View single post by clockdryve
 Posted: Feb 10th, 2010 04:48 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
clockdryve

There was a guy on eBay selling a DR60 about a month ago. His selling pitch was that he had one of the EARLIER DR60's that wasn't "changed" by Panasonic due to the voices of "others" that people were complaining about....he said that the one he had was of the earlier serial numbers and that is how you can tell if you have one of the BETTER ones according to him. Mine was an earlier serial number than his....but if in the area of FD8HBXXXXX (last 5 numbers dont matter) those were supposed to be bettter models. Well I never heard of Panasonic changing anything during the production...I heard that they just stopped making the DR60 and put out the RR-QR80 in it's place to stop the "extra" voices from being recorded so easily. **You might look to see if the first numbers and letters match your BETTER one, maybe there is some truth and the recorder that works LESS might be AFTER these serial production?? Let me know would you? It's possible that you just have a "better" vibe (?) with the recorder that works better and with the added cofidence you are a more serious "magnet" for the spirits while using it. So if you have time and can show me the first 5 numbers-letters might shine some light. Thanks Vicki...for your post. Jim H