View single post by Keith Clark
 Posted: Jul 28th, 2009 08:05 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Keith Clark

Hello,

Yes, the world of ITC is frustrated - and I will be one of the few to stand up and say so. This is not spoken about much because of the strong sensitivity of everyone who works in ITC or related fields. I feel that I can speak on this topic because I have learned from it.

It is because communication with spirit is difficult, and we all want it so much. When you work with something and you want it to be clear (and it is not), it is always frustrating. And I can agree that evp is limited in the potential that it provides to communicate with spirit. Yet it is the most common method and for many people, they feel that it is the only method feasible for them. And so they use it for their benefit, as they should, to help them realize and remember their strong connection to spirit.

So what is the issue here? The real issue is that frustration is taken out amongst ourselves. The issue is that we all wish evp was better, and we would give anything to improve it. Is that not correct? The issue is not who hears what, or who has what opinion. We are expressing our sincere desire to communicate with spirit, that is all.

Allow me to explain.

Too much emphasis has been applied on "proving it to the world" and not enough on "personal development." And when the most common form of communicating with spirit via ITC is evp, and it turns out that evp is limited in its ability to facilitate clear communication, then what do we have? We have thousands of people desperately seeking to communicate with spirit and "prove it to the world", but relying on a method that cannot necessarily provide what they are seeking. And thus they are frustrated, and this is expressed in their relationships with other researchers.

Yes, someone will develop something one day, perhaps even signal production/cancellation that will allow us to hear spirit better via evp. But it has not yet been done.

Yes, it is honorable and an admirable goal to "prove it to the world", given that you want to prove it for the right reasons. But why do individuals feel so strongly that it is their sole responsibility to prove it to the world? What about spirit? Do they not do most of the work, behind the scenes? For every one person trying to provide evidence of life after death in the physical, are there not several in spirit working with them? We know this to be true. I say "focus on your own development and work together, let spirit provide the evidence."

So, I say to my fellow ITC experimenters:

If you're not happy with the current results of ITC, then excellent!! That's exactly the spirit you need to drive you forwards in the spirit of creation. EVP is only one way of thousands of potential ways to communicate with spirit. What about physical mediumship? What about trance, channelling, ouija, automatic writing, video itc, water itc, tarot cards, spectrograph itc, spirit drawings, etc? What about the hundreds of ways of realizing communication and connection with spirit? What about the masses of books that have been written since the 1800's and on, many freely available to read online?

I say: learn as much as you can about spirit communication, in all forms. As you study and learn, you will be inspired with ideas, you will eventually find your own voice and expression that is unique to you. So invent your own way of communicating. Experiment. Or if you're sincerely dedicated, join or start a physical mediumship circle. Or start sitting for voice over radio (oh, how few people we have working in these two areas) Or if you're good at research and writing, bring these books and buried information out to the public to remind them of what is being hidden from them. Or if you're a networker, go in search of others to support. Whatever it is, you have something to give, and in time, you will find it.

So I say to the world of ITC experimenters, the world is "crying out" for truth. Be the one to provide it to them. The time has come for truth and openness. Lets be creative and invent our own ideas. Be assured, when this happens, it is not our own ideas, but shared by and inspired by spirit. Do not be afraid of others opinions or impose their own standards upon yourself, you have the ability to create.

EVP is only the beginning, it has served to open the minds of many, and will continue to do so. But we must also look beyond, for we are on the threshold of something much better. We have the potential to create anything, and I felt compelled to remind my brothers/sisters of this fact.

Keith