ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Lazy-Man's Frank's Box?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Jun 13th, 2011 05:55 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Sparkz

Okay, still waiting on the glue to dry on my hacked Radio Shack digital tuner. And here I sit pondering this site, and others where I was reflecting on some of Frank's designs on his boxes. Being rather new to this particular experience, I have a lingering question based solely on my lack of personal experience thus far:

Would it benefit in any way to rig up an echo chamber using Op amps to drive a speaker, bias an electret mic and mix an operator's mic into a single output? Does it make a difference? Will it be of benefit for operator and the spirit to ease communications?

Just sighting a personal observation in here as well, and please - discuss... Informed and/or anecdotal opinion is needed to help influence which way I fling the coin when I get to tossing it. :D

Does it seem to others as myself that spirit's got a better/easier time of it when there is SOMETHING "analog" for it to influence? Meaning, in the age of digital and emerging technologies and techniques - the old ways of approaching mechanically assisted mediumship seem to just "work"? Frank's box incorporates *little* digital processing beyond a PLL/synthesized tuner, the rest is all analog circuitry. Various spirit boxes and doodads + hoosker doo's (and a few DON'Ts) seem to garner the most attention. Along with devices like the Spiricom, using precision, but still, analog technologies at it's heart. Again, something akin to Frank's design is there, the distance between two antenna's coupled to one another in a Faraday cage - there is that open air, biological, analog taste "in the middle" giving spirit that femptosecond of time to jump in there and blow our minds... Video ITC - sure, you have that really NICE digital HD cam, but what is it doing? Camera output via analog/digital to TV. Image passes through open air space (That analog bit! Open to influence!) to Digital camera pickup, in an infinite loop. Etc. Etc. Etc...

Thoughts? Theories? Cheers-n-jeers? :biggrin:

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Jun 14th, 2011 05:37 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

lol, for your first question I'll reply with your own answer to someone else's - DO IT! lol, sorry, couldn't help myself.

When working with radio and electrical/electromagnetic energy, I have always noticed that spirit is able to influence energy in the form of amplitude, or perhaps analog much easier than digital (for me, am, shortwave has always trumped FM).....but of course, I also believe that if someone works with something long enough....anything is possible...

Keith

Posted: Jun 14th, 2011 06:30 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Sparkz

Indeed - not here 24 hours and I am reminded of taking one's own medicine. ;D I am pretty positive that if my intent with said device is made clear, and crafted with some sense of care and direction, they'll pick up and help me run with it. The physics of FM radio and digital technologies are inherently less prone to outside influence, primarily that is what spurred much of their creation and refinement over the years. I am in agreement with their intrinsic abilities to modulate easily along the lines of amplitude. Hence why multi-tonal sound streams "Spiricom" as an example seem to get intelligible responses. Pink, brown, white noise contains all audible spectra of human perception - their ability to amplify/attenuate the energy levels (volume) of select areas of this spectra lets our heads matrix/psycho-acoustically "tune in" on their intent...

Digital is much harder to influence in this manner, but I feel that as technology progresses, faster, smaller, less energy demanding devices come along, we'll inadvertently sink through the noise floor and into bands of frequencies that are given EASILY to outside influences. But TTL-level voltage switching, CMOS, Etc. w/operational voltages from anywhere between 5 volts down to .8 plus error checking/control inherent in most computers and devices, it will take something wickedly powerful and orders of magnitude more influential to get a transistor to flip a bit on accident.

Nifty bit about Shortwave up to about 80m band is that they propagate a fair bit due to bouncing in band layers in our upper limits of the Earth's atmosphere. This has serious potential, opening quite a wide range of possibilities if there is some sort of spirit < - > living communication we manage to crack. BUT - it has to be in a demonstrable, dead on bollocks *Science*. Alas, belief, intent, and a disembodied voice as to date has yet to sit on the scales in anyone's laboratory. ;D We cannot yet quantify what it is that we do or how we go about it - but we can still sure try to qualify it. Or at least, I will try to.

I am not going to have the materials and the monies assembled anytime soon to pursue my idea, as there is also a bit of acoustical design I want to get out of the way before I start to scavenge, build and conjure. Right now trying to logic my way through "smooth hard walls or baffles w/ wadding?" etc. etc. etc. I am going to try to shoot for a box resonance and dampening factor specifically in the tonal ranges of human speech if I can. And of course, one with no such concern at all, but for portability's sake and see where it gets me.

Boy howdy though, wanna get instant, parasitic gain to make a project pop - you tune it for the frequencies you WANT. :woot:

Edit: I am so picky about one, untyped letter. Details, details...

Last edited on Jun 14th, 2011 06:33 PM by Sparkz

Posted: Oct 18th, 2011 12:53 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
joecioppi

Dear Friends,

An interesting thing about logic gates is that they are actually very high gain amplifiers that are designed to switch very fast when the input threshold is crossed. If the inputs are biased to the threshold voltage they will become sensitive to extremely small changes in voltage.

Logic devices are often used as analog amplifiers and examples of circuits are on the internet and experimenters cookbooks.

logic can be biased to produce robust logic level pulses from low level signals...such as converting baseline instrument noise to random data for computers. This data can in turn be used to drive speech synthesizer circuits.

Joe

Posted: Sep 17th, 2012 09:47 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Sparkz

Indeed, think of "Class D" amplifier designs and the like, perfect examples of what you speak of, Joe! :D

I have constructed a gorgeously portable device out of a throw away computer speaker cube, batting and a plexiglass baffle. It will run for a few hours off of a 9 volt battery. Contained within the "cube" is another 8 Ohm speaker, hotglued to the inside. Opposite is a pickup mic. The plexiglass separates the input speaker and mic pickup from the speaker you listen to. Stuffed with batting it reduced (but did not entirely eliminate) back-feed whining. The other half of the interior is the original speaker and a very simplistic LM741 OpAmp cirtuit to drive a 2n2222 output transistor and the original speaker you listen to. The interior speaker is a very thin profile, plastic diaphragm type that came out of a weather proof radio that long ceased to function. It directly plugs with a pigtail into the headphone jack on the modded Radio Shack 12-587. I ghetto rigged the 9 volt battery to power the OpAmp and output speaker to the outside of the cube with a strip of electrical tape. Inelegant but it works.

Due to the nature of it's construction it zeroes in on what would be the natural frequencies and bandwidth of human speech, musical output is harsh, tinny - with emphasis in midrange. No bass is reproduced other than pops or clicks from interference. It was and remains a happy collision of mistakes and just getting lucky. :D

Current time is 06:35 PM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Frequency Sweep | Radio Sweep Tuning > Lazy-Man's Frank's Box? Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1366 seconds (28% database + 72% PHP). 27 queries executed.