View single post by ArizonaEvp
 Posted: Jul 27th, 2009 03:40 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
ArizonaEvp

Hello Neil,

That seems like a rather myopic statement to make without knowing all the facts. 

There are many variables involved that both contribute and hinder the EVP effort.  Choice of recorder,  choice of editing software,  choice questions,  choice of location and the presence of unwanted street noise,  weather conditions, geomagnetic fluctuations,  solar activity,  phases of the moon....along with one's own natural hearing ability. 

Whether you agree or not,  these factors do indeed have bearing on one's success.  This is why;  for me at least;  I am curious as to his methodology. 

You uploaded a clip in another posting in which you claim "This is my best evp to date"....from 2 years ago.

Without knowing it,  you have supported Slider's observation.  Your EVP is comprised of a short word or phrase.

The main point Slider is making is that despite technological improvements;  40 years of traditional methods have produced less than desirable results and that we need to find a better way.

I agree with this point and personally strive towards that end. 

After all.....as the old saying goes......

If You're Not Part Of The Solution.....You're Part Of The Problem

P.S....That clip of yours on Carlos M Parra....I found 4 other responses.  I listed them in that posting.

Regards,
Ron

Last edited on Jul 27th, 2009 04:05 PM by ArizonaEvp