View single post by neokortex_simulacrum
 Posted: Nov 3rd, 2010 11:47 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
neokortex_simulacrum

Calo, whether we don't understand each other correctly or you don't understand the technology behind photography correctly.

I tried out the software "Focus Magic" you linked. The term deconvolution was something new for me but I realized it is the same as "sharpening" or "unsharp mask" which you could have seen in image editor programs such as Paint Shop Pro and ACDSee.

The advertising text around "Focus Magic" states that this "revolutionary deconvolution technology" can bring out more detail of your blurry pictures than other programs like Photoshop. So I downloaded the program and the comparison pics from its website, but try as I might I couldn't make that blurry car plate to be readable. I tried every setting that is possible.
Now let's put it this way: if you were short-sighted why would glasses help you?

I have already read Schreiber's whole technique and cannot recall anything like sharpening which is already doubtful to be used in the age of VHS tapes. To read it go to worlditc.org -> books -> Bridge between the Terrestrial and Beyond by Hildegard Schaefer -> 27.

Last edited on Nov 4th, 2010 02:07 AM by neokortex_simulacrum