
Ive heard of tones being used before in itc devices. Ive recently heard that Bill Chappell uses two sweeping tones in his inductive cross talk device. They sweep fast back and forth in opposite directions from each end of the speech band. Sounds like a slow modem, but as you say, it eliminates the vocal factor from the argument!
JEFF

Posted: Dec 31st, 2010 02:02 PM
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
EVPDave

sparks wrote: Thanks Dave, that clarifies it for me, and thanks for the attached example.
Ive heard of tones being used before in itc devices. Ive recently heard that Bill Chappell uses two sweeping tones in his inductive cross talk device. They sweep fast back and forth in opposite directions from each end of the speech band. Sounds like a slow modem, but as you say, it eliminates the vocal factor from the argument!
JEFF

Your very welcome Jeff. Modem noise would be good to experiment with as well. At this point I prefer not to overlap two sets of generated tones. Some random static may help also, like using a weak radio link. Keeping things at a level that is reproducible by the average researcher is my goal.

Current time is 10:34 PM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > Homemade Contact Microphone Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2268 seconds (28% database + 72% PHP). 37 queries executed.