ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Tascam Dr100 use for EVP  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Aug 20th, 2011 05:36 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Cryptato

Hi. I have a question for the use of my new tascam dr100 for evp. First I used a Sony ICD-P110 and recorded many fast voices !!! Now that having a Tascam DR100, with best microphones, omnidirectional and unidirectional, but i register few voices, only at start registration and stop registration ( entity have problem with energy with this tascam for recorder ?) and this voice paranormal are strange, are inside a rumor (for example, there is a short file registred with tascam ,with only fast evp voice, at the start of registration with TOC TOC.....). The setting of tascam: mic omni or unidirectional , wav format, 24 bit..... Maybe I should go back to using the Sony that had a frequency range only from 220 - 6800 Hz while the Tascam goes from 20-20000 Hz Maranz How come it is not technically superior recording voices of sony ?
After 450 euro for tascam, I return to my sony ??????

Attachment: evp.wav (Downloaded 961 times)

Last edited on Aug 20th, 2011 05:39 AM by Cryptato

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Aug 20th, 2011 09:49 AM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Spider

I hear things pretty clearly on this recording, it might be worth it, just give it a chance.

Posted: Aug 21st, 2011 01:12 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
RandyJ

I have the DR 07 and love it very clear . It was the best investment I have ever made for doing this . You editing program is also very important I use Goldwave .

Posted: Aug 21st, 2011 02:42 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Cryptato wrote: Hi. I have a question for the use of my new tascam dr100 for evp. First I used a Sony ICD-P110 and recorded many fast voices !!! Now that having a Tascam DR100, with best microphones, omnidirectional and unidirectional, but i register few voices, only at start registration and stop registration ( entity have problem with energy with this tascam for recorder ?) and this voice paranormal are strange, are inside a rumor (for example, there is a short file registred with tascam ,with only fast evp voice, at the start of registration with TOC TOC.....). The setting of tascam: mic omni or unidirectional , wav format, 24 bit..... Maybe I should go back to using the Sony that had a frequency range only from 220 - 6800 Hz while the Tascam goes from 20-20000 Hz Maranz How come it is not technically superior recording voices of sony ?
After 450 euro for tascam, I return to my sony ??????

Ciao,

The Tascam (formerly TEAC) is a solid performer that gives you options you probably have not thought of yet. 

However.............if you wish to replicate the ICD-P110,  you could always adjust your settings to record in MP3 at a low bit rate.......say 32 or 64 kbbs.   Next try adjusting your microphone sensitivity.

Then again......Like the others have said.....stick with the higher quality settings and it should all work itself out in the long run.

Arrivederci,
Ron

Posted: Aug 23rd, 2011 11:20 AM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Cryptato

Thanks Ron !
I change the setting in MP3- 64 kbbs.
I will try then I'll let you know ( now the setting is Wav - 24 bit- 44.000 Khz ).
Ciao

Mario

Posted: Aug 25th, 2011 01:31 PM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
drrh

Hi Mario,  I just took a quick listen and it sounds like "the sinks clogged up" to me! LOL  Having any trouble with the sink?

Debbie:biggrin:

Posted: Aug 25th, 2011 01:42 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Cryptato

Hi Deb, nothing problem with my sink, for now.....:blink:

I think the sony ICD-P110 registers more paranormal voices because it has digital circuits that produce a slight buzz, greater tascam..The tascam has clean adn quite operation, and the entries fail to have sufficient energy to be recorded.

Last edited on Aug 25th, 2011 01:43 PM by Cryptato

Posted: Aug 25th, 2011 05:25 PM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
drrh

You can definately hear voices in there for sure! Great job!

Debbie

Posted: Aug 25th, 2011 05:32 PM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
drrh

I got my headphones out now and it sounds like "Death's when I shall see".  Something like that.  I'm not as used to listening to recorded evp's anymore because I can hear pretty good without anything in noise, fan, AC,  any kind of generated noise.   I love to listen though.

Posted: Aug 26th, 2011 05:56 AM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Cryptato wroteI think the sony ICD-P110 registers more paranormal voices because it has digital circuits that produce a slight buzz, greater tascam..The tascam has clean adn quite operation, and the entries fail to have sufficient energy to be recorded.

Have you tried setting the microphone sensitivity to the highest setting?  The higher the mic sensitivity the higher the internal noise floor gets.

If that does not suit your needs then you will probably have to introduce a noise source to compensate.

Just keep playing with the quality settings.  Hopefully you will find the  "sweet spot"  that will work for you.

Ron

Posted: Aug 26th, 2011 07:12 AM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
drrh

I certainly don't want to rain on anyone's parade but sometimes I think this is made to be more technical than it has to be!   It's not that hard!  At least not for me.  All this building of contraptions and stuff I guess I can't relate to.  I don't think you need all that stuff!!! Really.

Current time is 04:01 PM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > Tascam Dr100 use for EVP Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.5860 seconds (81% database + 19% PHP). 28 queries executed.