View single post by MrZeta
 Posted: Apr 9th, 2011 09:53 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
MrZeta

While I am thinking of it...someone mentioned we need to make a transmitter...well maybe the entities hear us because when we talk our audio mixes with the radio waves in the air - note this is similar to Spiricom useage etc - maybe we ned to make a device that we talk into where they can hear us clearer - possibility - also however more important is how we listen to them.

They seem to use a mixture of sounds available to us (or other electromagnetics) then impress their voices on that - part of the reason for an antenna and noise coming into the receiving device.

An example would be having a water faucet run a little while we record - or tones added in the right configuration etc - this in itself may allow then to hear us while we talk into the noises (or sounds) that we are adding into the recieving device to hear them.

Some thoughts above...

I am trying to build 'transmitter-like' calibration devices for testing the recieving circuits - the front end should be very sensitive, and the amps and filters simple yet, etc...however I think there should be another similar setup next to the actual recieving setup - like a redundant duplicate (just in the amp/filter section) - record both then you have a standard to work with. You dont want extraneous signals coming out of the amp/filters (maybe avoid feedback loops in them - again discrete is the key!).

Also you calibrate the 2 amp/filter sections for signal, noise, s/n ratios, sensitivities etc. I was thinking also of using peltier to cool the front end and front amp/filter sections.

I also note that in building circuits you have to watch for stray capacitances - IE leads close together will cause this and can actually mix RF freqs into the simple circuit - keep leads short and away from each other, or have each connecting component on opposite sides of the board - maybe RF tests could solve any issues here. It may not be a problem - but you never know.

I was thinking going surface mount later as well, but using strips on the board also could induce stray capacitances...maybe just having good RF blocking on the input would prevent this possibility and should interfere with audio to ultrasonic inputs. - notes to self LOL!

So it is good to have dupicate circuits and calibrated as well - I have the test equipment setup more or less and could still check these designs for problems - or you can find simple software to run simulations on them.

Wow I just jumped into the radio collab project - using sounds to display pictures - those were quite amazing - like a delay and 2d time domain to what even looks like a 3d picture of faces - ! That is interesting! Guess I should check that out.

MrZeta