ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > Some Thoughts as a Preface to a book on EVP I am writing

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Some Thoughts as a Preface to a book on EVP I am writing  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mar 16th, 2007 06:47 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
robevpau

Interested in your comments and suggestions for improvement

rob

ELECTRONIC VOICE PHENOMENA

Introductory Statement

Empirical Evidence for the Reality of Multidimensional Communication

What gets us into trouble is not what we don’t know - its what we know for sure, that just ain’t so!” Mark Twain

Peter Marshall, the Scottish Presbyterian Minister of “A Man Called Peter” fame, based his ministry in the United States on the following premise,

“Life is a matter of perception, not of proof.”

As an empiricist I need to state at the outset that I always require proof on which to base my perception of reality, but Peter Marshall certainly does makes sense when he states that our perceptions shape our reality.

Often one’s assumptions that serve to form our identity and worldview are accepted without question and without critical challenge.

Many people go from the ‘cradle’ to the ‘grave’ never challenging the thoughts of others or having the courage to question their own assumptions.

No wonder, as Plato said, we live in a world of illusion!

As people of the Western world - we are more likely to be conditioned at an early age to accept as ‘real’ what we only can see and touch around us - and simply dismiss the unseen nature of our existence although I’m sure we all accept the reality and impact of feelings without question, even though they cannot be visibly exhibited in some museum!

This area of ‘cognitive atrophy’ is of major epidemic proportions today as it creates people who hold untested perceptions about life leading to ‘blind unswerving faith in everything unknown’ - or people whose perceptions are always rejected by their ‘adopted mindset’ as being scientifically implausible or bordering on the psychologically dysfunctional !

We either tend to ‘believe everything we understand without cognitive question’ or we ‘reject everything we don’t understand because of mindset rigidity’ .

Many of us in the western world are polarized at one end or the other of this spectrum of cognitive atrophy - and there are not too many people sharing middle ground.

I know I didn’t!

I had life all figured out from a ‘rejectionist’ point of view that allowed no scope for any new thought possibilities even when based upon empirical findings.

I had blind faith without cognitive understanding.

Our life perceptions - even for the sake of our mental wellbeing - must be brought into awareness and must be open to question and challenge as we can not afford to continually render layer-upon-layer of unquestioned ignorance on our mindsets through the impact of multiple unexplored perceptions.

Reality is never a given - it is an ongoing interpretive process involving the constant peeling away of unexplored presuppositions and adopted assumptions about life.

The attitude of ‘knowing nothing’ can be a very good starting place for ‘crowded and untested’ worldviews.

I believe we are born all knowing and real - it is only when we start to articulate our thoughts that we can become delusory - but that is another book!!

And any perception about life must include questioning that supposedly crazy notion that life just may continue beyond the reality of the physical.

And if that is the case - many of us will need to revise our long-held ‘reductionist’ mindsets for the sake of eternal wholeness and personal integration.

I did.

Many of the experiences of this physical life will reap little positive benefit unless reinterpreted from a broader multidimensional life perspective.

And that has been a major turning point in my life experience and understanding.

Sartre was right in stating that the physical life can be viewed as being ‘meaningless and chaotic”

For if we accept the possibility of an afterlife - and life does end on our physical death - we will have no conscious awareness to worry about!

But if life or, indeed, the ‘heart does go on’ - and I will offer solid irrefutable evidence that it does - and we never consider the possibility of an ongoing existence - we may well end up in a state of conscious turmoil and confusion - with little or no cognitive understanding about our new state of being and its resonance.

For - in the end - one’s cognitive acceptance or denial of an afterlife possibility will directly affect the transitionary process of personal consciousness.

The reason for my raising these issues of perception and worldviews is because what I am now going to present to you in this book will not be easily contained within the perceptions and worldviews of many of you who may read it.

Welcome to the world of ITC (Instrumental Trans Communication) and therein contained the world of EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) where many long standing worldviews are going to be challenged beyond belief.

I simply ask that you open your minds to its possibilities and consider its credibility - your heart will then follow.

I ask you ‘suspend belief’ so that the facts may inform you .

Rob Smith

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 2007

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mar 18th, 2007 01:05 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
lance

Well i will be honest here Rob! I really enjoyed reading the intro as it is, it makes me feel i want to turn to the next page and contuine..  so you better get writting:biggrin:

Seriously I wish you all the best of success with the book and i for one will be buying it, when you get it publish, take care, lance.

Posted: Mar 18th, 2007 05:14 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
robevpau

Thanks Lance,

I feel we have to start where most people are - and gently, but surely lead people into a new framework of rationalisation

That's two books I've sold!!

Cheers

rob

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 01:12 PM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > Some Thoughts as a Preface to a book on EVP I am writing Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1359 seconds (25% database + 75% PHP). 26 queries executed.