View single post by pipesmokingman
 Posted: Sep 23rd, 2009 07:29 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
pipesmokingman

hi Keith

well with all my posts a personal take - not saying i am right - but the more different things we try.............

one of the problems of course is that ,certainly with the sound applications we are close but just lack that final breakthrough in terms of clarity - of course one of the things that may put people off this interest which I believe is now one of the FEW viable research areas ,not ruined by the wannabe ghost hunters , and motive merchants , is the need to actually do and build stuff , rather than just turn up at a supposedly haunted location for an evening of ( as a scottish friend in the field puts it ) "s**t and giggles "

also ( speaking as a disabled person) - it is great to be able to do some REAL research work , without the need to stand around in drafty buildings all night , ( the arthritis precludes this now ) and fortunately ,my place is somewhat active , so good chance i recon ,having caught other stuff ( visible) here

the main issue of course ( not taking this too far off topic ) is that people should NOT be dissuaded by the pesudoskeptics - that happy band of naysayers to whom EVP /ITC is like everything else paranormal - just bunk ,to be derided and attacked - they are the ones who as "armchair critics " NEVER do any research ,and content themselves with just setting their minds against everything that does not fit their mindset /opinions

and whilst even I am sceptical about some facets of /techniques ( for purely practical reasons ) , I don't deride any ones work ,as the sum of the parts may eventually grant us the whole , and THEN see all the experts and naysayers climb on the band waggon , claiming they believed us all the time .lol

anyways getting back on track , the tones , well i did have them playing for an hour once and they gave me such a headache , i resolved not to use them again !! - there is something in them that burrows right into the brain - most unpleasant !! HOWEVER we must not dismiss them completely as perhaps , they have hit on something that may help those of us NOT gifted with much psychic ability ( psychic as a house brick me :lol: )

which brings me on to another grey area as regarding the SC works , they did i note seem to have better success when they had someone with ability around ( psychic ability that is ) - and this could be another area that may need to be looked at - as if we could find a technique that the average Joe on the street could replicate - then we would have a break through

keep up the good works folks

PSM