ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
"And they are here" "And negotiating"  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Aug 24th, 2009 11:06 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
TigerSoul

I recorded this the other day. You first hear me, later on in the clip a deep male voice arrives stating "and they are here" the second part sounds like "and negotiating" but I'm not quite sure about the second part. What do you think?

The file is 100% unmodified and straight from the recorder, just cut out from the entire recording.

Kristian

Attachment: DW_A0151 - cutout - unfiltered.wav (Downloaded 980 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

You have chosen to ignore parasearcher. click Here to view this post

Posted: Aug 27th, 2009 10:57 AM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
TigerSoul

Go ahead and upload a modified version if you wish no problem just make sure to note that it IS modified. ;)

I've also noise reduced it earlier on to more easily be able to make out what it says but I didn't find another meaning when doing so.

Posted: Aug 28th, 2009 01:20 AM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
TigerSoul

Thanks for the sample. I'd say the filter used in this version of the clip slightly alters the voice making it sound abit like what you are saying, though even in it's altered state I'd say it still sounds more like And they are here.

I always refrain from doing too much filtering on clips as they tend to change their meaning and introduce more words out of noise and artifacts. I mostly just use it to get a better view of the voices I already hear. But that's because I'm working from a research point of view. There's no right or wrong.

Posted: Aug 28th, 2009 07:43 AM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
TigerSoul

Oh don't get me wrong, please leave the clip in place for anyone to have an opinion on it, that's just fine! and sure there are researchers that use noise reduction (I was referring sloppy enough to this as filtering) and I do too at times to get a better "picture" of the voice I am listening to. What I was meaning to say is that I stay away from saving clips that need heavy processing to get an idea about what is being said. I use noise reductino and similar primarily as a way of confirming what I hear rather then rendering me more material so to speak.

Most people stick to their first interpretation yes, that's usually the way it is but I try to be open minded. The core in what I was trying to say here is that your processed version of the clip made it sound slightly different which probably affect what we hear. It's this situation that I stay away from, at least concerning research.

Posted: Aug 28th, 2009 10:38 AM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
TigerSoul

interesting, is it a new feature in the beta version? I'm mostly using audition here for my recordings!

Posted: Aug 29th, 2009 02:18 AM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
TigerSoul

very interesting that has got to be tested, REMOVAL not reduction ;)

Current time is 05:35 PM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > "And they are here" "And negotiating" Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1496 seconds (28% database + 72% PHP). 31 queries executed.