View single post by ArizonaEvp
 Posted: Apr 17th, 2011 05:14 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
ArizonaEvp

Well,  I’m bored with the interview thing so I’ll finish up the spiricom comments I started in my earlier post and then call it a decade with this subject.

Ok………..where did I leave off with the spiricom discussion……oh yea…..

The tone generator.

Going back to the site with the pics of the spiricom;  2nd Row Far Right picture:   

The tone generator is in the lower right corner of the picture.  The Drake speaker is sitting atop the tone generator.  You can compare it to the Fig 13 on PDF page 37 of the spiricom manual.

What with all the new fangled things that have come our way since the days of the Mark IV,  one can use any inexpensive mp3 player or digital recorder to play pre-recorded tones.  If you have or can find CoolEdit Pro 2.x then you too can generate any tone(s) you desire.

If you wanted to keep the Retro look of the Original tone generator seen in the picture,  then just build a box with phony toggle switches and trim pots and put your mp3 player inside.  Or you can build a generator if you know your way around a soldering iron.

Only costs a couple of nickels; as my grandfather used to say.

I can see someone's Mark IVa setting along a living room wall with the antenna’s on either side of the machine sitting on small stands.  Then all that's needed is a surround sound system and they’ll be good to go.

Well David,  that’s about it for me.  I hope you enjoy the forum and the information therein.  Be sure to check out the Dedicated Spiricom thread:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_forum.php?id=30

Moving On,
Ron