View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Nov 8th, 2008 09:20 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

Core components seems an apt phrase :)
Enjoyed watching the live test, for the quotes -
"ooh that sounded like feedback, feedback, that's going to have to be checked into"
"almost like a microphone, interesting, very interesting"

48mA from all those LED's is tiny. Typically one draws 20mA...forgive my rustiness but is such a low draw the effect of the oscillator ? I know that LED's can be driven harder by pulsing using a 555 oscillator or similar and am thinking this works in a similar way.

I've recently been doing trials with up to 18 bright white LED's in a line and driven from a 5V supply off an arcade game power supply. Idea being to replace flourescent tubes in the sign area at the top (marquee). The stuff will be reused for a go at replicating your idea..am fascinated and would like to contribute any findings :)
A tip for cheap non bulk ordered LED's btw, is Dollar Tree....for $1 you can get a round 'night light' stick to the wall unit, has 3 ultrabrights and a handy on/off switch for this or other circuits. The ultrabrights are really good modern ones and the LED cost undercuts the likes of Radio Shack. Could even reuse the 3x1.5V AAA battery holder that's built in, or the focusing glass.