View single post by doxholiday
 Posted: Mar 27th, 2011 01:15 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
doxholiday

Hi there,

I felt compelled to register an account and reply after reading your message.

I started researching EVP in 2005 and was eventually running into the exact phenomenon you are describing.

I witnessed .WAV samples 'morphing' in real time - the same file would have a completely different message. I was using Adobe Audition for analyzing as soon as I would open the file before even playing, from the wave form it was often clear *right away* that the message had completely changed.

Needless to say, this completely blew my mind as it seemed to imply direct, real-time manipulation of the actual file on the computer, regardless of previous audio content.

I'm no closer now to understanding this than 6 years ago.  I know this sounds weird, but back then I posited that somehow, some type of 'quantum marker' was added to the message structure that enabled these entities to change it on the fly, so to speak.

After experimenting some more I found that with samples like this that were morphing every time the were played,  I could 'preserve' it if I converted it to an .MP3 file - this seemed to prevent further morphing.

I would like to add that this phenomenon pretty much represented the pinnacle of my personal results during this time.  The quality kept getting better and responses were easier to obtain.  I was using a radio turned to white noise on AM, and a mic attached to the computer.

Shortly after this I discontinued researching completely.  I had definitely received, for me, the positive affirmation that I had originally sought (mainly, is this EVP stuff for real??) :)  That, and the sessions started to include more localized environmental phenomenon which frightened me quite a bit at the time.  Looking back I wish I would have kept going as I really feel like some type of communications gateway had definitely been established.

I really enjoyed your post - at that time I couldn't find anyone else who had experienced the same type of morphing phenomenon.  I've been thinking about getting back into the research, and seeing your post encourages me and brought back a lot of memories.

Thank you