View single post by harpo103
 Posted: Jul 12th, 2009 04:04 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
harpo103

Hi.

I didn't mean to say that just because TAPS and Mr. Zaffis are well known figures in the para community that their experiences were more valid or anything like that. I like TAPS because of their adherence to a more scientific approach to what they do rather than going into a place, seeing their own shadow, then running around screaming that they've seen a ghost!!! Except for Brian Harnois and his DUDE, RUN incident at E.S.P. in Phil. Pa., I think they are sincere and professional in their approach to this field. Their motto is, "Whatever can't be explained away...is evidence". I like that way of doing research. I've been with them a few times at events that were not investigations , and I am always impressed by how serious they are about their work, but, then, they also know how to have a sense of humor about it too. Some people that I have met in the para field seem to want to find a ghost in every photo of an orb, or want to make some intelligible message from a garbled gobbly-gook EVP. 

I am still new to all of this, but, I can already see divisions between those folks who let their imaginations run wild, and those who can keep a clear head and who only make determinations based on provable evidence. My best bet is to get involved with a local group or two and learn what I can and then apply that knowledge out in the field. Some of the ITC recordings that I've heard sound great and others I can't figure out to save my life. My goal would be to apply this technology out in the field with a portable system to see what I can find at different locations. I tried some ITC work last night at 2:00 a.m. at home with a 12-469, but, I don't think that I got anything. Maybe, I am a poor medium for such things? I don't know. But, taking such a device or devices to locations which are known to have some sort of activity, would interest me more than sitting in my kitchen talking to a transistor radio. The wife would call the loony bin for sure if she saw me doing that!  

I would just like to try a slightly different approach to see what happens.

Thanks.  

Last edited on Jul 12th, 2009 06:05 PM by