View single post by Estee
 Posted: Mar 1st, 2009 10:56 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Estee

The five images below are from yesterday afternoon's smoke experiment session. These are the raw screenshot versions of these images but I CONTRAST ENHANCED each one of them too and inserted those enhanced versions as well as the raw screenshots on the following link for your perusal in case your monitor isn't picking up any detail in the raw versions in this post; much detail and depth information is lost during the compression process when they are saved by a screen capture utility but some of that lost information can be retrieved by applying contrast to the image to bring out some of the original detail that was seen when viewing it on the screen live. I went a little overboard in contrasting these raw screenshots again but next time I do this, I will try to apply a little less contrast ... :biggrin:
http://www.fantasticfrog.net/Feb28smokesession1.htm

Also would like to add that when viewing the formations that manifest in these "ITC Smoke Experiments" live, no amount of image editor filtering can capture the depth and holographic beauty of those smoke formations that are seen on the screen during those sessions. To truly appreciate what viewers are seeing, I highly recommend that you stop by for the next session to witness it... :)