View single post by clockdryve
 Posted: Jan 31st, 2011 04:42 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
clockdryve

Here's another drawing of the same circuit Joe showed you. Only thing I can think of if you built it and having a problem is maybe the diode is in backwards....
But Joe says that it's okay in this circuit and I would believe him because of his past occupation :)

But maybe can just flip it around just to "see what happens" ya never know, you will either pull from the ground or arial -- one may be better.  Also...did you use the proper diode called for in the circuit? Another thing...It is HARD to tell if you captured anything because it's gonna be very quite. You need to have the recorder volume UP very high when you transfer to the computer (until you can hear the static level at least). And you will need to listen real close. It will be so easy to pass over one of these voices using the Raudive Receiver........trust me on those words for sure.

The attachment drawing came out of the 1995 October issue of Popular Electronics

was available for download (4 pages) using Google Web Browser "Google Books". The 4 pages didn't really have anything special in the article...just the circuit only.

Attached Image (viewed 6034 times):

Raudive Diode Receiver Circuit.jpg

Last edited on Jan 31st, 2011 04:44 AM by clockdryve