View single post by Jeff
 Posted: Nov 29th, 2010 06:16 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Jeff

Hi Debbie.

Here's another one that I think you'll enjoy!  Here Doctor Mueller is playing with Bill O' Neil.  Doctor Mueller wants carrots and fried cabbage! :lol:

At the end of the conversation, Bill resolves that perhaps ten years ago, if he told anyone that he was speaking that way with a colleague passed-on, he might be sent to the "funny farm".  Dr. Mueller said Bill "might be right!"

Here is the dialogue:

Bill O'Neil: Yeah, I just turned on the tape recorder, Doctor.

Doc Mueller: Very well, William.

Bill O'Neil: (a bit angrily) You said to hurry back, and I did. That has been exactly one week ago.

Doc Mueller: Ho, ho.

Bill O'Neil: Yes, ho ho yourself. Cold weather has left us, temporarily anyway. It's raining. It's nice and warm. Of course you never know what to expect. I am going to try to put in a little garden this year.

Doc Mueller: Oh, wonderful. (pause) Send me a couple of carrots.

Bill O'Neil: What's that again?

Doc Mueller: A couple of carrots.

Bill O'Neil: Oh, carrots!

Doc Mueller: Yes, William, and a nice head of lettuce.

Bill O'Neil: A nice head of lettuce. I am not going to plant acres, Doctor. What's that? I think you were talking at the same time I was.

Doc Mueller: Well, perhaps. I said if somebody had some cabbage, I like fried cabbage. Oh, I love fried cabbage.

Bill O'Neil: Fried cabbage. Well, I like sauerkraut.

Doc Mueller: Well, you know that sauerkraut can do…?

Bill O'Neil: Yes, I do. You know, Doctor, I never thought I'd see the day when I could, uh, talk to someone like you in the way we are doing, and if ten years ago someone had told me this was possible, I would recommend that they be sent to the 'funny farm.'

Doc Mueller: Well, perhaps you are right.

http://www.worlditc.org/k_06_spiricom_1981spring.mp3