ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
From Braden RR-DR60  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Feb 9th, 2010 04:17 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Vicki Talbott

Here's a typical RR-DR60 sounding EVP. We were down at the cove where the boys set out in their kayaks in 2001. I was recording for them on the anniversary of their demise in the bay. We hear "We didn't mean (it) to hurt you; we're sorry." Let me know! Vicki

Attachment: covewedidn't meanittohurt you were sorry.wav (Downloaded 1072 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Feb 9th, 2010 05:08 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
clockdryve

I hope you still have the DR60 recorder. I hear some people say that the DR60 isn't all that special....I don't know, for me it is. I can get EVP's better than 80% of the time. They are selling for over $1.5K used on eBay now if you can find one. I payed $140 shipped for a NEW one back in May 2009 got VERY lucky. I held onto it for 2 weeks before I decided to open it. I had thought about putting the unopened package up for resale on eBay for about $300+ (what there were going for at the time) but couldn't just let it out the door without trying it out (I would have NEVER been able to get over it)!! :)  Happy Hunting. Jim H  

Posted: Feb 9th, 2010 10:29 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Vicki Talbott

I agree, clock--I have two DR60s, and one is more productive than the other if you can believe it. I got the first one for 25 bucks in 2004! The second one cost me 175, and I was going to give it to a friend, but I realized she wouldn't use it, so I kept it. Glad I did. Vicki

Posted: Feb 9th, 2010 10:37 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Jim, Here are Braden's friends speaking in their Sony voices. I ask if they can say "hi" to Braden since I knew he wasn't there. I hear: "I'm sorry, we don't have a pen." Then the other guy says "Very funny." ICD B26, raw. Notice the difference between this one and the DR60. This is such a funny one. Vicki

Attachment: I_m_sorry we dont have a pen very funny.mp3 (Downloaded 1081 times)

Posted: Feb 10th, 2010 04:48 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
clockdryve

There was a guy on eBay selling a DR60 about a month ago. His selling pitch was that he had one of the EARLIER DR60's that wasn't "changed" by Panasonic due to the voices of "others" that people were complaining about....he said that the one he had was of the earlier serial numbers and that is how you can tell if you have one of the BETTER ones according to him. Mine was an earlier serial number than his....but if in the area of FD8HBXXXXX (last 5 numbers dont matter) those were supposed to be bettter models. Well I never heard of Panasonic changing anything during the production...I heard that they just stopped making the DR60 and put out the RR-QR80 in it's place to stop the "extra" voices from being recorded so easily. **You might look to see if the first numbers and letters match your BETTER one, maybe there is some truth and the recorder that works LESS might be AFTER these serial production?? Let me know would you? It's possible that you just have a "better" vibe (?) with the recorder that works better and with the added cofidence you are a more serious "magnet" for the spirits while using it. So if you have time and can show me the first 5 numbers-letters might shine some light. Thanks Vicki...for your post. Jim H

Posted: Feb 10th, 2010 04:54 PM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
clockdryve

Vicki Talbott wrote: Hi Jim, Here are Braden's friends speaking in their Sony voices. I ask if they can say "hi" to Braden since I knew he wasn't there. I hear: "I'm sorry, we don't have a pen." Then the other guy says "Very funny." ICD B26, raw. Notice the difference between this one and the DR60. This is such a funny one. Vicki
WOW, that's a good one.....9 words too. That's got to be a record!! :) Nice to hear some humor from them. LOL first time I heard something like that. I need to "save" that one if you don't mind. * I'll be sure and always give you credit. Thanks!!

Posted: Feb 10th, 2010 05:03 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hey Jim, I will check my DR-60's and let you know about their numbers and quality of communication. Yes, Braden and friends always like to be funny when they can. I have some really funny ones. It warms my heart to know their personalities do not change. I always look forward to the fun in EVP and I seem to get it more often than not. Of course you can share anything I post--that is what I post them for. Braden et al want us to know we don't die and we can be humorous at the same time! Vicki:)

Posted: Feb 10th, 2010 05:14 PM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
clockdryve

Thank you Vicki. I saved that one into a folder with your name on it. I can't wait till it warms up here in Iowa, so I can go out and get more new EVP's. It's just been to cold here. I know I can just get some at the house at anytime (I've recorded a few times here) because many of the spirits follow us around, but I just like getting out and seeing new places :)  I might need to pop off a few sessions in the house though so they don't get to thinking I forgot about them :) But they should be able to hear me and know why I've not been there even without my recorder (lucky them).  Alright, I need to step out for awhile and get a cold Soda :biggrin: Take Care. Jim H

Posted: Feb 10th, 2010 05:50 PM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Vicki Talbott

Have fun stepping out. I have found that in my EVP work, my son and his friends would just as soon have me stay at home than wander about in the dark and cold. At the same time, I got that one on the Sony waiting for my ride early in the morning at the Park 'N Ride down the street from my house.

I have also gotten them following me around at the famous haunted cemetery down the street from me (Bayview). Sometimes I do get those who have crossed over that I don't know at the cemetery--those who care about our loved ones and are buried there and say they know them! My son's body was never found--buried at sea, as they say, and glad for it, but the guy he died with has a huge stone memorial at the cemetery even though he is not there. I thought no way would Braden want a stone in a memorial park where he isn't, so I did not do that for him. What would it say? "Here doesn't lie Braden--he's out there somewhere?"

Actually, he was rather frugal, and I believe that is why he lost his life at sea. Plus, my dad always wanted a sea burial, being a Navy guy, but he never got it. So Braden just quietly took his place. Finally, Braden knew I would not want to ID his body in that condition. He also knew that he would not want to have children and their families come across him on the beach, so he remained hidden under the cold waters, where bodies do not rise.

I will post some cemetery ones soon. Some of them are funny and some of them thank us for fixing their graves. Vicki:blink:

Posted: Feb 10th, 2010 07:00 PM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
clockdryve

Mmmm, That's nice that they thank you for working on their graves. Sorry about your Son. I was in the Navy myself. Stationed in Japan in '85. You say "so he remained hidden under the cold waters, where bodies do not rise". That's sad, and personal to me also. Sorry for your loss.

Posted: Feb 10th, 2010 07:12 PM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Vicki Talbott

Yes, it is sad, but it is true for you and for me. I am sorry for your losses as well. At the same time, I am so glad that Braden left the way he did--how wonderful for a mother who spent her life on the sea. Vicki

You have chosen to ignore parasearcher. click Here to view this post

Posted: Feb 11th, 2010 07:39 PM
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hey Richard, Not sure which EVP you are referring to. The first one is Braden on the RRDR60 and the second is his fellow researchers speaking on the Sony. Thanks! V

Posted: Feb 11th, 2010 07:57 PM
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Vicki Talbott

See my other post on factors which influence interpretation of utterances, both here and from the other side! Keep checking Froogle, etc.--you just might luck out and get a cheap DR60. Thanks, Vicki

Posted: Aug 4th, 2010 12:15 PM
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
drrh

Hi Vicki, I can hear that one like you do!  Very clear. By the way, we know each other from AtransC. 

Debbie Helms:blink:

Posted: Aug 6th, 2010 06:02 AM
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Debbie--Good to see you here!

Posted: Sep 3rd, 2012 06:45 PM
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Joshua Sean

Vicki and Clockdryve, I am sorry for your losses. The EVPs captured of Braden are amazing. I have learned a lot by reading your posts, thank you both!

I am curious if anyone has learned anything new about the DR60 serial number issue since this was originally posted. Of the three DR60s I own, two are FD8GAxxxxx and one is FF9EFxxxxx. The one that is MOST active is FF9EFxxxxx.

Since the first time I pressed the record button on FF9EFxxxxx, I get SCREAMING. The screaming is immediately recognizable over other voices in the white noise. During playback, I can have the volume almost to zero, and the screaming is still loud enough to rattle the plastic housing of the recorder. On occasion, the communication will attempt to answer my questions with phrases and words, but 90% of the time, the words are not understandable. This communication will occur anywhere I physically take the recorder in the world. Recently, the communication interrupted EVP sessions at the Whaley House in San Diego, CA. Also, I feel it may be responsible for moving things in my home. I have no A/V evidence to support this, just an instinctual feeling.

My HDD contains countless EVP sessions saved of this communication both screaming and speaking. As I type this posting, I can press the record button on FF9EFxxxxx, record for 10 seconds on any mic sensitivity level, playback the file, and get an intense screaming voice. The communication gets louder and more eager to talk if I start asking questions. More recently, the communication has taken over this “later-edition” DR60, and I no longer receive any other voices other than the screaming and garbled talking. My other two DR60s with the early serial numbers FD8GAxxxxx do not pick up this specific communication.

I uploaded a portion of the EVP session containing the loudest, longest scream recorded of this communication. This occurred on November 11, 2011 during early morning EVP sessions in my home studio. The file is raw and has not been edited in anyway, or altered with equalization, noise reduction, or amplification. The file was transferred from FF9EFxxxxx into Pro Tools and bounced as an .mp3. If you choose to listen to it, please lower your speaker volume. The scream is much louder than my voice.

I have no idea who or what is communicating through FF9EFxxxxx, but I would speculate the serial number associated with the Panasonic RR-DR60 does not play a role in its effectiveness at recording EVP. What is everyone else’s opinion on this?

Attachment: Loud Scream.mp3 (Downloaded 970 times)

Last edited on Sep 3rd, 2012 07:01 PM by Joshua Sean

Joshua

Posted: Sep 3rd, 2012 07:02 PM
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
clockdryve

Hmm....I've heard that "screaming" sound before in one (some) of my recordings (DR60) *Not sure of serial-number right now....

But I THINK that sound happens when your microphone setting is too low, and
recorder is running in the "voice-activated" feature....it happens when it shuts down and starts recording again....

I will find an example I have...or try to make a new one.

But it has happened multiple times to me. Is very LOUD and screeching sound.

Quite startling.

Thanks for the upload....

**I always thought that the Serial Numbers that are mentioned were used by Sellers on eBay just to make THEIR recorder stand out better than some....

Posted: Sep 3rd, 2012 07:32 PM
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hello Joshua,

Welcome to the forum.  I wouldn't mind hearing more examples of the screaming.

I took the liberty of filtering your Loud Scream clip.

What I got from the scream is a female that seems to be saying:   Oh Lord...Let Me Go

Here's the file:

Peace,
Ron

Attachment: Filtered-Loud Scream.mp3 (Downloaded 880 times)

Posted: Sep 3rd, 2012 07:35 PM
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

clockdryve wrote: Hmm....I've heard that "screaming" sound before in one (some) of my recordings (DR60) *Not sure of serial-number right now....

But I THINK that sound happens when your microphone setting is too low, and
recorder is running in the "voice-activated" feature....it happens when it shuts down and starts recording again....

I will find an example I have...or try to make a new one.

But it has happened multiple times to me. Is very LOUD and screeching sound.

Quite startling.

Thanks for the upload....

**I always thought that the Serial Numbers that are mentioned were used by Sellers on eBay just to make THEIR recorder stand out better than some....

Hey Clockdrive.....what's up!!!

Long time eh?

I would also like to hear examples of the sound you mention.

It would be interesting to compare yours and Joshua's clips for both differences as well as continuity.

Take Care,
Ron

Posted: Sep 4th, 2012 12:17 AM
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Joshua Sean

Thank you for checking out the file Clockdryve and ArizonaEvp.

I have uploaded another example of the screaming sound below. In this example, I was testing the waters to see if I was dealing with intelligent communication. I asked for no sounds to be made for 5 seconds, since the screaming communication is always present! I wanted to discover if there was a level of cooperation established between myself and said communication.

Clock, after testing the voice-activation feature more, it does appear these so-called “screaming” sounds could be caused by the voice-activation feature turning on and off. However, these sounds only happen on the FF9EFxxxxx, and not on any of the FD8GAxxxxx models. Turning the microphone sensitivity level down to 1 of 5 on both FD8GAxxxxx recorders does not reproduce the screaming/screeching-type sounds heard on FF9EFxxxxx.

ArizonaEvp, thank you for filtering the file. I can hear the words and syllables you pointed out. You were able to cut out much of the noise that was present in the raw file. It does sound like there is a female voice underneath layers of white noise.

All in all, I can't help but wonder if we are hearing a female EVP or just the hiccup of voice-activation (causing auditory pareidolia). Thank you both again for the information and help.

Attachment: Loud Scream 2.mp3 (Downloaded 737 times)

Last edited on Sep 4th, 2012 01:19 AM by Joshua Sean

Joshua

Posted: Sep 7th, 2012 09:37 AM
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
clockdryve

My Serial Number on this DR60 is FD8HB17584 and it has the "screaming sounds" I still need to look for (or make) a file to upload an example -- Sorry.

I think I will do some recording today...I haven't done any in quite a while.

One thing I ask you to try...(and anyone else)

Take your DR60's and do a little "test" as I have asked this question on eBay and some of the DR60's are a little different...

Go to a very quiet location...closet or something, as long as it is "still" quiet...careful of your breathing sounds, and be SURE your microphone is set to HIGHEST setting (full bars) and turn on recorder...(make a recording).

Now SOME of the DR60's will not record without SOME amount of noise (voice activated feature-full time) but others will continue to record WITHOUT any noise from outside sources...

Also...listen to your DR60's while recording, put the speaker up to (or touching) your ear...you may or may NOT hear a "ticking" or hissing sound....

So there are SOME differences to be had with the DR60 recorders...

Mine records in full silence -- and has the "ticking" I mentioned coming from the speaker...

Would be interesting to see what you come up with while searching the operating characteristics of your multiple serial numbered recorders.

HELLO ArizonaEVP :cool: !!!

Posted: Sep 8th, 2012 06:40 PM
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
clockdryve

Hope it's okay to post an upload here Vicki :-)

This is the recording where I get some of that LOUD screeching sound, kinda like screaming...but sounds the same as Joshua's file.

I used to think (first few times) that these "sounds" and reaction (recorder timer starting and stopping) were from some entity that was misbehaving...until I noticed that my recorder microphone setting was mid way...and not set on FULL Bars were I normally set the recorder at.

**When you change the batteries I think it jumps down to lower setting microphone by default...

You notice me saying "get out"...I was telling this assumed "bad spirit" to GET OUT...and if you listen closely you will her a few EVP's also say "get out" and a few other words..........

***BE REALLY CAREFUL*** when you listen to THIS FILE because it gets LOUD***

I would suggest turning down volume half way till you see where the loud parts are. The EVP's are of lower volume of course (saying-get out) *Female-Voices*

Original file with original volume levels when recorded a little over a year ago.

Attachment: ORIGINAL-Louder Volume Upload To Pc-GET OUT-evp.mp3 (Downloaded 782 times)

Posted: Sep 8th, 2012 06:44 PM
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
clockdryve

I am sorta "mummbly" here because I am in a library study room. It is a glass closed off room about the size of a house hold restroom. Were I used to take laptop and a few recorders to get EVP and try out some of my Raudive Diode Receivers with some success....

Is kinda hard to get used to talking in more then HUSHED tones at a Library :-)

I'm pretty sure the study room blocks sound pretty well though.....

Posted: Sep 14th, 2012 05:26 PM
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
Vicki Talbott

This is what we used to call The Angry Guy in the old AA-EVP Yahoo group. DR-60, didn't seem to matter the make or setting on the recorder at the time of recording. Undocumented, but we noticed a tendency for this type of screaming to lessen as the person continued to use the recorder. Not necessarily angry guys though--I used to get such gruff yelling that did not seem negative at all, where they would then apologize for having yelled. I think I posted one of those here. Will try to find it.

Posted: Sep 14th, 2012 05:46 PM
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Vicki Talbott

DR-60, what I considered at the time to be an attempt at communication and an apology thereafter.

Attachment: scream oops sreamed and I'm sorry.mp3 (Downloaded 696 times)

Posted: Sep 16th, 2012 09:15 PM
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hi Folks,

Been running behind and just now getting around to listening.

Clockdryve:   In your scream oops sreamed and I'm sorry file;  upon filtering,  I hear the scream as:

Tell her I'm shot.....or......Tell her I'm shocked

Hi Vicki.  In your ORIGINAL-Louder Volume Upload To Pc-GET OUT-evp file,  upon filtering,  I hear the predominant scream as:   On Fire

Thanks for sharing.

Take Care,
Ron

Posted: Sep 17th, 2012 11:33 PM
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
Joshua Sean

Clock, the file you uploaded on September 8th sounds all to familiar. The "screaming" sound is identical to what I receive on my FF9EFxxxxx.

After trying your experiment, FD8GAxxxxx #1 has a ticking sound and a very faint beep while recording. FD8GAxxxxx #2 is quiet while recording and inconsistently continues to record without noise from outside sources. FF9EFxxxxx ticks, has a faint beep while recording, and so far is the only one that will consistently continue to record without noise from outside sources.

Lastly, FF9EFxxxxx is still the only DR60 receiving the "screaming" sound at all mic sensitivity levels. Both FD8GAxxxxx DR60s are free and clear of the "screaming" sound at all mic sensitivity levels.

I will test the recorders further to see if my results are consistent.

Joshua

Posted: Sep 18th, 2012 07:22 PM
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
clockdryve

Joshua,

Looks like I forgot to mention another setting...

The Volume control MUST be totally set to FULL volume during record also for the recorder to continue to record during "silent" background recordings....

If I have the volume less than 3/4 (approximately) from full setting, I will get the "scream" sounds...that is with the microphone setting on FULL also (all bars).

These settings are with the way my DR60 reacts typically.

So on your recorder that will not record consistently in a quiet location (with full microphone setting) check to see that the VOLUME control is maximum volume -- if not it MIGHT after using that setting. Sorry for the "partial" information...I forgot this volume setting as it's been awhile since I've used my recorder.

Good Luck with your EVP sessions :-)

Posted: Sep 18th, 2012 07:30 PM
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
clockdryve

Oops,

ArizonaEVP...

The file "Get Out" is mine.

Could you hear the "get out" from the 2 different EVP voices?? Sound female to me.

One sounds almost like a small "group" of voices talking in unison.

Current time is 08:27 PM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > From Braden RR-DR60 Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2188 seconds (30% database + 70% PHP). 29 queries executed.