View single post by HollyTx
 Posted: Apr 23rd, 2010 10:22 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
HollyTx

Hello, everyone!

I am a spiritual person and have been reading about and listening to EVP's for quite some time. For four years, we have lived across the road from a large, country cemetery. It is a lovely, peaceful place - though carrying sadness, of course - with the first grave dating back to 1861.

I had considered  trying to record EVP's myself but had been hesitant and afraid to, until the past few days. This afternoon and evening, I recorded (on a cassette) four session from inside my home using manually-generated white noise from the AM band of a radio. While I understand that this is not the best or most sophisticated method and that one has to be careful not to mistake words which are broadcast from those originating in the spiritual realm, it does seem that I received some responses.

Before recording, I told the spirits that I cared for them and would pray for them if that would help. I also asked that only loving spirits be present and that they would not use profanity as I'd heard on some recordings of EVP. The latter request was not exactly 'honored': fairly soon after, someone seemed to speak the abbreviation, "F. Y." in a clear, quiet voice beneath the radio chatter. There may have been more blatant utterances as well.

Again, I know that listening for EVP's is a very subjective process and wide open for mistakes, but I also heard or recorded these words or phrases: Ghost (very clear!), Holy (three times, though one instance rather may have been my name), Peace, "Help me", "Help us", "I love you", Beth, Beth White (?), Asleep, "He's dead", "I'm free to walk", Steve, Elaine, Jerry (or, 'Jury'), "Alive and not dead" (very clear), Elaine and Andrew (very clear). I'd asked for any spirits present please to give me their names, and also where they 'lived.'

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. I think I'll wait a little bit before attempting to record again and may try to obtain a better device, but I am glad that I tried. I'm even a little less afraid than I was beforehand!

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :smile:

- Holly