View single post by neokortex_simulacrum
 Posted: Nov 19th, 2009 04:22 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
neokortex_simulacrum

Hi guys,

I've been strolling here a while posting some short comments, adding nothing new.
Lately my mind had caught fire.
I had to make a decision on the kind of research I must to do for a university subjet (in this term). And I was kind of lazy, and inexperienced, so what not, chose to do ITC. The professor accepted the choice, asked for an abstract and I pretended as if I were to research this for the first time. The university has some tools I'm allowed to use (dv camera, monitor, VCR) and I need to achieve some impressive results to be able to prove something beyond the speculations of pareidolia. - Or I will have to turn to questionnairing. I thought to do some evp and next to that the second part of Schreiber's method. I must also write an essay of a certain length and I figured out there is not much I could write on evps.

Schreiber's almost perfect pictures weren't obtained only by the "oscillations" of the loop-pattern. As described at worlditc.org, he did a run first with recording the feedback-loop, then searched for faces by frame-analysis, and after that he rerecorded the found ones as still pictures from the tv set. While the rerecording took place those were taking on more humanoid shapes on a second tape.

So my question is: did anyone tried this? I don't have that much time, so does it worth a try? And should I buy UV and IR lights?, how much quintessential are they, how much do they help?