ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
A new diode device I feel happier with  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mar 24th, 2011 03:42 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
mikesndbs

Hello everyone.

As some may know I have been working with various Germanium diode based detectors for a little while.

From my own perspective with very limited success.

The circuits both purchased and taken from on-line searches have never felt quite right to me.

The trouble with having a radio background is you tend to get stuck in the mind set of what should and should not work, so I tried to put this to one side and accept that we may not be chasing ‘radio’ signals in this field.

However, it’s grated on my mind all the time.

So today I have adapted a circuit to be both wide open to RF energy and to be functionally more correct.

This new circuit includes capacitors.

These basically are able to store electrical energy and release it.

The idea of the capacitors is to store energy as the AM radio sign wave goes from + peak to – .

Left to right: Antenna, short wire with loop, 1n capacitor, loaded to ground at 100k ohms, Germanium diode, again loaded to earth at 100k ohms, then a 2n2 capacitor (made up with two caps in my circuit)

Finally the whole device is mounted inside a tin and a wire (white) connects earth to the tin providing a screen.

The tin is then sealed with foil.

I have made a test and found it to be very smooth and sensitive.

http://www.box.net/shared/84ypkrz05r

No voices that I can hear but here is a 7min clip to give you an idea of the sound output.

I will start more intensive tests soon and report back.

Regards from sunny Sussex UK

Last edited on Mar 24th, 2011 05:00 AM by mikesndbs

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mar 24th, 2011 02:13 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
clockdryve

There's a voice from 36 to 39 seconds (high piched).
I will see if I can clean it up a bit.

I haven't finished with your upload yet...could be more.

Posted: Mar 24th, 2011 02:21 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
clockdryve

Here it is without any enhancements. There is the child (or female) at near start of this clip...she speaks 3 or 4 words (possible that it is actually 2 voices), the 2nd a more mature female. There is also 4 high pitched "metalic" sounds in here too.

I haven't come to any conclusions...just something for anyone to work on or suggest.

Attachment: signal review.wav (Downloaded 1103 times)

Posted: Mar 24th, 2011 02:42 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
clockdryve

clockdryve wrote: Here it is without any enhancements. There is the child (or female) at near start of this clip...she speaks 3 or 4 words (possible that it is actually 2 voices), the 2nd a more mature female. There is also 4 high pitched "metalic" sounds in here too.

I haven't come to any conclusions...just something for anyone to work on or suggest.

Here's another one...of course it doesn't prove much yet...

It is a male voice and all I can understand is the first word "nonsense"....

there is more and I might have clipped out some of it. Starts around 51 seconds to 1:01 minute/seconds.

NOTE: This has been run through DENOISER (Demo)

Attachment: 51 to 1 minute.wav (Downloaded 1015 times)

Last edited on Mar 24th, 2011 02:44 PM by clockdryve

Posted: Mar 24th, 2011 02:48 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
clockdryve

clockdryve wrote: clockdryve wrote: Here it is without any enhancements. There is the child (or female) at near start of this clip...she speaks 3 or 4 words (possible that it is actually 2 voices), the 2nd a more mature female. There is also 4 high pitched "metalic" sounds in here too.

Here's another one...of course it doesn't prove much yet...

It is a male voice and all I can understand is the first word "nonsense"....

there is more and I might have clipped out some of it. Starts around 51 seconds to 1:01 minute/seconds.

NOTE: This has been run through DENOISER (Demo)

Here is the "nonsense" looped without ANY enhancements. As is...original (looped)

*This can be found in you full length original, right after the little bump sound (near 50 seconds)...just right BEFORE 53 second mark (without loop of course).

NOTE:

One thing I do (in audacity mainly....but other to IF I use them)...

Is to adjust the visual "zoom" + or -  until the moving "cursor" travels from Left to Right at a comfortable speed (not to fast or slow)....while listening to the audio. That way I can keep my eyes on the SOUND as it happens. Much easier to pay attention if your eyes arent in such a hurry...or "waiting" on the indicator to catch up with you.

Sounds funny....but try it sometime :)

Attachment: repeat-nonsense.wav (Downloaded 1050 times)

Last edited on Mar 24th, 2011 03:02 PM by clockdryve

Posted: Mar 25th, 2011 01:55 PM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
mikesndbs

Thanks for those, again I don't hear too much.

However, I made a serious attempt today and recorded a 3 min file.

And this time :biggrin: I have something!

http://www.box.net/shared/0r3ggg5jmy

Looped three times followed by the almost raw file.

I hear, 'what are you doing' Filters used are, brick wall, then continuous noise then just a bit of lift. DC 7.

I have the rest of the file to check yet but wanted to get this out quick!

Posted: Mar 25th, 2011 02:52 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
mikesndbs

Here is the 3min file with some noise filtering.
http://www.box.net/shared/ndayjvoqn0
Too tired to work anymore on it.

Posted: Mar 26th, 2011 07:38 AM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
mikesndbs

So, um have I got it wrong?

Posted: Mar 27th, 2011 07:41 AM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
mikesndbs

What do you think would be the result of adding the quartz coil back to this circuit at the junction of the first cap and diode?

Posted: Mar 27th, 2011 01:43 PM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
mikesndbs

:-( I am feeling really paranoid at the lack of replies!
Have you all heard something bad in the clip?
All I can hear is the question.

Posted: Mar 27th, 2011 08:20 PM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
clockdryve

They are not able to hear anything most likely is reason for no reply. There is a lot of help when they can hear something (usually) but nothing otherwise. So feelings of some people don't get hurt apparently...never know when someone will get the wrong feelings because of a word...is not the same as a face to face :) I don't remember what you were doing with the crystals....but my thoughts on "crystals" are that they are usful when "cut" to a certain frequency like used in radio (thin quartz). But just a STONE I don't know...Many trust them though. I can understand that they DO have piezo effects. And even large crops of quartz can transmit. I was not able to hear anything in your file that is looped 3 times...but there are certain frequencies that I am unable to or not as well...able to hear. I will listen to your longer 3 minute recording in Audacity now. I listened from download first...and maybe heard a few places. Will let you know if I found something.

Last edited on Mar 27th, 2011 08:22 PM by clockdryve

Posted: Mar 27th, 2011 08:31 PM
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
clockdryve

mikesndbs wrote: Thanks for those, again I don't hear too much.

However, I made a serious attempt today and recorded a 3 min file.

And this time :biggrin: I have something!

http://www.box.net/shared/0r3ggg5jmy

Looped three times followed by the almost raw file.

I hear, 'what are you doing' Filters used are, brick wall, then continuous noise then just a bit of lift. DC 7.

I have the rest of the file to check yet but wanted to get this out quick!

I can't hear it. Is it a high or low voice?

There is a certain "layer" between the white noise that I have a very hard time hearing...only way I can describe it is that it seems to be floating up high and is like out of sync with the white noise....  ??? If I find again one of these "floating" voices I will upload at a later time. I have a few but don't remember what they said now-so that will hinder searching for it.

Posted: Mar 27th, 2011 09:13 PM
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
clockdryve

Here is something I find in your longer clip of 3 minutes.

It sounds to me like a little girl (or young girl) is saying "los lebus leberstein", now I could have that all misspelled and not even the right words...but is simular to what I hear. The voice is really weak. I've used highpass filter only. Might not hear this...or try amplification....??

Attachment: 2min12seconds-to-2min17seconds-highvoice.wav (Downloaded 1071 times)

Posted: Mar 27th, 2011 09:22 PM
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
clockdryve

clockdryve wrote: Here is something I find in your longer clip of 3 minutes.

It sounds to me like a little girl (or young girl) is saying "los lebus leberstein", now I could have that all misspelled and not even the right words...but is simular to what I hear. The voice is really weak. I've used highpass filter only. Might not hear this...or try amplification....??

There is actually another word about 1 second before the area of the first clip I uploaded. It is of the same voice and apparently part of the same sentence.

Clip has only be enhanced with highpass filter....maybe you can hear. ??

Please try to enhance this in someway with your equipment or software...there IS a voice in here. 

Attachment: liberstein-more.wav (Downloaded 1046 times)

Last edited on Mar 27th, 2011 09:24 PM by clockdryve

Posted: Mar 27th, 2011 09:28 PM
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
clockdryve

Here's the voice as is.

No enhancements. Maybe best for your "Brick Wall" or something. Electronic noise suppresor..DSP. Or software enhancements.

Attachment: PURE.wav (Downloaded 970 times)

Posted: Mar 27th, 2011 10:20 PM
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
clockdryve

One thing I forgot to mention I think...Have you tried recording a few times (I do ALL the time) by using the lowest BIT RATE possible for your recorder? That has always been suggested by many, for better results. Since it helps bring up the static-hiss (white noise) theory is that the spirit voices come through "better" also.

Posted: Mar 27th, 2011 10:37 PM
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
clockdryve

clockdryve wrote: Here is something I find in your longer clip of 3 minutes.

Here's what I think I have come up with...instead of saying "los lebus leberstein" I think that I NOW hear it as a young girl saying "you must never speak of me". Here is a clip (if you can hear it) where I have looped and amplified. I can only amp it so much before it starts to splatter...but you might be able to add more amplification.

She could of course be saying something totally different. At first I didn't even think she was speaking english. And remember....there IS another word or 2 BEFORE this phrase that I missed in the first upload. I will see if I can hear more. This is a slow process and mistakes do happen :)

NOTE: Had to convert to MP3 so it would fit in attachment.

Attachment: you_must_never_speak_of_me-LOOPED-AMPED-evp.mp3 (Downloaded 1116 times)

Posted: Mar 27th, 2011 10:48 PM
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
clockdryve

Okay...I hear ONE other voice in the PURE file I have uploaded. I can't make out what she is saying (it sounds like meme)*like a name or something* Then I hear the girl that made the longer sentence say "enough". So the COMPLETE that I hear is something like-- 1st voice) "Meme"...2nd voice) "Enough......you must..never...speak..of..me...." There are pauses between the words....as is very common.

Posted: Mar 27th, 2011 11:22 PM
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
clockdryve

clockdryve wrote: Okay...I hear ONE other voice in the PURE file I have uploaded. I can't make out what she is saying (it sounds like meme)*like a name or something* Then I hear the girl that made the longer sentence say "enough". So the COMPLETE that I hear is something like-- 1st voice) "Meme"...2nd voice) "Enough......you must..never...speak..of..me...." There are pauses between the words....as is very common.

One more thing before I pack up for bed. I used DENOISER and found that at the very end of the clip "leberstein-more" there is a "layered" evp voice that says "wait for me". Now remember that the "leberstein-more" is just a different enhancement (little longer) than ALL these from above posts...they are all from the same 5 or 6 second area on your original. *los lebus leberstein...ended up NOT being what was said.

NOTE: CLR at the end of the file name is what is added automatically to the name of the file when you use DENOISER (unless you change it).

*In about the middle of this recording I "THINK" I can hear a boy saying something like "walk off and leave you"...but this whole clip is sorta mangled because of the Denoiser removing alot of sound...and adding the near "whistle" sound effect. The ending is pretty clear though.

Attachment: liberstein-more_CLR.wav (Downloaded 966 times)

Last edited on Mar 27th, 2011 11:23 PM by clockdryve

Posted: Mar 27th, 2011 11:29 PM
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
clockdryve

clockdryve wrote: clockdryve wrote: Okay...I hear ONE other voice in the PURE file I have uploaded. I can't make out what she is saying (it sounds like meme)*like a name or something* Then I hear the girl that made the longer sentence say "enough". So the COMPLETE that I hear is something like-- 1st voice) "Meme"...2nd voice) "Enough......you must..never...speak..of..me...." There are pauses between the words....as is very common.

One more thing before I pack up for bed. I used DENOISER and found that at the very end of the clip "leberstein-more" there is a "layered" evp voice that says "wait for me". Now remember that the "leberstein-more" is just a different enhancement (little longer) than ALL these from above posts...they are all from the same 5 or 6 second area on your original. *los lebus leberstein...ended up NOT being what was said.

NOTE: CLR at the end of the file name is what is added automatically to the name of the file when you use DENOISER (unless you change it).

*In about the middle of this recording I "THINK" I can hear a boy saying something like "walk off and leave you"...but this whole clip is sorta mangled because of the Denoiser removing alot of sound...and adding the near "whistle" sound effect. The ending is pretty clear though.

Looped ending attached to upload

Attachment: wait_for_me-LOOPED-evp.wav (Downloaded 882 times)

Posted: Mar 27th, 2011 11:36 PM
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
clockdryve

clockdryve wrote: clockdryve wrote: clockdryve wrote: Okay...I hear ONE other voice in the PURE file I have uploaded. I can't make out what she is saying (it sounds like meme)*like a name or something* Then I hear the girl that made the longer sentence say "enough". So the COMPLETE that I hear is something like-- 1st voice) "Meme"...2nd voice) "Enough......you must..never...speak..of..me...." There are pauses between the words....as is very common.

Looped ending attached to upload

Now if you really want to get funky...

here is the clip "leberstein-more" after it is REVERSED (nothing more) and about the middle of the clip I hear a little girl saying (same voice as forward) "I can't sing"...then there is a much lower volume (girl voice) saying (I think) "that's okay".

The part "that's okay" could be near IMPOSSIBLE to hear, because I am not certain that is exactly what is said...but it rolls off that way.

Attachment: REVERSED-liberstein-more-I_can't_sing-that's_okay-evp.wav (Downloaded 864 times)

Posted: Mar 28th, 2011 12:05 AM
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
clockdryve

Haha :) The more I listen to it after I LOOPED it...I hear it different

1st voice)) "You can't sing"

2nd voice))  "Shut up" (this voice is more shallow and hollow sounding).

This is from the "reversal" of the file I called "leberstein-more".

I looped it and then had to convert to MP3 to fit the size limit.

Time for me to close down. It's 2:05am

Zzzzzzzz :closedeyes:

Attachment: CLIPPED and LOOPED-you_can't_sing--shut_up-evp.mp3 (Downloaded 835 times)

Posted: Mar 28th, 2011 03:48 AM
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
mikesndbs

Hi wow, a lot to work with there, I can hear most of the clips you sent but not the last three.
I am very surprised you can't hear the 'what are you doing' clip.
I played it to dad over the phone and he could hear it.
It sounds like a male voice.
What I have done here is drag some more noise out of it, see what you make of it now.
http://www.box.net/shared/tzptf2odo1

I'll get to work on the clips you provided as well, thanks :-)

Posted: Mar 28th, 2011 05:53 AM
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
clockdryve

Hmmm,
Still having problems hearing this.
Is the male voice older and kinda "hush" sounding down towards the bottom of the sound, or is he in the louder part of the recording??
Got me here :) But it could be a freq that I can't hear very well............

Last edited on Mar 28th, 2011 05:54 AM by clockdryve

Posted: Mar 28th, 2011 12:25 PM
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
mikesndbs

Hi, its strange this one, my dad can hear it very well but my sister really struggled to hear it!

Got some time off soon and will try some more ideas out.

Cheers and thanks for all your help

Posted: Mar 28th, 2011 09:28 PM
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hello Mike,

First off…that 17Khz frequency you observed in your other posting could be from a couple of different things. 

Your ultrasonic pest repeller in the backyard could be going bad.   Do you recall seeing the 17Khz frequency in the recording you did for your Youtube video?

Someone in your area could have the 17.4Khz Mosquito (Youth Note) ring tone or alarm.

Depending on weather conditions,  there could have been a spike in a radio station.  Desi Radio in Southall is around 16Khz as well as BBC Radio Kent and others,  assuming you live in the London area.

I have no opinion on if you should re-use the crystal coil or not.

I know you have DC7 but what are you using to listen to your clips....laptop or desktop?  Headphones, earbuds or speakers?

Take Care,
Ron

Last edited on Mar 29th, 2011 06:47 AM by ArizonaEvp

Posted: Mar 29th, 2011 06:51 AM
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
mikesndbs

arizonaevp wrote: mikesndbs wrote: :-( I am feeling really paranoid at the lack of replies!
Have you all heard something bad in the clip?
All I can hear is the question.

Hello Mike,

First off…that 17Khz frequency you observed in your other posting could be from a couple of different things. 

Your ultrasonic pest repeller in the backyard could be going bad.   Do you recall seeing the 17Khz frequency in the recording you did for your Youtube video?

Someone in your area could have the 17.4Khz Mosquito (Youth Note) ring tone or alarm.

Depending on weather conditions,  there could have been a spike in a radio station.  Desi Radio in Southall is around 16Khz as well as BBC Radio Kent and others,  assuming you live in the London area.

I have no opinion on if you should re-use the crystal coil or not.

I know you have DC7 but what are you using to listen to your clips....laptop or desktop?  Headphones, earbuds or speakers?

Take Care,
Ron

Hi Ron :biggrin: Benny Hill eh!

OK, the ultrasonic devices were powered off and disconnected.

There are non near by.

I live in Sussex on the south coast of the UK.

I listen via my main computer with hifi speakers and top quality headphones.

Software that is usually involved is:

Goldwave

DC Forensics

Audacity

and of late clear voice, but I find the demo mode annoying.

I tried the coil but was not happy so have removed it.

My current work load is to find out the best diode that I can get and to replace the capacitors with some better quality ones.

Cheers

Mike

Posted: Mar 29th, 2011 08:44 AM
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
clockdryve

The F0-215 Germanium Diode is declared by some Crystal Radio Enthusiast as being the most sensitive...

You can find them here http://peeblesoriginals.com/catalog/27.php

I don't know if they ship international.
I can reship maybe....letter or something.

You might be able to find online though. I only did a quick search last month....with no follow up.

Posted: Mar 29th, 2011 10:26 AM
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
mikesndbs

Thanks for that, I'll check it out :-)

Posted: Mar 29th, 2011 11:04 AM
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
mikesndbs

You know, while I am happier with this device I still feel there is something we are missing!
Wish the other side could give some tips!

Posted: Mar 29th, 2011 11:21 AM
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
clockdryve

Yes, I ask them many times what I can do to help them speak with us more clearly, or maybe I can do so they can hear US better (if there is a problem). And I ask them how they are able to hear us....And I get No Answer. Not even a RUDE remark. But it is odd that sometimes with the same equipment that either a different Spirit will get through as loud or louder than WE or a previous contact will be loud and clear next time.

There are some people that get there answers sometimes though.

I won't quit asking the question for that reason.

Posted: Mar 29th, 2011 12:18 PM
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
mikesndbs

I wonder why they don't answer, not even to say it can't be done or that they don't understand, just giving no answer is odd!

Posted: Mar 29th, 2011 09:58 PM
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

mikesndbs wrote

My current work load is to find out the best diode that I can get and to replace the capacitors with some better quality ones.

Cheers

Mike

If you guys get tired of trying that diode type of circuit,  let me know and I'll point you towards something else if you want.

Oh....by the way Mike.  The can you have your circuit in....what was in that can.  I see in the pic it was packed in Canada.  Just curious.  :)

Ron

Last edited on Mar 29th, 2011 10:02 PM by ArizonaEvp

Posted: Mar 29th, 2011 10:04 PM
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
clockdryve

I'm ready :) Getting out a different pair of headphones right now. A pair of British DLR No.5's to see what they can do.

Posted: Mar 30th, 2011 02:05 AM
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
mikesndbs

arizonaevp wrote: mikesndbs wrote

Cheers

Mike

If you guys get tired of trying that diode type of circuit,  let me know and I'll point you towards something else if you want.

Oh....by the way Mike.  The can you have your circuit in....what was in that can.  I see in the pic it was packed in Canada.  Just curious.  :)

Ron

LOL oh yeah I never even noticed that, it was salmon.

Posted: Mar 30th, 2011 02:05 AM
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
mikesndbs

Yes I can have many work streams so please pass details :-)

Posted: Mar 30th, 2011 01:35 PM
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
drrh

On the 51 -1 minute one, I can hear at the beginning "tell him this morning, tell him I love him,  it seems to help me,  .07/.08 "I'm in heaven".

Debbie

Posted: Mar 30th, 2011 01:38 PM
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
drrh

The clipped and looped one sounds like "we're right here" over and over.

Debbie

Posted: Mar 30th, 2011 02:43 PM
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
clockdryve

Hmm,

While I'm thinking about it...if any of ya'll find the EVP clip online "We're In Heaven George" (spoken by a very old lady) and then "George" says something...Please let me know. I really like that EVP :)

Last edited on Mar 30th, 2011 02:44 PM by clockdryve

Posted: Mar 30th, 2011 04:32 PM
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
mikesndbs

New adaption hoped for the weekend.
I'll be adding a audio matching transformer to the output of the diode radio and removing the 100k resistor at this point.
This should allow the diode to match its high impedance and will physically disconnect the recorders from the diode reducing the chance of pic up.
I'll also add a optional crystal mic to the circuit to simulate the original recording equipment that EVP was discovered on.
Will report as and when.
Debbie, I can't hear what you do but so want to hear!

Cheers

Current time is 07:26 PM Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > A new diode device I feel happier with Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1862 seconds (25% database + 75% PHP). 23 queries executed.