View single post by ArizonaEvp
 Posted: Jul 8th, 2009 02:20 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
ArizonaEvp

neokortex_simulacrum wrote: I am also on vacation, hence I have more time to post longer messages.
It is said that if you have time on thinking, how limited you are in time, then you must have plenty of time.

"my wife and I do regular evp sessions in our house on a regular basis." - is that a hobby at you (at your family) like playing golf?

Problem is, I can't hear anything like that in eyewave's sample. Maybe because I stopped being involved and have lost the practice. Still, I'd stay, don't dig that deep, because it's about quality C examples and the more you analyze and listen to it, the more biased you get.

I made a collection of evps back then, sorted them as individual sound crops, each has something in it, but very few are, which, I'd say are "spoken" in my language, most of them are untintelligible gibberish. So recording evp, in my view, is not necesarry about communication.

Greetings from the heart of Arizona Indian Country,

Vacation is a good thing.  Gives one an opportunity to clear the mind and refocus.  I myself have been retired for almost 6 years now and I sure could use a vacation. :biggrin:

With regards to your questions and observations,  I will address them in the order posted.

Yes,  my wife and I do regular sessions here in our home.  We average 2 sessions a week.  It is more calculated research than any hobby could be,  although I did play golf at one point in my life.

As far as hearing goes….please understand….

I am not referring to any person in particular. I can only speak in generalities.  What works for me does not mean it will work for you.  Everybody’s hearing abilities are different. 

My neighbor for example is in his mid 40’s and has been an avid gamer most of his adult life.  He admits he has ruined his hearing by sitting for days on end with headphones at full volume playing games.

In addition to one's hearing,  equipment plays the next biggest factor in EVP listening.  Computer companies are like any other manufacturer.  They market products in order to maximize their profit margin.  You really do get what you pay for.

An entry level or low end PC with a sound chip built onto the motherboard may do one's research more harm than good.  Sure,  you can get by with that kind of setup and if you’re happy with it…great.

I use a Creative Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity X-Fi Model SB0460 with a 24 bit AD converter processing sound at 10,000 MIPS with a sampling rate of 96kHz.   It is not a top of the line sound card by any means but it is far superior to what’s built into a $400 desktop computer.  An interesting sidebar to this logic is the earbuds I use.  I have found a $5 pair of earbuds from the local dollar store to function better than the more expensive pair that I have.

Next is software.  Here again, you get what you pay for.  Audacity is nice. Audacity is free.  I’ve used it before.  But it does not have the bells, whistles, codices and capabilities of Adobe audition,  Cooledit, Cakewalk’s Sonar or DC6/7.  Here again,  if Audacity is works for you….wonderful!!

And then there is one's methodology.  As we have to let our eyes adjust upon entering a darkened room….the same logic applies to listening to EVP’s.  Before I start listen to EVP’s….both my own and the one’s people have posted here;  I first play a looped clip of a weakened evp response to allow my brain time to adjust to a reduced auditory condition. This can take upwards of 2-3 minutes.  Once my brain makes the adjustment,  I begin to listen to different EVP’s. 

When I do listen to the clips posted here by other members,  I give them the full measure of my attention as I do my own EVP’s.  I will spend as much time as needed till I am satisfied that I have identified any and all responses.

I approach your clips from the 4 cell method used at AAEVP.  I prefer not knowing what a person thinks the voice(s) says because that can lead to a perceived bias.  I would never slap on my earbuds and give a quick 30 second listen in order to placate someone. I hear what I hear and report what I hear.  That’s only fair isn't it?

I would respectfully disagree with your assessment that digging deeper into a clip is somehow cheapening the quality or somehow lending bias to the effort.

Two quick examples come to mind:

Example 1:

While listening to my own EVP’s responses concerning an experiment,  I heard an ever so faint unsolicited voice say in a melodic tone:

I bet you can’t hear me….do you know a Kelly…..Kelly R****** (confidential)

Yes,  I did hear him and yes I did follow up over the next few sessions.  This person must have been so amazed that I actually heard him,  that his voice came through much stronger. 

In a nutshell,  he wanted us to get a message through to a Kelly R who lives in Milwaukee Wisconsin.  His message was very simple:

“Tell her I love her and to try to forget about me.”

My wife did some research and indeed there are 3 Kelly R’s in the Milwaukee area.  When I asked what Kelly’s middle name was and what street she lived on…..there was no response.  Not only that,  but I have not heard from this person again. 

Perhaps all this man wanted was for someone on this side of the fence to hear his heartache and in doing so,  it allowed him to move on. 

Example 2:

Word must get around because I have an ever-increasing number of voices competing to be heard.  I can discern around five different voices in any given response (but don’t tell them that….I insist I can only hear three of them talking at once) :wink:

Not long ago,  when asking if a long-time contact was in the crowd and if he could hear me;  an unsolicited voice came through saying:

“I can hear you…..can you hear me….I’m not dead…..I’m in a coma”

Yes….he said coma.  I was so intrigued in the concept of a coma patient coming through in an EVP that I abandoned my regular schedule and focused exclusively on this person. 

In a nutshell….this person (allegedly) was / is a soldier in a coma in Walter Reed Army Hospital (his words).  He stated he had been in a coma for 6 weeks.  He was very distraught by this seemingly chaotic out of the body experience he was having.  My contact with this person lasted for several sessions

I would be happy to upload segments of these EVP's as proof,  but I have to say to everyone up front….if you can’t hear what is on eyewave’s clip,  you probably won’t hear what is on mine.  I’m not making excuses;  I’m just stating facts.

These are but two examples that show;  from my perspective;  that what is on the surface is not necessarily the most important information on an EVP.  

Meaningful communication is there…. in my opinion at least.

Thanks for your feedback,
Ron