View single post by ArizonaEvp
 Posted: Jun 27th, 2009 01:56 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
ArizonaEvp

Hi Deborah,

No,  I do not have a website nor did I include a bio.  This forum is not secure so I’ll defer from imparting too much personal info.

My computer is nothing special. P4 cpu at 2.8 Ghz with 1 gig or ram.   My sound card is a Creative Sound Blaster Xtreme Fidelity X-Fi model SB0460.

Since your clips are already enhanced,  I use Nero wave editor which is part of Nero 6. and apply minimal noise reduction if I feel I need to.

The sound card has a software package that includes a simple 10 band equalizer which works much better than the one that is included in Nero.

As far as the second clip you posted,  it seems to be a bit convoluted. 

What I’m sure about is….

In the 500Hz range there is a male voice that says:  “I have a big secret”

Towards the end of the clip there is also a high pitch female saying:  “what is this”

What is said by the primary voice(s) seems to change depending on how the equalizers are set.  For example,  with all sliders attenuated (down) and reducing the output by
–24dB,  I clearly hear:

“I’m tempted to give Pete Morris”

With regard to hearing,  I’m sure you’ll agree that genetics, career choice, health and environmental factors affect our hearing.  My wife for example; cannot hear lower frequencies and mostly focuses in on higher pitch voices when we review our evp recordings.  Maybe I’ve been lucky because I am able to hear across a wide spectrum of frequencies.

I certainly don’t mean to imply that what you hear is incorrect.  I’m merely putting in my two cents worth. 

Respectfully,
Ron