View single post by pipesmokingman
 Posted: Sep 23rd, 2009 03:37 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
pipesmokingman

just to chuck in my 10 cents worth ( or what ever that is in GBP) - WE ALL GET FRUSTRATED AT TIMES !! - I have nearly given up on paranormal research completely a couple of times , because of all the BS that's trotted out as "research " these days ,especially when one watches the current crop of TV "wannabe" stars running around discrediting the whole thing , lets be honest they are ONLY interested in their own ego's and making money out of the subject . ( and displaying the inside of their noses - WHY when looking for ghosts DO they insist on filming themselves ?? - the ghosts are the OTHER way - duh oh )

the same with a lot of supposed groups , most have zero idea of research , and at least one i have been involved with ( not any more ) have blatantly ignored historical record and FAKED EVIDENCE ON LOCAL TV !! - in fact they faked an investigation for TV **- ( i was at the original one and they later put up people who whernt even at the original as "experts" - motive people always look for motive !! - so you can understand WHY i am some what cynical about a lot of research

(** - i have video evidence in my safe of this statement BTW !! )

now the point was made that the same methods have not resulted in much "proof " or improvements over 40 years - well as to proof - who you going to prove it to ?? - the sceptics ?? - fat chance - the general public ?? - are they REALLY interested ?? - no , they are only interested if they can either benefit or make money out of it , and are more interested in material matters NOW , than the possibility of something after this life , and then of course we must look at the "vested interests " of the various religions , do they want the people to know the truth or THEIR version of it ?? - gotta ask yourself these questions folks

as to methodology , well that's simple - if something don't work , after fair trial , then try something else !! - if you can imagine it - it can be done , and that's the attitude you have to take , cant do something ?? then why not have a "help " section on this forum ?? - i am no good at electronic design - some of you are - so why not a place to post " i need a so and so " to do so and so - any one help please ??

as some one once observed "giving up is easy , its the keeping going despite all the setbacks , the mocking, and the failures that's difficult " - and remember every "failure " teaches us something !!

lets be fair if spirit communication WAS easy , it would have been cracked a long time ago , like wise if they could give us all the answers on a plate , but as we realists know NOTHING WORTH STRIVING FOR IN LIFE IS EASY !!

here endeth the sermon .lol

keep going folks - we will get there !!:thumbup: