View single post by Gary_JP
 Posted: Nov 20th, 2008 07:11 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Gary_JP

I've been a closet "researcher" for many years. Recently came upon the Rat Shack Hack and decided to take a look. I am a 20+ Broadcast Engineer, and have started up stations from the bottom up.

Just wanted a site that I could ask questions and hopefully give answers to a very new subject, hence my newbee status. I'm currently working on a Radio Shack setup that will include three 469's (or 470's) a white noise generator, two microphones, powered speakers, and a digital recorder or two (have a couple of sony mini-disk that I would like to incorporate) all going through a edirol portable 8 channel mixer.

I do have a some quick questions about the following:

1. Best type of "noise" (be it white, pink, or brown?)  and if using a stereo mixer have one channel white the other pink?

2. If these radios have that click everyone is talking about, what is the way to sweep them with a added piece of breadboard?

Hopefully or eventually would like this to be a field unit, away from AC power and with a standby power source (have a few anton Bauer's that I pciked up over the years) Any help will be appreciated.

Once I get the way this site works, will start posting the results.

Thanks everyone, and let us all figure out who we are trying to connect to?

Peace.