View single post by Spider
 Posted: Oct 21st, 2010 04:57 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Spider

I know precisely what Debbie is talking about here.  I have have these still on going instances with being able to hear in real time while there is some sort of external noise going on, and it is not in my head.  This is not a case of apophenia, in no way shape or form.  It was a 'break thru' of sorts for me, as I had been recording for EVP, experimenting with various 'back ground' sounds to help facilitate speech, using fans, running water, wind chimes, and coincidentally, a flusing toilet.  Also, I have a certain vacuum cleaner that I use on the first floor of my home, that produces speech when it is being used to vacuum from carpet to wood floor.  But I will get back to that in a moment.

Recently, I came across some of my old documentation from '06 when I was recording EVP's while flushing this one particular toilet.  It is the old fashioned type of toilet, not a water saving type, but the kind that takes a great deal of water to flush, and also takes a good amount of time for the tank to refill.   I had asked the simple question while doing this flush experiment, I had asked those present to please give me their names.  Upon replay of this recording, it was like I was taking roll call!!  I had 14 different people give their names, one right after the other!!  I was shocked but very excited to have been able to capture this.  On my 'things to do list', now that I found the list of names, is to go look up death records in my county to see if any of these names are on there.  Back to the vacuum experiments.  While I was vacuuming from carpet to floor, I was able to ask questions and get answers.  It was all too weird, but true.  I have recorded these sessions, and although a vacuum is a pretty loud 'back ground' noise, you can make out what has been said.  And the reason I recorded this, was because of the fact that I did hear speech in real time.  I even used my son as a guinea pig, all he knew is that he may possibly hear some sort of speech while I vaccumed.  On this particular day, I was vacuuming, and I hear "It's Leonard".  I hadn't heard my son pull up while I was vaccuming.  So when he came in, I asked him to listen closely and tell me if he heard any speech going on while I went form carpet to floor.  I did my thing, and he got this weird look on his face...........He tells me he can hear his name!  He goes, "No way, that's impossible!".   We repeated it a couple of times, and he just shook his head, saying it was so crazy!

There are times that I have had to block out things being said while certain background noises are on, otherwise I'd make myself crazy trying to catch each and every word being said, especially in the shower, I'd end up freezing from listening for so long!  I have become hyper aware of speech being produced under so many mediums, and the kicker is when I ask a question and get an answer that makes this so fascinating to me!

Trust me, I do not suffer from any psychiatric conditions that causes one to hear voices, or to hallucinate, etc.  I have come across a few people that were on atransc and now here that have talked about this phenomena, and it was good to find out that others experience this as I do.