ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
"The Ghost Box"  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mar 21st, 2007 01:46 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Old-Frank

It's still a work in progress, but I got rid of thre PDF version. This is done Word.

Frank

Attachment: The Ghost Box-draft1.doc (Downloaded 3911 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mar 30th, 2007 12:29 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Old-Frank

There is no Franks's Box!! as such. I mean it is not any form of exotic technology. A simpler, and perhaps better method it take a radio with a tuning knob, and tune across the band AM, or FM, and listen/record. Do this with the intention of getting EVP,  it helps to announce you are doing an EVP session, and you should be able to get meaningful, personal messages. Some voices may even appear to follow the tuning across the band.  The rate should be 3 to 5 seconds to cover the band. You don't need any special boxes, or technology, and you certainly don't need some guru to interpret what you get! I think it might be better because touch is involved.

We've had people experimenting on the EVP-ITC group, and getting some stunning voices. There's no way they could be confused for broadcast fragments.

I want to discourage the belief that spirit communication takes exotic crap. It's simple, and it doesn't even need random noise or audio as I had thought. :blink:

Attached is a voice from one of the members using this radio method.

Frank

Attachment: lovethesemessages-wishwecouldalldoit-(M--3-29-07).mp3 (Downloaded 2705 times)

Posted: Mar 30th, 2007 12:49 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Old-Frank

Third try to upload a sweep schematic. This is to tune a voltwage tunable radio, such as the modules found in some older car stereos. I removed the tuing capacitor forma pocket radio, and replaced it with varactors, and this kinda worked with that.

Old Frank

Attachment: SweepThis.doc (Downloaded 1961 times)

Last edited on Mar 30th, 2007 12:53 PM by Old-Frank

Posted: Mar 30th, 2007 12:53 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Old-Frank

A voice from the pocket radio using a POS digital recorder.

Attachment: (DVR)-Number7-CanYouHearMe-ahhWhyYouTestThis--.mp3 (Downloaded 2377 times)

Posted: Mar 30th, 2007 12:54 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Old-Frank

Another voice.

Attachment: SeveralStations-You'lBeGettingCollegues.mp3 (Downloaded 2086 times)

Posted: Mar 30th, 2007 12:56 PM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Old-Frank

And another, as examples of "linear" tuning mode.

Attachment: --NoNoseForHumans--.mp3 (Downloaded 2180 times)

Posted: Mar 30th, 2007 12:58 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Old-Frank

a last voice. These were from the pocket radio, and it was kinda crappy the way I had it set up.

Old Frank

Attachment: Runni'SignalsPlease--YouInTheEarth--HereWeHaveLotsOfPeople-.mp3 (Downloaded 2295 times)

Last edited on Mar 30th, 2007 01:00 PM by Old-Frank

Posted: Mar 30th, 2007 01:03 PM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Old-Frank

The new board, with the linear sweep daughter board added, but not wired in. Made 03/29/07

oldnforgotnfrank

Attached Image (viewed 10625 times):

DaughterBd.jpg

Posted: Mar 30th, 2007 01:40 PM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
fratka

Old and forgotten? Misty and I were just talking about you the other day. The work you are doing is very important. Keep it up old man! :wink: :thumbup:

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2007 12:39 AM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Frank,

Well you certainly seem to be gifted in the area of electronics. Pretty neat stuff. I'll be following it.

Keith

Posted: Apr 4th, 2007 11:46 AM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
lkimberley

Hi Old frank,

I like your attitude. The files are awsome. Maybe I could give it a try even tho I am in Old Mexico, no english station here and I do not speak spanish!!

If I get english...that would be something now wouldn't it? :drool:

Keep up the great work.

Laura

Posted: Apr 9th, 2007 07:20 AM
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Old-Frank

That's even better! It's like another method, "the foregn language method", where you tune in a shortwave broadcast in a foreign language and record with the intention of getting EVP, the result is messages in English.  Charli Claypool of coffeepotghost.com uses web broadcasts for this peurpose.

I just made a board to do this linear sweep mode electronically. I guess there is a "Frank's Box", but I wanted to be clear it's not some kind of exotic technology.

Frank

Attached Image (viewed 10083 times):

Number23.jpg

Posted: Apr 9th, 2007 07:26 AM
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Old-Frank

Updated!?

Attachment: TheGhostBox-draft1a.doc (Downloaded 1957 times)

Posted: May 1st, 2007 07:24 AM
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
dlemaux1

Frank,

I'm toying with the idea of building one of these boxes and wondering how does this triangle wave generator tie in with the white noise generator?  Are these signals mixed before running into the tuner?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted: May 2nd, 2007 07:42 PM
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Old-Frank

At the moment I'd have to say it's a waste of time! Time and again I have posted voices only to have no one able to hear, or understand them, so I can't see where this sytem really works.  I already quit the EVP-ITC yahoo group cuz it's not possible to discuss this stuff, and too discourageing to post voices no one hears. Think I'm about done.

But...the white noise, and linear sweep are different, and seperate systems. They don't tie together, unless you're using a single tuner with both systems, then you'd switch between the two for the tuning voltage.

Posted: May 2nd, 2007 07:44 PM
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
fratka

Frank I had responded to your post on the yahoo group. I could hear your recording perfectly.

Texas Frank

Posted: May 2nd, 2007 09:52 PM
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Misty

ditto Frank S. I hear alot of your files as you do or sometimes extra messages in them. Tho sometimes I have to save all your emails in my inbox til i get time to download and listen (dialup sux) I think what you have done is very important not only for my own work but for many others.

YOU are often the helper on this side whether ya realize it or not =)

<<<puts superglue in old-franks seat>>>

Misty

Posted: May 3rd, 2007 07:03 AM
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Old-Frank

Thanks! I waited, and waited on yahoo, and no response, I figured no one was hearing it, and my own mind created the voices.  I've had this happen over and over on  groups going back since 2000, when I first started this work.  It makes it awkward, cuz I can't talk about what I do, and put up examples when no one wants to say anything, good or bad. I'm never sure if I have entities speaking, or if I'm dellusional. Then there's always someone, usually a new comer to EVP that's going ot tell you how it realy works, and they've never gotten a voice in thier lives!

I realize not everyone can hear this stuff, and it takes some practice to get used to hearing these voices.

Personally, I don't consider the box a wast of time, and I'm still working on a cabinet for #23, I cut the metal for the front panel last night, and I'm thinking about how to finish #22, the one with Linear, Random, and manual sweep modes.  I just hate to recommend it to others, too much heart ache in this field. The voice contacts, absolutely amazing, and no one else can hear it!? :bored:

Old-Frank

Posted: May 3rd, 2007 09:06 AM
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
fratka

Frank,

I know exactly what you mean. This field is thankless a lot of the time but there are more people who learn from what you have posted than people who criticize or don't understand.  Those are the people I keep going for...the ones who have sincere interest. I don't do the linear sweep because it confuses me during the playback (it messes with my hearing). I do direct voice on a static frequency and it seems to be working well for me. The voices are getting clearer and you can tell our spirit friends are modulating the signal and even changing the modulation to make it clearer.

I'm not sure if Misty told you or not but they confused me with you the other day and called me princess. I was like, "thats Frank S's nickname"...LOL.

Anyway, you are not ignored and your work has been very important. I troll a lot of the forums and webpages and your box has sparked more debate in the paranormal investigation community than anything else I have seen (and I have been in it for over a decade). At the very least you have made more people aware of ITC than the pioneers of the 70s, 80s and 90s. At the most you have created more believers and experimenters all from one radio program. Its the ones that you don't hear about that are experimenting in their garages and basements now.

You have provided the world with a piece of real evidence that just about anyone can do. I'm not sure whether you are aware of that or not. People like you, me, and everyone else who practices ITC, accepts the afterlife and our friends in the beyond as truth are the ones with the burden of changing the thoughts of the world. We have a good start and a lot of support on both sides.

You are appreciated Frank

Best Regards,

Frank R.

Posted: May 3rd, 2007 12:00 PM
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Old-Frank

Thanks. I've been warned by other old time researchers to say away from groups, so I'll see how the forums go.

Old Frank

Posted: May 3rd, 2007 04:59 PM
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Old-Frank

I'll try this voice here. Kinda noisy, this is with the linear sweep, on AM, on 4/23/07. It was rainly that day, and I usually have that buzzing noise in between stations here, it comes and goes. 

Old Frank

Attachment: Frank-YourGhostBoxesActuallyGetTheGhost-Talkin'-EQ.mp3 (Downloaded 1930 times)

Posted: May 3rd, 2007 05:57 PM
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Misty

Hey Frank great capture. That ones very clear for me and sounds continuous even tho I hear slight tone changesl...it flows smoothly. The only difference I hear is at very end

Frank The ghost boxes actually get the ghost talking to Frank

I hear your name at the end too as well as the start.

Misty

Posted: May 3rd, 2007 07:22 PM
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Old-Frank

Thanks! That's what I was trying to get across to the other group, that with linear mode, the messages are longer, seem more coherent, and meaningful.  I also forget sometimes that even wiht this stuff, it still might take some practice to hear.

Frank

Posted: May 4th, 2007 05:59 AM
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
fratka

Yeah, I can hear what Misty hears with the added Frank on the end. Great capture!

I was warned of the same thing, pertaining to groups but I know there is a greater potential for contact in a group and the contact field is stronger. I also am aware that there is the potential for damaging relationships within the group too. Then again, isn't that what it is all about...building relationships and resonance between entities. I believe that pertains to both types incarnate and discarnate. I think the risk is justified. The pros definately outweigh the cons. From what I have seen I like your personality, innovation and experienced insight. I would hope that one day you will reconsider joining us, we are all a group of people who accept the existence of the afterlife and these phenomena.

But that is just my opinion, take it for what its worth. :biggrin:

Posted: May 4th, 2007 08:51 AM
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Frank and all,

About groups, I have been a member of a few and am still.  I agree that resonance is important, support and good will towards all in the group as well, and when that is clearly not happening, or when the learning stops, it's time to step back.  I still remain as a member when this happens, but I do not participate where there seems to be competition, ill will, lack of harmony, huge egos, lack of critical discernment, etc.  Here, I feel we are all singing from the same page and it feels very supportive.  Also, as Keith and others have said, there seems to be an upswing in the field of ITC, exciting things are happening, and I can sense that particularly in this group.  Glad to be a member. 

Oh, and by the way, Old Frank, I admire your work in the field--keep it up!  That last clip of yours is a good one!  Vicki

Posted: May 4th, 2007 09:55 AM
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Misty

Yep I agree, sometimes thr groups arent what we want them to be but they do have moments of insight, points of contact, and a link to whats going on around us in the field.

Besides if I never joined a group I never would have met you so if nothing else I am thankful for that.

Misty

Posted: May 4th, 2007 12:36 PM
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
Old-Frank

I forgot about the block diagram.

Attached Image (viewed 10200 times):

Block-Diagram.JPG

Posted: May 4th, 2007 05:15 PM
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Misty and all,

I agree with Misty that if it weren't for the groups I have joined, I would never have met the wonderful support people I now have.  I still maintain contact with many very serious researchers whose groups have gone by the wayside or who have left groups as well as with many who remain members in the most active groups.  It keeps me going.  Thanks to all.  Vicki

Posted: May 9th, 2007 11:59 AM
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
psi_research

Since I have been using Frank's Box, I must state it is probably one of the most effective instruments I currently use for to research voice phenomena. Although Frank will state there are various methods a person can use to obtain their results, such as manual sweep vs. automatic variable tuning, I can report that using auto variable has been working well for me.

I believe Frank's development ranks right up there with the other important ITC pioneers that have worked tirelessly to advance the field. We are getting some amazing responses from the Box, and although Frank mentions he didn't intend it to be a completely active two way device, I can't help but to ask the occasional question. This is especially when the communication recieved is specific to the stated intention or question. I also find it important to open a session with clearly stated intention, and will politely close each session.

Like EVP work, you develop an ear for hearing the voices. Some intuition is involved in my case, and ignoring broadcast messages so ethereal voices can be heard gets easier with continued use. I listen to Frank's recordings, and can hear the messages he does. I also believe when researching the paranormal, it is possible that the researcher becomes a part of the tuning circuit, perhaps psychically.  It is not a new concept that thought energy affects the physical world. The Princeton Univ. EGG project (Global Consciousness) graphically demonstrates that.

Is it possible that random tuning or manual sweep is simply providing the noise needed for the mind connection to manifest into thoughts from beyond that we can hear?  -Bill

You have chosen to ignore Tazmom. click Here to view this post

Posted: May 10th, 2007 09:59 PM
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
psi_research

Geez, the linear sweep does seem more coherent. This one is very clear.

Posted: Jun 8th, 2007 08:44 AM
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
Old-Frank

Thanks for the comment! I've kinda laid up the last few weeks, I crashed my recumbent bike early in May, and just as I was getting over that, I got somekind of virus that took ten day to go away, and I'm still trying to get my strength back.  I'm just now getting back to projects I started a month ago.

What was cool about the bug was the visuals. I could close my eyes and see all kinds of bright vibrant colors and differnt locations that varied from cloud scapes, to deep underwater in dark blues and purples. There was rivers of bright green flowing plants of somekind. Then June 1st the visions started darkening as the virus began to receed. Now it's back to normal dark inner vision.

I did get warnings about May, but had no idea how bad it would be.

Frank

Posted: Jun 8th, 2007 09:43 AM
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
fratka

Wow Frank, what do you think you were seeing?I know what it sounds like but what do you think?

Glad you are feeling better...btw!

Regards,

Frank

Posted: Jun 8th, 2007 09:53 AM
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
psi_research

Frank, Glad to hear you've mended yourself from the bike crash. I hope the bike isn't too tweaked, I know you've worked on it for a while now.

I'm curious about the visions you described as they sound similar to some of the imagery I've been experiencing while using a guided meditation cd I have. Although I have several cd's from different publishers, one from the Monroe Institute that features Mark Macy's voice prompted very unusual (at least for me) visuals of a translucent landscape with vibrant colors pulsing through everything. All of the normal details of the physical world can be seen, but everything appears like a frosted clear material and the individual items (trees, water, bridges, etc.) have different colors flashing and sliding at different speeds. If only there was a way I could record these experiences....

-Bill

Posted: Jun 14th, 2007 11:15 PM
  PM Quote Reply
35th Post
reguiley

Mark Macy has posted two articles I wrote about Frank's Box, concerning the controversy the box has caused in the paranormal investigation community.  The articles are published this month in TAPS Paramagazine.  The pdf can be viewed at http://spiritfaces.com/x200706ParamagArticl.pdf  For those not in ghost work, TAPS is The Paranormal Atlantic Society, members of whom star in The SciFiChannel's  popular Ghost Hunters reality show.

Briefly, at a Ghost Hunters haunted week at The Stanley Hotel in Colorado in March, the 200+ attendees were given demonstrations of the box by Chris Moon.  There were two open mike nights in which lots were drawn for people to come up and ask questions via the box.  Chris interpreted answers, and was assisted by medium Chip Coffey.  Many of the attendees had never heard of the box, and most of them had never seen it in operation, and it caused quite a stir.   Chris also took the box into one of the hotel's more active haunted rooms, as part of the featured ghost investigations.

There were two other boxes present on site for part of the time, owned by Randy Schneider and Bill Murphy.  Fortunately, these boxes were not pressed into service for paranormal tap dancing.  I was especially happy to be able to participate in small group private sessions with both Randy and Bill (and one of which included Mark), which I found far more illuminating.

One article concerns the controversy over the box (for example, should it be used in haunted places to provoke ghosts; can it dial up the dead on demand), and the other is a Q&A interview I did with Frank. 

Personally, I agree with Frank's vision for the box as an ITC tool. 

Rosemary Ellen Guiley

Last edited on Jun 15th, 2007 12:29 PM by reguiley

Posted: Jun 15th, 2007 12:28 AM
  PM Quote Reply
36th Post
psi_research

Hi Rosemary, I enjoyed your article. It's got a great balance of the roots and current state of the art of ITC. You also gently explored some of the controversy that can result when peoples methods are questioned. Nice read and good graphic layout as well. -Bill

Posted: Jun 15th, 2007 07:13 AM
  PM Quote Reply
37th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Rosemary,

Excellent articles, well written and non-inflammatory.  I wonder about the only 30 people said by one entity to be able to be trained to use this box--that sounds like the old only 144,000 getting into heaven notion.  I think Frank was right when he said different people will get different results and not to be so sure that you are talking to the person you think you are.  I believe this is very true with all forms of ITC.  As Mark Macy has said, the Spiricom has never worked like it did back in the day, no matter who puts one together.  As for the entities we speak with, if there are spot on impersonators here on this side, why not there?  Plus, most of the time the voices we get claiming to be so-and-so can be so distorted that we would never know for certain anyway.  Thanks again for the articles--great!  Vicki

Posted: Jun 15th, 2007 08:39 AM
  PM Quote Reply
38th Post
reguiley

Thanks so much for your comments, Bill and Vicki, and Bill, for your input for the articles.  It was a bit of a tightrope putting together the one article on the controversy, because in the wake of The Stanley demonstrations, there were a lot of flared tempers.

I disagree strongly with this "Circle of 30" business, that supposedly there are only 30 people who can use the box.   I do agree with what Mark and other ITC researchers have said all along, that the consciousness and intentions of the individual determine the ability to participate in these transdimensional bridges.  Some people will be able to use the box quite well and others won't -- but maybe they will with other media or interfaces.  We don't have any idea yet how many people will be proficient with the box, because it hasn't gotten into widespread circulation.

It is curious that some of these devices constructed by other than the original creators don't seem to have the same mojo.  Something evidently is imprinted by whoever builds the device.  No two "fingerprints," so to speak, are the same.

Rosemary

Posted: Jun 19th, 2007 12:56 PM
  PM Quote Reply
39th Post
Old-Frank

Hi All;

I think I have the new AM/FM chip figured oput, and working. I've made yet another proto type board for it, combined with all the audio circuits. Here's the schematic, if you use Windows Image and Fax viewer you can see the whole thing, and print it on a single sheet. I also put it in the latest version of "The Gost box"

Old Frank

Attached Image (viewed 11720 times):

Audio-Circuit-061607.jpg

Posted: Jun 19th, 2007 01:00 PM
  PM Quote Reply
40th Post
Old-Frank

The proto type board. I have the schematic in the Ghost Box book, but it's grown to large to post here.

Olden Frank

Attached Image (viewed 11219 times):

Tuner-Audio-Board.jpg

Last edited on Jun 19th, 2007 01:00 PM by Old-Frank

Current time is 09:12 AM Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page    
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > "The Ghost Box" Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2081 seconds (19% database + 81% PHP). 27 queries executed.