View single post by Keith Clark
 Posted: Jul 28th, 2009 07:07 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Keith Clark

Hi,

Unless I am missing something, there are either deleted posts or wrong assumptions in the above posts.

I will make it very simple. If someone posts a clip and asks for input, answer them honestly and briefly. If they don't ask for input, and post it, then don't expect a reply. If you make a comment on their posts and they disagree, then leave it alone.

You see, people don't post things here to be disagreed with, do they? If they ask for a comment, and they receive it, then all is well. If you disagree, there is no need to elaborate as to why you disagree because this quickly becomes perceived as "pleading your case." I would define "pleading your case" as spending far too much time in disagreement with someone's else's work than in agreement with your own.

I have rewritten this post several times, always trying to keep it short and to the point, but have a habit of going into depth on issues like this.

Most EVP is NOT understood, regardless of what anyone says. And to focus too much on the importance of what is heard (what you think you hear) is also not wise, nor is it beneficial to the field of ITC.

When someone posts a clip, you do one of three things in response to their clips:

A. I hear what you hear
B. I hear it as this: "XXX"
C. Don't reply at all.

And that's it! That's all that people on this forum are looking for, is it not? Extended conversations on what is or isn't heard is not usually helpful, from my experience. Because deep down inside, all of us know that we are working towards the same purpose, and we all know that evp is difficult. We just want to know that we are on the right path, that is why we come together on this forum.

There, I think the post is complete this time. :)

Keith