View single post by Keith Clark
 Posted: Jan 25th, 2010 08:15 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Keith Clark

I agree, that was an excellent link! Thanks for that Dave! It is dead on....now I just have to understand how to replicate it.....and what that entails.....I really liked the part that said:

"Power-line noise is often affected by weather. It frequently diminishes during rain or humid conditions for example"

This is exactly what I experienced. I also liked it when they said: You mean a 60 Hz power-line can become a transmitter! How is the RF generated in a power-line noise burst? Where does the RF come from?"

They say: "caused by a spark or arcing across some power-line related hardware" and current flows between two conductors in a gap
is this not similar in function to a Tesla Coil? - please correct me if I'm wrong.

As most of you know, my technical knowledge is limited. Yet if I envision one of these ideas being pratcial for me, I would do the following: buy a tesla coil, but not just use it as it is, have a resonant (or several) coil(s) for the spark to jump across. I would hope that in that one spark I would have one of the necessary components for voice. I would also assume that spirit may influence it from a higher harmonic or resonant frequency.

As a second idea, I would want to recreate 3 phase power and see what I could cook up.

May sound crazy, but it worked once - I know it can work again. Thanks for your input so far, any other ideas? Does anyone think my notions of a tesla coil are even remotely feasible?

Thanks,

Keith