ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: lance, Keith Clark, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Online hearing test  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Nov 19th, 2010 08:33 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Vicki Talbott

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Nov 20th, 2010 09:20 AM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
clockdryve

VERY GOOD.....I've been looking for a hearing test like this for awhile. Thank You!! This is nice that it even holds your maximum so you can get the results after you finish. Very Nice!!    :)

Last edited on Nov 20th, 2010 09:23 AM by clockdryve

Posted: Nov 20th, 2010 10:27 AM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
clockdryve

clockdryve wrote: VERY GOOD.....I've been looking for a hearing test like this for awhile. Thank You!! This is nice that it even holds your maximum so you can get the results after you finish. Very Nice!!    :)

Here is what I got using MY headphones. I could actually hear down to -91 at the 16kHz range, but that area of the sound spectrum (upper and lower DB range) sounds like a low "wind" noise to me (like white noise) "static" with the higher frequencies removed. So I don't even consider that area anyway :)

I do have a ceiling fan running overhead. I will try again this evening to see what difference it makes to shut it off...and a full day of listening :)

Attached Image (viewed 430 times):

Hearing_Test_.jpg

Last edited on Nov 20th, 2010 10:37 AM by clockdryve

Posted: Nov 21st, 2010 04:45 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Vicki Talbott

Very cool--I am going to do this too and will let you know. V

You have chosen to ignore XMode. click Here to view this post

Posted: Dec 24th, 2010 10:43 AM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
clockdryve

Very good scores. I had the same challenge with the "clip" sound when file was activated...I only used the scale that showed the actual "tone" when it was available. Nice online hearing test available though :) What headphones did you use? I used a very cheap pair of Numark HF125's that I like for EVP work. Good volume down in the static area (needed), and comfortable for hours of use.

Posted: Sep 22nd, 2014 02:17 AM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Sparkz

This test only proved one thing. I am old. And yep, as expected, my sensitivity to sounds above a certain frequency is like....nil? Perfectly average for the 40 and up crowd. :D

Testing consisted of the following rig:

Dell L702X laptop.
USB -> Headphone amplifier "dongle" -> Sony NC60 cans.
Swapped the cans for Beats Audio in ear buds, retested.
Swapped ear buds for HP brand communication headset, over the ear open style.
Swapped them all out and just listened to the built in 2.1 speakers in laptop - then again over open air shelf speakers.

My hearing cuts off at the same damn frequency every time! >.< Grrrrrr. I'll be deaf as a post come age 60 onward.

I need to borrow me a 9 year old kid from someone and have them check and make sure it's not equipment malfunction. :P

Posted: Sep 22nd, 2014 03:23 PM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Jan

That's an interesting link. Thank you. It provides a rough reference for hearing, but of course doesn't take into account the frequency response of your headphones or sound card.

The sound card for all intense and purposes for this test will be relatively flat, but headphones vary significantly, so a meaningful test will be calibrated against the headphones that will be used.

On a calibrated test I can detect -18dBm at 17.5 kHz, but on this one, with my own headphones (Sennheiser HD400) even 16 kHz inaudible below "0dB" whatever that actually is as it also depends how you have the volume set!

Anyway, useful for comparison.

You young 'uns out there should be able to hear 16 kHz down to at least -24 dB on this scale. (No cheating by turning the volume up!)

Jan

Current time is 11:56 AM  
ITC Bridge > Ask a Question, Give an Answer > Opinions, advice, techniques, software, and methodology > Online hearing test Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1410 seconds (25% database + 75% PHP). 30 queries executed.