ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
A new diode device I feel happier with  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mar 30th, 2011 07:42 PM
  PM Quote Reply
41st Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

mikesndbs wrote: Yes I can have many work streams so please pass details :-)

Salmon.....yum

I sent you a PM with a link to something you might find worthy of your considerable talents.

Ron

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mar 30th, 2011 07:47 PM
  PM Quote Reply
42nd Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

PM sent to Clockdryve also.    :wink:

Posted: Mar 31st, 2011 05:29 PM
  PM Quote Reply
43rd Post
mikesndbs

Thanks Ron, lots to take in but will have a good look over the weekend :-)

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2011 07:18 AM
  PM Quote Reply
44th Post
mikesndbs

So Jim what do you think about that new device?
Looks like a lot of amplification and a MW radio antenna in there?

Posted: Apr 3rd, 2011 02:32 PM
  PM Quote Reply
45th Post
mikesndbs

Its been put to me today via a medium who brings forward a tech spirit that.
I need to eliminate white noise, avoid interference from man made sources and include a transmitter in my equipment.
This leans towards the Spiricom and the device Ron sent us.
Any thoughts?

Posted: Apr 8th, 2011 09:30 PM
  PM Quote Reply
46th Post
MrZeta

Mike...(!)

First let me say hi...and yeah see my other post - chasin radio waves...

I will probly just stay away from this design - the antenna alone is a problem for me; lol sorry...!

I worked with spiricom abit - it has potential...tones...creating a means for them to move vibrations...sorry some of this is abstract...some of my own talk doesnt even seem to be me!

And I am not claiming to channel but the last years or so since this all started for me I was bursting at the seems at the beginning (!)...

The whole concept is to get away from radio comms...ie other means to audio...like light to audio and discrete component preamp, filter etc, on the low end to amp up the highs (for me anyways)...there are many means for input...light, electromagnetic, elec, mag, noise transduced...they are trying I think too...

We will succeed at this.

MrZeta 

Posted: Apr 9th, 2011 09:53 AM
  PM Quote Reply
47th Post
MrZeta

While I am thinking of it...someone mentioned we need to make a transmitter...well maybe the entities hear us because when we talk our audio mixes with the radio waves in the air - note this is similar to Spiricom useage etc - maybe we ned to make a device that we talk into where they can hear us clearer - possibility - also however more important is how we listen to them.

They seem to use a mixture of sounds available to us (or other electromagnetics) then impress their voices on that - part of the reason for an antenna and noise coming into the receiving device.

An example would be having a water faucet run a little while we record - or tones added in the right configuration etc - this in itself may allow then to hear us while we talk into the noises (or sounds) that we are adding into the recieving device to hear them.

Some thoughts above...

I am trying to build 'transmitter-like' calibration devices for testing the recieving circuits - the front end should be very sensitive, and the amps and filters simple yet, etc...however I think there should be another similar setup next to the actual recieving setup - like a redundant duplicate (just in the amp/filter section) - record both then you have a standard to work with. You dont want extraneous signals coming out of the amp/filters (maybe avoid feedback loops in them - again discrete is the key!).

Also you calibrate the 2 amp/filter sections for signal, noise, s/n ratios, sensitivities etc. I was thinking also of using peltier to cool the front end and front amp/filter sections.

I also note that in building circuits you have to watch for stray capacitances - IE leads close together will cause this and can actually mix RF freqs into the simple circuit - keep leads short and away from each other, or have each connecting component on opposite sides of the board - maybe RF tests could solve any issues here. It may not be a problem - but you never know.

I was thinking going surface mount later as well, but using strips on the board also could induce stray capacitances...maybe just having good RF blocking on the input would prevent this possibility and should interfere with audio to ultrasonic inputs. - notes to self LOL!

So it is good to have dupicate circuits and calibrated as well - I have the test equipment setup more or less and could still check these designs for problems - or you can find simple software to run simulations on them.

Wow I just jumped into the radio collab project - using sounds to display pictures - those were quite amazing - like a delay and 2d time domain to what even looks like a 3d picture of faces - ! That is interesting! Guess I should check that out.

MrZeta

Posted: Apr 9th, 2011 03:07 PM
  PM Quote Reply
48th Post
mikesndbs

what about trying to 'hear' the output of a IR detector diode?

Posted: Apr 9th, 2011 08:37 PM
  PM Quote Reply
49th Post
MrZeta

Hi,

The only limit to trying out things is our imagination - but there are some things that have been tried - not failed necessarily mind you - its like training horses which I happen to have had the last 7 years dont ask me how it just happened - different training methods may only work for some horses (better etc)...

I have read it really matters on who is doing the research - they may work outstanding for you and not for me - it could be the beings involved in the communication process are more attuned to say IR diodes...

Erland Babcock who I was fortunate to have met worked with photodetectors  - he said the response was too slow - so response time is something to watch out for...

Look at the various energies you may be trying to record - I personally am at a low point or starting point and will build most of all these prototypes to gather 'energies' at the same time (say as a basic recording) - its a 'fun' project for me and is the only thing keeping it alive - I like to work with low energy signals (for some reason!).

Believe it or not and most dont know this (I didnt!), is that LED's, the little red ones (and all colored ones), that when you add a resistor to limit current (usually 1-2k), and a voltage they light up right (?); well guess what - they also can recieve light!!

I never knew that so that needs to be looked at - say a whole matrix of 2d or 3d - of course it can get expensive - also photodiodes (ir) pick up heat so that can mess it up, but could could be a cheap temp change detector - add it to a wheatstone bridge and amp to detect small temp changes.

I wish I had the time and energy to build these things - I will soon I just dont know when.

Oh I meant the photocells earlier - Erland said they are to slow - photo(diodes) or the photodetectors are better - he was workin with laser before he passed on and said laser picks up the higher level beings - higher frequency etc.

My brain goes on overload an I have to slow down thinking about all this !

I can add - I am trying to build small signal amps to send out a voice thru these recieve circuits to test their response etc - calibration etc- I need to work on that before I can start recieving! Lots to it!

MrZeta

Last edited on Apr 9th, 2011 08:40 PM by MrZeta

Posted: Apr 10th, 2011 11:27 AM
  PM Quote Reply
50th Post
mikesndbs

I can't understand how ordinary LED's can recieve, do you have any details?

Posted: Apr 10th, 2011 07:28 PM
  PM Quote Reply
51st Post
clockdryve

I have heard of using Diodes as receivers in like Diode "power meters"...where they would use a "Green" diode in the circuit connected to a DC voltage meter... to AIM your "green laser" of questionable power to get power output readings. But I do know the Diode IR transmitters work as receivers too because I have made one and heard voice on it (used in dark because it is quite light sensitive for daytime) *very noisy*. And the Radio Shack variety receives pretty much the complete light spectrum.

Posted: Apr 10th, 2011 09:02 PM
  PM Quote Reply
52nd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

I am very interested in this topic, and have heard of Erland Babcock's work. Any more information for the average person may prove useful in experiments with light.

Keith

Posted: Apr 11th, 2011 02:29 PM
  PM Quote Reply
53rd Post
mikesndbs

Jim, can you post some details of the IR diode you are using so I can see if I can get one over here, also the circuit or are you just replacing the germanium one?

Mike

Posted: Apr 11th, 2011 10:11 PM
  PM Quote Reply
54th Post
MrZeta

Hi Mike,

Well a diode is a diode - an led is a diode - has an anode and cathode - but it is light sensitive - probly in the same spectrum it transmits - around 700nm I forget.

There are many diff kinds of noise too - you could add filters and small transistor amps at the front end - lots of trial and error. I dont know the response time of leds on recieve - one would have to pulse a light wave to find out.

I wanted to work in light as it gets rid of the radio noise (and signals) - no time yet.

Again you just have to experiment!

Oh yeah I guess if it is turned on how can it recieve...maybe forward bias (?) so it doesnt transmit - (I think it is reverse bias for normal light output) - one or the other!

MrZeta

Posted: Apr 12th, 2011 04:52 AM
  PM Quote Reply
55th Post
clockdryve

You reverse the leads for receive. I will find the webpage Mike that shows how to make the IR Diode receiver. Very simple. I suggest trying it in the dark like I have lately because it picks up all light sources. Not just IR...and it makes a lot of noise :)

Posted: Apr 12th, 2011 06:03 AM
  PM Quote Reply
56th Post
clockdryve

Here's the link giving information on the IR Diode.

Very simple to make as it only requires 2 parts and solder.

http://atransc.org/techniques/techniques_optical_microphone2.htm

Posted: Apr 12th, 2011 06:14 AM
  PM Quote Reply
57th Post
clockdryve

I do not use the reflective "foil" or a Kerosene lamp to record with...I just simply turn off the lights and let the EVP put of the "invisible" light that is needed to get the message.

Last edited on Apr 12th, 2011 06:15 AM by clockdryve

Posted: Apr 12th, 2011 06:44 AM
  PM Quote Reply
58th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Yep,

That IR diode mic is short , sweet and to the point without a lot of circuitry getting in the way.

Kinda like this pic of a germanium diode and jack.

P.S...........You guys might want to say hi to Bravo Paranormal.   He does the raudive thing as well.    He has a pic of his mic in his post:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=1422&forum_id=5

CU,
Ron

Attached Image (viewed 659 times):

diode_jack.jpg

Last edited on Apr 12th, 2011 06:45 AM by ArizonaEvp

Posted: Apr 12th, 2011 10:19 AM
  PM Quote Reply
59th Post
clockdryve

Dang Ron, having you around is like carring "google" around in the back pocket...all sorts of information pops up ;) LOL

Posted: Apr 18th, 2011 08:45 AM
  PM Quote Reply
60th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

clockdryve wrote: Dang Ron, having you around is like carring "google" around in the back pocket...all sorts of information pops up ;) LOL

Too funny.....:tt2:

So guys..........are you still up for some more ideas?

Maybe you and Mike need to go see the other Mike:

http://www.ufogeek.com/index2.htm

He has several ideas / variations of the Diode thing.  Just click on the little blue X's  to be taken to the appropriate page.

This Youtube video he did on one device is pretty interesting in it's original concept. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM00wQccJQU

He also shows a schematic and tiny pics of how he did a diode mod to the inside of a digi recorder....but if you think about that;  why bother if you got a diode jack style antenna.

Anyways.............Enjoy.

Ron

Posted: Apr 18th, 2011 12:07 PM
  PM Quote Reply
61st Post
mikesndbs

Hi guys, I have been thinking about this all day and did some experiments this evening!
I was so surprised at the results that I have made a short video so I can share with you all.
Please see my new thread 'LED Spiricom'

Posted: May 6th, 2011 11:04 AM
  PM Quote Reply
62nd Post
Bravo Paranormal

Glad to see someone else trying the baby diode. In mine I packed a resistor and 2 diodes to an antenna. Easier said than done though lol. *tip* use heat shrink tubing

Posted: May 7th, 2011 05:46 AM
  PM Quote Reply
63rd Post
mikesndbs

Have to admit to being very down just now, no success and not sure what to do :-(

Posted: May 7th, 2011 09:37 AM
  PM Quote Reply
64th Post
Bravo Paranormal

What are you lost at? Maybe we can all collectively help.

Posted: May 7th, 2011 12:43 PM
  PM Quote Reply
65th Post
mikesndbs

Hmm that's the thing, am on my own with it most of the time.
I tried Video loop ITC today with some interesting results.
I'll post soon and see if it gets any replies.

Posted: May 9th, 2011 04:26 PM
  PM Quote Reply
66th Post
clockdryve

clockdryve wrote: clockdryve wrote: Here it is without any enhancements. There is the child (or female) at near start of this clip...she speaks 3 or 4 words (possible that it is actually 2 voices), the 2nd a more mature female. There is also 4 high pitched "metalic" sounds in here too.

I haven't come to any conclusions...just something for anyone to work on or suggest.

Here's another one...of course it doesn't prove much yet...

It is a male voice and all I can understand is the first word "nonsense"....

there is more and I might have clipped out some of it. Starts around 51 seconds to 1:01 minute/seconds.

NOTE: This has been run through DENOISER (demo)

Sorry.....never mind people>>>>

I thought it would forward the recording here also, so that I could give the area of my description in my upload to help point out were the word "nonsense" was located...If you want to look back over my previous text with upload of the recording mentioned....the word I hear is around the 1 second mark in MY upload of is recording after running through Denoiser. *But is going to be very difficult if not "impossible" to hear. Just thought I would try and clarify because I had a little bit of trouble myself just now trying to hear it again. It's there...but hidden I guess.

Good Luck to ALL this Spring/Summer :)

Last edited on May 9th, 2011 04:32 PM by clockdryve

Posted: May 10th, 2011 02:57 AM
  PM Quote Reply
67th Post
mikesndbs

Good to hear from you again Jim!

Posted: May 11th, 2011 12:47 PM
  PM Quote Reply
68th Post
clockdryve

Yep, yep :biggrin:

Posted: Jul 7th, 2011 09:40 AM
  PM Quote Reply
69th Post
Bruce

Mike,

I've been working on a Raudive diode circuit and having trouble understanding the need for the antenna.   Measured at the antenna - diode junction, without the 500uH coil connected, I see a signal level of approximately 2-4 mV.  Even using a germanium diode with its 0.3 volt forward voltage reqirement, I don't see any way this low level signal will get through the diode.  As far as I can see the diode only acts as a noise source to the recorder's microphone input.   It looks like the antenna and coil are completely superfuous.

In order for this Raudive diode circuit to work it appears that the EVP signal level would have to jump up above the 0.3 V level.  That ought to make the EVP really loud and clear?

What signal voltage are you seeing on the antenna on your device?

I think the 500uH coil is being used as a high pass filter.   That how you see it?

I've begun experimenting with biasing the diode to about 0.5 volts to that the antenna signal flows through the diode within its conduction zone.  At least this way the 2-4 mV signal gets through.  My next step is to amplify the signal to a level that my digital recorder can reasonably record.

Your thoughts?

Bruce

Posted: Jul 7th, 2011 09:56 AM
  PM Quote Reply
70th Post
mikesndbs

Hi Bruce

My tech findings agree fully with yours.

The issue seems to be that we are not dealing with conventional 'radio' there is no reason for the EVP to work at all!

Interesting idea about biasing, a circuit would be interesting if you have time.

With regards to the antenna, again I agree, maybe more a capacitance is what is required instead, as used in ULF/LF radio?

Its good to hear from you.

Mike

Posted: Jul 7th, 2011 01:04 PM
  PM Quote Reply
71st Post
Bruce

Mike,

The biasing is similar to what you would do for a transistor, a simple voltage divider. (Note: This will not work with the 500 uH coil in the circuit.)

I added a 1.5 volt battery and connected a 15k resistor to the (+) battery lead and a 10k resistor to the (-) battery lead and circuit ground. Then I soldered the two remaining resistor leads together to form a voltage divider. This resistor junction is then soldered to the junction of the antenna - diode input lead. This puts about 0.55 volts through the diode to ground. That is well into the conduction zone of the germanium diode. I sized the resistors to minimize current and provide long battery life.

The slope of the conduction zone current is pretty steep, so that adds a little amplification to the antenna signal.

Bruce

Posted: Jul 7th, 2011 02:34 PM
  PM Quote Reply
72nd Post
mikesndbs

Hmm, what an interesting idea, think I will adapt one of my circuits like this. Thanks

Posted: Jul 8th, 2011 02:00 PM
  PM Quote Reply
73rd Post
sparks

Hi Bruce, Mike,
I just read your posts, and thought Id add my thoughts.

From what Ive read and experimented with, the Raudive diode is essentially meant to be a noise generator to provide raw material for subsequent metamorphosis into EVP inside a recorder or amplifier. The antenna length is I believe, adjusted in length until broadcast stations start to be demodulated (the threshold of diode conduction curve), providing a distorted mush of sorts - this is the desired outcome. The reception of clear loud stations is not desired. In all designs, the inductor is not tuned, so allowing a broadband reception and demodulation.
The later Psychofon was essentially a Raudive diode with a 2 stage rf amp preceeding the diode...
http://www.worlditc.org/c_04_s_bridge_11.htm
I have built this design and it is very broadband in nature, receiving many stations at once, which is the aim I think, and provides a rich mush of audio that has good harmonic content. I have also built a shortwave version that works well too.
The idea to pre-bias the diode would enhance its sensitivity, but within the context of how the device has been traditionally used, this enhancement might not be needed.
The Goniometer was another diode device, but in a ring modulator configuration, so quite a departure from conventional receiver design. It also has literature suggesting it provides a background noise floor that is suitable for metamophosis into EVP.
regards,
JEFF

Posted: Jul 10th, 2011 08:04 AM
  PM Quote Reply
74th Post
Bruce

Mike & Sparks,

I'been testing the germanium diode to better understand the transition from non-conduction to the conduction zone and the result is not what I expected. I found that test signals (sine wave tones from a frequency generator) get thru the diode even at amplitudes of 1-2 mV. My previous understanding would have predicted that a minimum signal level of 0.25 - 0.3 volts would be necessary.

Google searching came up with:

Diode Voltage/Current Curves: Does a Specific "Knee" Voltage really Exist?

at:

http://www.bentongue.com/xtalset/7diodeCv/7diodeCv.html

Graph (3) clearly (?) shows poistive current flow through the germanium diode at 0.0 volts. Graph (4) shows more detail. The slope of these current flow curves is still in the nonlinear (or less linear) region of current flow, but current is flowing.

My testing does not show the same thing for silicon diodes, tiny signals of a 1 - 2 mV don't get through, at all.

The Raudive design may be taking advantage of these tiny current flows within what is supposed to be the cutoff region of the forward bias voltage.

This cutoff region is something else I google searched and I found something interesting about it is the Scole Experiments. At:

http://www.thescoleexperiment.com/s_files_13.htm#fig_04

A spirit discusses the means of transmission of voice messages. He said:

" . . . (in a very simplified manner) the basic principles of the silicon chip, which uses a semi-conductor (silicon in this case but the theory is the same), and talked to us about something referred to as the 'cut-off point. This cut-off point is very interesting, especially in relation to our other experiments.

As this cut-off point is reached, and as I understand it, this can be due to temperature/pressure (remember the germanium is under a certain amount of pressure), the semi-conductor becomes unstable. This instability is then followed by the 'cut-off, or in other words, shuts down. It is, he explained, this instability or fluctuation in direction that provides a 'point of entry'. This reminded us of the fluctuations in the 'energy fields' that cause the 'void' to be formed in the receptor. Perhaps there are 'doorways' involved here, . . ."

This same spirit also stated:
. . . that electromagnetic waves (which include radio waves) are not involved in the reception of these communications. He told us all, not to fall into that trap as they are purely spiritual vibrations or waves that will be using the germanium as a point of entry or focus.

(Note: I suggest reading the whole page for more insight and to see their communicator design)

If the "cutoff" he is describing is the "non-conduction zone" of the germanium diode it might suggest that the best bias voltage is one that brings the diode into its leasst stable conduction region. Not sure what forward voltage that would be. Could be 0.0V, the place in the curve where current flow changes from positive to negative. Could be where current flow is least linear, from Graph (4) that looks like about (-)0.05 V with a current flow of about (-)0.75 uA.

About the coil . . .
It looks like it is being used with the diode to form a high pass filter. Its impedance is a function signal frequency. This impedance is so low at frequencies below about 100kHz that, that part of the antenna signal passes through the coil to ground, never passing thru the diode. As the signal frequency increases the impedance also increases sending more of those frequencies through the diode. The higher the signal frequency the more of the signal goes through the diode.

Maybe that has something to do with what is meant by:

"According to Raudive’s colleagues, the second unit helps you pick up ”higher-frequency voices,”

As referred to in the article in the October 1995 issue of Popular Electronics at:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=1402&forum_id=5&page=2

Still working at understanding how this works . . .

Bruce

Posted: Jul 12th, 2011 09:06 PM
  PM Quote Reply
75th Post
clockdryve

You can take an adapter...like a stereo/mono 1/8th" and plug that into you microphone input and STILL get a voice of EVP if they choose to speak.

(nothing else connected to the adapter--other connection hole showing)

I have done this...so your statement that the diode didn't actually open to retrieve a signal wouldn't surprise me if you were to get a voice capture anyway...

As for white noise -- even without a microphone circuit (like the adapter in place) it's still going to be there because the recorder isn't "clean" I suppose.

Hi Ya Mike :)

Posted: Jul 13th, 2011 04:58 AM
  PM Quote Reply
76th Post
mikesndbs

Hi all :-) still watching and just waiting for free time to get working again :-)

Posted: Nov 7th, 2011 02:36 AM
  PM Quote Reply
77th Post
mikesndbs

Hi Bruce, some stunning work there my friend.
Time for me to look at this again!

Posted: May 4th, 2014 02:47 PM
  PM Quote Reply
78th Post
MrZeta

clockdryve

Here's the link giving information on the IR Diode.

Very simple to make as it only requires 2 parts and solder.

http://atransc.org/techniques/techniques_optical_microphone2.htm

That link has good info on it but the phototransistor response may be slow...response time is one of the tests I will be doing on the various transducers out there; the photoresistor may also be too slow of response time...

Spirit ans Entity communications can come in many varieties and they may only work for some people; here is a picture of them the phototransistor may work better tho:

possibly 'faster' photoTRANSISTOR:

http://octopart.com/276-145-radioshack-7529296

'slow' photoRESISTOR:

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/productdetail.aspx?SKU=70219674&utm_source=octopart&utm_medium=part_sourcing&utm_campaign=octopart

I am trying to get my electronics lab setup and I am doing up a video stream so be sure to visit:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=2204&forum_id=32

Mr Zeta

Current time is 08:22 PM Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2     
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > A new diode device I feel happier with Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1779 seconds (24% database + 76% PHP). 23 queries executed.