ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
First (possible) success  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Jan 17th, 2011 01:54 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Capa

I've only done about 20 recordings so yes I am a serious newbie to this and I shouldn't expect much yet.  I use WavPad to record directly to my machine (don't have the cash yet for a decent portable digi recorder so it's all happening in my room for now). 

I actually have two snippets that were interesting but the one I am sharing here was the most promising.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated (even the kind telling me that I am loopy and there is nothing special about the clip!). 

I got it down to 10 seconds.  The blurb in question takes place between 6 and 7.  I found it easier to hear if I don't pump the volume up too much.  What I am hearing (with my vivid imagination) is something like 'do you like me'. 

Any comments?

Attachment: 5.mp3 (Downloaded 963 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Jan 19th, 2011 12:11 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
neokortex_simulacrum

If we consider the 20 sessions you mentioned as the rough basis for distinction between a newbie and a "pro", then I must admint I'm a bigger noob, than you could actually be.
:biggrin:
I think mine won't add up to 20, perhaps because i did the sessions outdoor. In the early days i watched some explanatory videos on youtube regarding evp and a guy called Tommy Golden (jee, I remember his name after 3 years!) advised against doing it at you own home. Now don't get worried 'cause I couldn't get a single whisper out of your file. All I could hear some low beats repeating at every second. Was that your clock? Or was the whole sound generated as white noise? Putting aside the beats it sounds very clean.
I opened it in Wavepad and applied only a spectral subtraction filter, which i guess you would do also to hear if there's anything special in it, but to my experience there's none. And also I wouldn't put too much filters (especially automated ones) and listenings into a particular wave-file.

Well, that's it.

Posted: Jan 20th, 2011 11:17 AM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Capa

Thanks for the advice Neo :)  I had my earphones on when I listened, I couldn't hear it through my hifi.  Maybe because of that I ended up actually hearing distortions instead of what was actually happening - nothing.

Posted: Jan 20th, 2011 05:27 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
clockdryve

Keep going at it. It took me about 10 days of going outside (either around the house or around town) and do 3 or 4 sessions of 3 minutes each....till I "finally" got my FIRST :) Well worth it no matter HOW long it takes! Have fun and be safe. Jim H

Posted: Jan 24th, 2011 09:23 AM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
drrh

I can hear the "Do you like me" too.

Debbie

Posted: Feb 2nd, 2011 07:48 AM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Capa

You heard it too Debbie?  So I am not going nuts?  I've had so many people say they didn't hear it.  I had to use earphones to hear it.

Posted: Feb 2nd, 2011 09:46 AM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
drrh

I just got out my trusty earphones for the hell of it and decided to listen to this one again.   So many people tell me that I'm not hearing what I hear, but I know different.  Near the beginning I hear "Hello Joyce here", at .03 "can you hear me", at .06 "Do you like me",  and sort of sounds like the name Raquel, not sure about that part.  Then at .08 I hear "please let me know okay?"   I will listen again another time.  Sometimes they change up for no reason.  You are not crazy!!!  You are hearing something in this clip!

Debbie:biggrin:

Posted: Feb 2nd, 2011 09:49 AM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
drrh

Capa wrote: You heard it too Debbie?  So I am not going nuts?  I've had so many people say they didn't hear it.  I had to use earphones to hear it.

Just because others say they don't hear it doesn't make it so!  Don't give up!  It will get easier over time.  And I think they learn to trust us and speak more clearly too as time goes on.

Debbie

Current time is 10:04 AM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > First (possible) success Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1513 seconds (29% database + 71% PHP). 27 queries executed.