View single post by f1cracker
 Posted: Sep 24th, 2009 05:09 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
f1cracker

To pipesmokinman.

I record radio sweep evp for families and even have for crime cases. I have my own yahoo group http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/SDWR-SpeakingToTheDeadWithRadios-/

My research involves trying to find a better way to record, then segment (break up the recorded file into smaller units). Thereafter I use clear voice to remove the static and background noise. I have an evolving step by step recording and transcription process on my web site under files.

With family recordings, ie natural death, etc..., I am getting feedback from family members which is promising. Some info they hear is in their mind from their loved one and some is not.

When I record for a family, the first thing I tell them is to listen to what has meaning and disregard the rest, as I have learned that other deceased do chime in when I am recording with another. The other day, for example, I was recording with a crime victim, and a message rang out "Get out of here! This is my meeting!".

With crime cases, feedback is not available from police or FBI at all. ZIP... However, I have gotten feedback from missing person advocates who take what I get and give to police-not telling them where it came from Grrr. Some of the info is valid and ties to evidence and some is not valid.

Worst case with crime EVP is I have had two out of twenty cases where I recorded hours of recording with who I thought was the crime victim, and the two were later found alive.

We have a great deal to learn in this field of study, but we can only learn if we record and validate. Posting messages to a web page asking fellow friends to confirm they heard what we heard is in my opinion not research.

The research is taking the recording and validating it with a loved one for that type of recording or validating it with police/FBI for crime cases. But, the crime validation just is not there yet as law enforcement ignore my recordings and some have even told me they work to the scientific methods and not to anything paranormal.

The only way for EVP to be tested at the law enforcement level is for some cold case detectives to take a chance and try out this method for several cases. I have yet to find any, but I have not given up.

As for the TAPS and Paranormal State, and Medium shows, that make it seem so easy to contact a ghost, they are sending the wrong message to the general public. Before I became involved in EVP, I used to love thise shows, but now I realize they are just there for entertainment, and what they show week after week does not occur every time in a ghost house or building investigation. I actually got the chance to go on ghost investigations into homes, and it is quite boring with rare occurrence of anything happening. For example those K2 meters that keep going off on TAPS, they have never gone off with the group I went with.

For crime cases, I have worked with several psychics on some of my cases, and for one, I had three psychics each give me a different body location for a victim. These psychics were known to be good and in good standing. The victim was later found alive. That was one of the cases I had recorded. So they too and not always accurate

One of my close psychic friends who does work with police told me she gets the same info I get in a recording, but in mental pictures, voices in her head, etc, and yes she too gets info that is not valid. Her analysis as well as mine is that other deceased chime in once they learn you can hear them, and now you have info from one or more deceased than the one you are recording with. She uses her gut feeling to determine which is the valid info. I too am trying the same as part of my research.

As for public recognition, even if one of my cases reached public attention, every Tom, Dick and Harry and news team would find some way to tear apart what I got and rank it as nonsense.

For this reason, I prefer to keep a low profile, but do know that one day, it may happen, and I will have to deal with it.

Mike

Last edited on Sep 24th, 2009 05:18 AM by f1cracker