ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
ITC Bridge > Members > Introduce yourself > George Meek - William O'neil location help

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, lance, Keith Clark, Deborah, ArizonaEvp Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
George Meek - William O'neil location help  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
You have chosen to ignore The Aqua View. click Here to view this post

Posted: Apr 1st, 2011 01:59 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
lance

Hello David...
 Sorry I can't help you with  George and William's location... Maybe someone on here knows...
But Hey!! Welcome to the forum...!!!!
Take care, Lance...

Posted: Apr 3rd, 2011 07:20 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

I have never run across that information.

Keith

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Apr 5th, 2011 08:05 AM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

The Aqua View wrote: Hello,

Does anyone know the Pennsylvania town or exact location where William O'Neil and George Meek collaborated on the Spiricom prototypes?

Thank you and I hope to contribute helpful information and new ideas to this forum through my studies and experiments.

Regards,

David

Island Heights, NJ   (Jersey Shore)

Hello Aqua View,

Here ya go:

Hope This Helps,
Ron

(Photo courtesy of audiomedium.com)

Attached Image (viewed 970 times):

O'Neil.jpg

Posted: Apr 5th, 2011 08:50 AM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

My compliments, you are very resourceful!

Keith

Posted: Apr 11th, 2011 09:46 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

The Aqua View wrote:

Ron:

Where on earth - or elsewhere - did that address come from?  ha ha   thank you - just trying to get a feel for the location of that piece of time and history / mystery!

Alrighty Then,

If a feel and flavor is what you're looking for..............here it is.  Keep in mind that I neither subscribe to, endorse or oppose anything contained in the following sites. 

Pictures of the Spiricom:

http://www.audiomedium.com/spiricomstudy/nyd2009.html

Audio / Video Library including pics of O'Neil:

http://www.audiomedium.com/spiricomstudy/mainmenu.html

Assorted theories / opinions:

http://www.audiomedium.com/spiricomstudy/spiricomconspiracy1.html

Podcast from March 12, 2011 of Dr. Stephen Rorke speaking about Spiricom

http://radioamerikanow.com/?p=2014

Mark Macy PDF that contains scans of correspondence with George Meek

http://www.spiritfaces.com/pdfs/my-itc-history.pdf

Happy Hunting,
Ron

Last edited on Apr 11th, 2011 10:06 PM by ArizonaEvp

Posted: Apr 14th, 2011 10:01 AM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the inquiry but as mentioned earlier,  I neither endorse or oppose anything related to spiricom.

I’m retired so I’ve got some extra time to do some data mining to try and help out here and there.

Even though I have no opinion on spiricom I will say that I find it interesting that I haven’t really run across a replica Mark IV.

You can still find most of the main equipment on Ebay.   

For those peeps that have not read the spiricom tech manual….you can find it in PDF format here:

http://www.twelvearound1.com/files/magicoflivingforever.pdf

The bottom of PDF page 34 (spiricom pg 31) begins the description of the Mavk IV.

PDF page 35 shows a block diagram outline of how the system worked.

Below the diagram is the section that describes the system components.  

First up is the HP 608 Signal Generator.  There is a brief overview of specifications.  Important note:  Make a mental note of the last 2 sentences that say another signal generator could be used.

Now go to ebay and do a search for:   HP 608 Signal Generator

As of this writing there are at least 3 units up for grabs as well as technical manuals which would give you full info on capabilities.

Going back to PDF page 36 of the spiricom manual you will see the next the next big ticket item is the Hammarlund SuperPro 600 High Frequency Multiband Receiver.  Say that three times fast.

Back to ebay and this time do a search for:   sp600jx receiver   Be Sure To Check The Box Under The Search Button That Says:    Include Description

As of this writing there are 3 SuperPro’s however two of the auctions end today.

Getting back to the spiricom manual you will see the rest of the items on PDF page 36 are somewhat standard except for the comment about building a tone generator.

Now boys and girls……If you look at PDF page 37 (spiricom pg 34)  you will see the tone generator they built.  

For right now lets focus on  Fig 14  RF Signal Generator and Receiver where you will see a pic of the Mark IV all dressed up and ready to party.

But Wait……….If you look at the pic you will see that the HP 608 is sitting upside down on the floor next to the Mark IV housing.  You can see in the housing that below the SuperPro 600 is a new piece of equipment.

Hmmmm….what is it?   What could it be?!?!?!?

Oh yea….the manual did say that another signal generator could be used.

Now we have to go to the link that shows pictures of the poor spiricom as it sits today:

http://www.audiomedium.com/spiricomstudy/nyd2009.html

Starting at the Top Row…First Picture On The Left ….

The first pic is of the Mark IV cabinet where you can see the SuperPro 600.  (note the empty space in the rack below the SuperPro)

Second Row…Second Picture From The Left….

This Pic shows the back of the SuperPro 600.  If you google Hammarlund SuperPro 600 and then click on Images;  you will find lots of pics that show both the front and back of the SP600 (for comparison purposes)

Second Row…Third Picture From The Left….

OMG;  it’s the mystery piece of equipment seen in Fig 14 of the spiricom manual!!

The picture shows the equipment to be a TS418B/U.  But what is it?

If you read through the behemoth 566 page Military Standardization Handbook MIL-HDBK 172A - Volume I - 11 March 1964…..on PDF page 199 you will see that the TS418B/U is a Signal Generator.

The page also says the 418B/U is also known as the AN/URM-49 Signal Generator.

While the TS418B/U – AN/URM-49 Signal Generator is not presently on ebay,  one might still be able to find it online or perhaps through some sort of military surplus network.

However…….if you are a techie person who wants to go Tron and delve into the inner workings of the 418B/U;  an inexpensive copy of the Technical Manual can be had on ebay for only $10 plus shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TM-11-6625-280-15-SIGNAL-GENERATORS-AN-URM-49-AND-49A-/150589102595?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230fcf5a03

In the listing there are 2 pics you can look at.  One is the front cover of the manual and the other is an illustration from within the manual.

Notice the pic and you will see it is of a 418B/U

If you’re gonna buy it you better hurry….I just might beat you to it.

Now….should you desire to save your $10…. instead of providing a link to the 566 page military equipment manual,  I have Copied and Pasted the TS418B/U – AN/URM-49 Specifications into a single page Word Doc file.

I have posted it below.  

I’m getting hungry for a Scooby Snack so I’ll pick back up in the next post.

Regards,
Shaggy….ooops…I mean Ron

Attachment: TS418BU-URM-49 Specs.doc (Downloaded 1306 times)

Last edited on Apr 14th, 2011 10:06 AM by ArizonaEvp

Posted: Apr 14th, 2011 12:38 PM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Forgot to mention that there are many technical and maintenance manuals available online for the Hammarlund Super Pro 600

A google search will bring up quite a few results including the various versions of the SP600.

As an example you can go here for basic info on both military and civilian versions:

http://www.mines.uidaho.edu/~glowbugs/SP600.html

L8tr,
Ron

Last edited on Apr 14th, 2011 12:46 PM by ArizonaEvp

You have chosen to ignore NYevp. click Here to view this post

Posted: Apr 14th, 2011 09:59 PM
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Duuuuude.......that's just too cool for school!!  There may be an EVP in there. 

Wanna hear it????   I know...dumb question.

What I did was download the podcast and snipped out the portion you refer to at around 9 minutes 3 seconds.

I then filtered fresh copies with Nero Wave Editor and DC7.

I have uploaded the Un-Enhanced version as well as the 2 filtered versions mentioned.

The response is right off the bat at 2.8 to 5 seconds.

As you listen to the entire snippet you can tell the host is a bit confused about the "board op" comment.

Excellent intuition / observation David !!  :thumbup:

Lets start with the Un-Enhanced so y'all can filter it yourselves if you want.

Attachment: RorkeEVP-UnEnhanced.wav (Downloaded 1034 times)

Posted: Apr 14th, 2011 10:01 PM
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Here is the version lightly filtered with Nero wave editor:

Attachment: RorkeEVP-Filtered-NeroWaveEditor.wav (Downloaded 1063 times)

Posted: Apr 14th, 2011 10:04 PM
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

When I heard the Nero filtered version I thought I could hear some type of accent in this possible EVP so I fired up DC7 and filtered a fresh copy.

To me it sounds kinda sorts like a German accent........

What do you think??

Attachment: RorkeEVP-Filtered-DC7.wav (Downloaded 993 times)

Posted: Apr 15th, 2011 01:36 PM
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hi guys,

Speaking of the book:   The Ghost of 29 Megacycles............

If you are ever looking for a book,  you might want to consider using:

http://www.used.addall.com

Their search engine goes through many different sites and list the results in a low to high cost format.

Example:  If you go to Amazon and search for the 29 megacycles book you will see that the cheapest book will run you at least $25

Doing an addall search for the same book and you'll see you can pick one up from Amazon UK with shipping to the US for about $12.50.

Of course,  if you are in the UK then the book will cost you less than 2 GBP.

Just a thought,
Ron

Posted: Apr 16th, 2011 11:16 AM
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Vicki Talbott

Very interesting.  I'm wondering how he could possibly have heard that, being in the midst of his discussion with the host.  The normal human perception process of selection would almost certainly have precluded his catching what sounds like nothing initially, even with decent headphones.  It follows, unless I am missing something here, that one would have to be focused intently and entirely on the short pause between what one has said and the resultant response, which is extremely difficult to do even if one has decided to select for whatever might crop up in that normal response lag in advance. 

Posted: Apr 16th, 2011 09:14 PM
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hello All,

David;  I don’t know Doc Rorke either and to perfectly honest,  I picked the link to that podcast because I couldn’t find the link to this other interview he gave months prior to this.  So in some ways,  it is very fortunate as it allows us to have a different type of conversation as opposed to no comments at all.  In the grand scheme of things I find it funny how things turn out.

I really don’t think it was a planned event on Rorke’s part.  Going back to the section in question,  I re-listened to the run-up and found he had became distracted moments before that pause.

In some ways I should apologize to you and Vicki because I only focused on the pause and not the actual run-up to the event.

I have snipped out a longer version for y’all to hear. 

In the clip you hear Dr. Rorke speak of Audio Rorschach.  He then say the phrase explained by me.

At Time Index  10.5 to 13 seconds;   As Rorke says I Consider Them there is a possible EVP that speaks over him / at the same time.  Rorke hears this and reacts by repeating I Consider Them as one would do if one felt slightly interrupted.

It is after this that he seems to hear someone say his name in the pause which prompts him to responds by saying Yes.

In all fairness….his comment that it might have been the board op could be accurate as shortly after this exchange,  the host announced they would return after a commercial.  Had the host been busy, distracted or whatever,  its possible she didn't hear the board op.

On the other hand,  if people can hear the distraction from the Voice Over EVP at 10 – 13 seconds you might notice it has the characteristics of an EVP.

David,  you mention being at home and hearing a voice only to find nothing.  If it were a paranormal event;  that could be considered Direct Voice.

If Dr. Rorke had a direct voice experience on his end of the phone then its plausible he did hear something. 

Similarly,  if....at his end of the phone....those on the other side happened to manipulate any static that may have been present;  then that could explain why he heard what he thought he did and the host didn’t.

All in all,  since neither of us was there;  all we can ever do is speculate.

So anyways folks,  as before,  here is the Un-Enhanced longer version of the clip.

Attachment: Rorke_EVP_Long_Version_UnEnhanced.wav (Downloaded 968 times)

Posted: Apr 16th, 2011 09:18 PM
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Here is a slightly filtered version of the Voice Over EVP.

I was not trying to strip away Rorke's voice but instead attempted to find a balance that would bring out the EVP a little better.

Whether or not I succeeded is up to you.  The possible EVP is in the center of the clip.

Attachment: Filtered Rorke_Voice_Over_EVP.wav (Downloaded 829 times)

Posted: Apr 17th, 2011 05:14 AM
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Well,  I’m bored with the interview thing so I’ll finish up the spiricom comments I started in my earlier post and then call it a decade with this subject.

Ok………..where did I leave off with the spiricom discussion……oh yea…..

The tone generator.

Going back to the site with the pics of the spiricom;  2nd Row Far Right picture:   

The tone generator is in the lower right corner of the picture.  The Drake speaker is sitting atop the tone generator.  You can compare it to the Fig 13 on PDF page 37 of the spiricom manual.

What with all the new fangled things that have come our way since the days of the Mark IV,  one can use any inexpensive mp3 player or digital recorder to play pre-recorded tones.  If you have or can find CoolEdit Pro 2.x then you too can generate any tone(s) you desire.

If you wanted to keep the Retro look of the Original tone generator seen in the picture,  then just build a box with phony toggle switches and trim pots and put your mp3 player inside.  Or you can build a generator if you know your way around a soldering iron.

Only costs a couple of nickels; as my grandfather used to say.

I can see someone's Mark IVa setting along a living room wall with the antenna’s on either side of the machine sitting on small stands.  Then all that's needed is a surround sound system and they’ll be good to go.

Well David,  that’s about it for me.  I hope you enjoy the forum and the information therein.  Be sure to check out the Dedicated Spiricom thread:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_forum.php?id=30

Moving On,
Ron

Posted: Apr 18th, 2011 07:21 PM
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
Vicki Talbott

Thanks for the extra info and the clips. Makes sense. Since it is clear by his response he did hear his name, I was beginning to think he must be clairaudient.

Posted: Apr 21st, 2011 12:35 PM
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
NKiernan

A down and out schizophrenic ventriloquist living in a burnt out shell of a house, who's in possession of an electro-larynx invents a device ,Spiricom, capable of real-time direct communication with the afterlife. He records this supposed communication, and is paid for doing so, but when  the time came to present his findings to the world, the Spiricom goes silent.  Why you'd have to be a fool not to believe this man.

Attached Image (viewed 905 times):

2011-04-21_120746.jpg

Last edited on Apr 21st, 2011 12:35 PM by NKiernan

Posted: Apr 21st, 2011 06:02 PM
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
NKiernan

Aqua View

The photos and William O'Neil's story can be found on links provided by Arizonaevp.  The commentary is just my opinion.

Neil

Posted: Apr 21st, 2011 06:04 PM
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

The Aqua View wrote: Are those pictures from a book? 

See Post #7 above.....2nd link titled:   Audio / Video Library including pics of O'Neil.

At the other site look for
 :    Photos - Polaroid O'Neil images

Ron

Last edited on Apr 22nd, 2011 04:35 AM by ArizonaEvp

Posted: Apr 22nd, 2011 06:38 AM
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Amazing amount of information here guys, I'm pretty impressed. I'm gonna look at some of this stuff when I'm at home and have a chance.

Please keep in mind that we are not here to judge character, and that is not only strongly discouraged but also in forum rules. When it comes down to it, none of us were there, therefore all of us will develop our own opinions on Spiricom. Attacks on character are not helpful in any way, are not conducive to a positive environment.

The question is: what are we going to do today? How can we further spirit communication for our future?

Keith

You have chosen to ignore harpo103. click Here to view this post

Posted: Apr 11th, 2012 11:50 AM
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hello all,

I feel that perhaps I should mention that I feel the tendency to discourage contacting family members, out of respect for their rights and privacy. I mean, this was over 30 years ago, and none of the people are alive in physical form to either defend or prove their abilities, and I don't think their families should have to.

Everyone finds the Spiricom story both fascinating and confusing. It is filled with lack of information and inconsistency. What I would ask is that people today see if there's something they themselves can learn from what we know about Spiricom, whether you're in total skepticism or believe in the theory.

I know this: it could have been handled much better, rest assured the mistakes made would never be allowed again. Also, concerning the theory of Meek's purpose for Spiricom setup, it is still a feasible application......I know because I've been working with radio for 7 years now. Are tones necessary? No. May tones help? We don't know.Take away the tones and what are you left with?

Radio.

Keith

Current time is 02:56 PM Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
ITC Bridge > Members > Introduce yourself > George Meek - William O'neil location help Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1906 seconds (23% database + 77% PHP). 23 queries executed.