ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
ITC Bridge > Ask a Question, Give an Answer > The Technical Tower - A panel of forum members > Seeking a recorder with a timer function (can be set to record at a specific time)

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: sparks, mikesndbs, Keith Clark, joecioppi, Jeff, fratka, EVPDave, Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz, Dmaumau, Bruce, ArizonaEvp, takne_007
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Seeking a recorder with a timer function (can be set to record at a specific time)  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Oct 21st, 2011 09:35 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
dkenda

Loads of interesting things happen around 3:00 in the morn around our place...can't conceive of any truly feasible way to accomplish record and shut-off.

Really stumped by this one (waking myself up isn't an option- I've witnessed conversations between my hubby and spirit (speaking out loud)- any movement at all wakes him up, the interaction ceases and he doesn't remember anything)

Kenda

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Oct 21st, 2011 11:32 AM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Spider

Hey Kenda~~

Could you go into a little more detail about this??  I am trying to figure out what you mean......

3:00 am seems to be the special hour for what ever reason, and a lot of people will agree.

So please explain a little bit more!

Posted: Oct 21st, 2011 01:51 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
dkenda

Hi Lisa,

Yeah, I don't know what it is about 3 am but...

Whenever someone in spirit has a 'yen' to talk, they wake me up at 3-3:30 with some kind of bizarre and pronounced 'sound effect' (i.e. falling logs, snapping fingers, clanging singing bowls, etc.).

My husband has a lot of family on the other side. One or the other will visit him periodically (we hear them talking out loud) right around 3.

The latest pattern is my new favorite...Dan works about 45 minutes away and a couple of days last week he got up later than usual, had a second cup of coffee, etc. He, my daughter and I were sitting at the breakfast bar. He glanced at the clock and exclaimed, "Look at the time! I've got to get up earlier. Can't keep doing this!!"

The next morning, he popped out of bed at, you guessed it, 3 o'clock- ready to go! The next morning, 3:30. He seemed fine so I didn't mention it but wondered to myself what the heck was 'going on.' Yesterday morning (after several days of this) I found myself wide awake at 3. He was snoring so I didn't dare move. At 3:15 I heard a woman's voice (from his side of the bed) loudly tell him to "Get up now!!" Sleepy Dan replied, "Uh uh, not yet!" and resumed snoring-

I guess I was shown because I inquired, but I really would like to find a recorder with the capability to start and stop recording on a timer- 3 is such an awkward hour to deal with.

Kenda

Last edited on Oct 21st, 2011 01:53 PM by dkenda

Posted: Oct 21st, 2011 02:23 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Spider

Kind of sounds like you need to take back control of your bedroom!!  Time to have a talk with everyone and ask  that they stop.  It does help, most of the time.

What about setting the alarm at 2:30, set up the recorder at that time and let it go.  I guess it will depend on how long it will record for.  I use an  analog recorder and would use a longer playing tape for this purpose.  Also do you have a video camera that you could set up, and has a timer on it?  The audio of of video recorder is a good source for audio, depending on the type.  But I can almost guarantee they will observe this, and NOT cooperate, just my opinion. 

Posted: Oct 21st, 2011 02:56 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
dkenda

Great suggestions, thank you Lisa!

I did put my foot down at the beginning. They had no concept of need for sleep. For the most part, they aren't too intrusive (with the exception of imminent disasters, etc.)

The camera's a good idea, I see a lot of energy movement around the room some evenings.

As you say, don't know if they'll cooperate- I was just pondering the possibilities...

In the end it means scads more analyzing!:bored:
(wish there were 2 of me)

Kenda

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2011 07:44 AM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

dkenda wrote: Loads of interesting things happen around 3:00 in the morn around our place...can't conceive of any truly feasible way to accomplish record and shut-off.

Howdy,

You could try setting your recorder to  Voice Activated.   This will trigger recording when it picks up a loud enough sound.

Of course if your house is quiet....you might not record anything.    If you have things that make noise....like chiming clocks,  heat / ac system,  then the recorder will turn itself on and pick that up as well.

Other options:

Most audio software will accomplish what you want.   

Goldwave for example has a timer feature.  You would just need to have a microphone plugged into your sound port on the computer and you are good to go.  Check your audio program's documentation to see if it has this feature.

If you need the microphone in another room,  Radio Shack has a 20 foot audio extension cable that you could buy.

Another option....(kind of a hassle)  is to have a cassette tape recorder plugged into a regular electric timer.  The cassette could already have the play button pressed and contain a tape of Pink Noise.....or other noise.

Set your digital recorder to Voice Activated and when the timer kicks the cassette recorder on......the pink noise would trigger the digital recorder to start.....hopefully.

Good Luck,
Ron

Attached Image (viewed 300 times):

boogy.gif

Last edited on Oct 22nd, 2011 07:46 AM by ArizonaEvp

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2011 11:47 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
joecioppi

Dear d,

My friends in Vancouver had just the problem you do with spirits making noise and yelling loudly in their ears to wake them. The door and closet slammed and floors creaked .

Because they had prepared a spirit radio with holy oil cross and st. michaels medal they already had the holy oil to mark doors and windows. Even the fact that they aren't catholic didn't stop the holy oil from blocking spirits from the bedroom.

They are no longer disturbed at night. There are still some sounds coming from the hall but do not wake them.

Joe

Posted: Oct 23rd, 2011 05:23 AM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
mikesndbs

Spirit radio? by the way avoid the Roberts C9950 cassette recorder, it does have all the functions you need but is dreadfully poor quality with lots of amp noise!

Current time is 07:44 AM  
ITC Bridge > Ask a Question, Give an Answer > The Technical Tower - A panel of forum members > Seeking a recorder with a timer function (can be set to record at a specific time) Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2210 seconds (33% database + 67% PHP). 27 queries executed.