View single post by Keith Clark
 Posted: Mar 14th, 2007 06:54 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Keith Clark

Hi Lance,

Yes, you are getting closer. I would suggest placing the camera to one side, and not directly in front and center of the tv.

Is this a digital projection TV? It looks like it is similar to the one I have - big, with a flat screen, clear plastic protective front. To be honest, these may be a little more difficult to obtain a feedback loop. If it is - try a strobe light. I would highly recommend trying an old-fashioned CRT tv first - one with a slightly rounded screen, even if it is only 11-27 inches.

Also, in the first video I saw a graphic on the screen for resolution as 320X240. While pictures may still be found at such a low resolution, they may be overly disfigured. I suspect the first video may have been recorded onto a digital camera memory stick using the video function? Please give us the following specs so we can get a better idea of what you're using:

The models of the tv's you can use for your experiments & the model of your camera/camcorder that you have at your disposal.

The pulsating light was a good start - what you ultimately want is a pulse from black to a light color, usually white or grey, misty-looking.  Contrast is good - that's how you'll be able to see the faces that form. But they will be very hard to see in a contrast from light blue to dark blue.

You are doing great so far - anyone with as much desire as you have will definitely find themselves achieving results. We'll help as much as we can. Please go ahead and keep trying, and let us continue to see your results here. You'll get it.

Keith

I may have time this weekend to record a demonstration video loop for you. It will vary from tv and different equipment, but the general idea is the same.