View single post by ArizonaEvp
 Posted: Jun 29th, 2009 03:03 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
ArizonaEvp

Greetings folks,

Just to give y'all a bit of background on myself....my wife and I do regular evp sessions in our house on a regular basis.  I'm talking doing it the old school way of asking questions and reviewing the recordings.

One of the more interesting aspects of listening to other people's sound clips is the opportunity to compare notes with what I and others know about those on the other side.

One example of listening to some of your submissions is that the same voice I hear in the 500Hz range in my sessions, can also be heard in some of yours.  Different messages,  but the still the same voice.

A fellow in Australia did a series of controlled evp experiments over several months in 2004 and posted some of his findings online. 

Through my own quest,  I can confirm a lot of his conclusions,  state that others are still unproven to me,  and flat out reject some of his other claims.

One such observation the Australian makes that I can confirm is the following:

"Message from younger souls are faster and of higher pitch than that of older souls"

I have chosen this statement to further explain an interesting example of how the pieces of the puzzle come together. 

Through my own research,  I have indeed found that higher pitch voices are somewhat less mature than their lower pitched counterparts.  I'm not speaking of children’s voices.  I find those to be easily distinguishable from what are less mature teens,  young adults and others who don't seem to have a lick of sense in their non corporeal bodies.

As some of you already know,  one of the reigning theories of evp is that those on the other side use sound in order to help bolster their own voice(s).  I call it surfing the sound waves.  This is why some people employ white noise and various other methods in an effort to help them give a stronger response. 

There is another observation that suggests than a spirit will draw down the batteries of electronic equipment in an effort to help itself to speak or even manifest.

So what does this have to do with pieces of the puzzle?  I'm getting to that.....:)

Caution!!!  Do Not Try This Yourself Unless You Know What Your Doing!!!

One of my experiments was to get a grease splatter screen from the local dollar store.  Ya know what I'm talking about.  It's about 12 inches in diameter on a handle and comprised mostly of metal mesh.

I took the splatter screen, an electronics resistor and the 12 volt battery from the Barbie jeep we have here for our grand-daughters.

I hooked it all up in such a way as to electrify the metal mesh. 

I then used this in three consecutive sessions.  I made reference to the presence of this device and told them it was there for their benefit if they felt they needed it.  I also encouraged them not to touch the mesh, as I could not guarantee that it would not harm them.

On the 4th session I asked if the metal mesh was helpful to them.

The low voices responded that it was indeed helpful.  The mid-range voices said "not so much".  The higher pitch voice said an unusual thing.  They said:  "too many amps"

This was of particular interest because the resistor I used was of such a type that it provided nearly the full amperage of the battery across the metal mesh.

:closedeyes:I can hear some of you impatiently tapping your foot and wondering what this has to do with puzzle pieces.  Well here it is:

On June 5th (before I became a member)  Eyewave posted a clip in the EVP section under a post titled: 

What Is This Voice Saying

I downloaded the clip titled:  june5_2.WAV

I listened to it and opined on what I heard by posting a response yesterday (June 28th).  Part of what I heard is in the following:

Time index 0.05.808 - end of clip:

3 layers of voices.

Lower range male voice says:  "don't sit on an electric pulse"

Mid range older woman voice says:   "I don't want no bravery from you kids"

Higher frequency androgynous voice says:  "I just watched those.....kids...."  (tapers off)

A light bulb went off in my head and I pondered the Australian's finding, other theories and my own experiment and the feedback I got from said experiment.

So............to some extent one could safely conclude that it is more than a theory that:

Spirits do use electrical energy as well as sound waves.

Mature spirits have a lower pitch voice than their less developed peers.

Kids are still kids; be they on this side of the fence or on the other side.

After all,  the low voice knew that directly sitting on an electric pulse was not a good idea.  And the older woman knew that kids often do things that are nonsensical. 

(that sure brings back memories of the stupid stuff I used to do as a child)

:bored:Now some of you might read my conclusion and say:  well duh...I knew all that

Since the goal is to further the conversation and our understanding of what's going on;  having more and more examples to draw from helps peel back the many parch thin layers of mystery.  This in turn....turns theory into fact.  Maybe not empirical evidence that would disabuse a hard core skeptic,  but fact none the less. 

I have not perused the entirety of this forum so perhaps someone can tell me if there is a posting or a "sticky" or a section where we can post:   What We Know?

For example;  my own research, backed up by recorded responses tells me that spirits:

Can see us

Can hear us

Can distinguish color

Can smell as we do

Can read questions posted on a piece of paper

Argue and inflict harm on each other as we do here on this side of the fence

Look to us for help in relaying messages to loved ones.

And on and on. 

Here again...some of you are saying....everyone knows that.  Ok.  Granted;  a lot of this is basic stuff,  but if it is collated in one section,  it may help someone have a eureka moment which in turn could help put more pieces of the puzzle together.

Just a thought.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Ron