View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Oct 29th, 2008 10:26 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

Hi Pete

I'm clear evidence of crossing over to the other side, of the pond that is. Used to live in Cheshire and now in Oklahoma, USA. Quite liked one comment by Yvette Fielding on the recent Most Haunted Gettysburg special, it ran something like "stop doing all this little crap and give us something real as evidence".
I think one analogy could be model helicopters. After tentative ideas from Leonardo DaVinci and early designs from Sikorsky and others, nowadays, a fully functioning battery helicopter can be bought from Argos for a few quid ! We have all this technology nowadays and working methods and rules of flight, but a rookie pilot will still crash a lot and sometimes have no idea why. Gained knowledge and loads of experience teaches us the do's and don'ts, the tricks and tips. EVP tends to suffer from false positives and lack of informed judgement about the contents of audio, or as rjinspired on this board recently talked of, knowing that the very start and very ends of a tape based recorder will be no good for EVP listening. There aren't many people with a good natural discernment between ambient natural noises and something spirit based, wholly normal of course, we don't know for certain there are even any spirits making contact. Similarly, with a model helicopter, we might think pushing up on the controller would make it go up and right make it go right, but some fine control is needed to actually make it fly. I went over to a model aircraft forum and learnt a heck of a lot about what I could do to improve experiences with the little helicopter I had, which is similar to yourself coming here I imagine :)
Did that analogy work ? lol

Just had an example of a false positive myself which was quite comical. I went over to sikorsky.com after checking Google for the spelling for the above and was sat here typing. I've been building up a sweep radio device for a friend and it was sat near me. Next thing I know there's what seemed to be a clear radio broadcast coming from the corner of the room ! no radio was switched on or anything. What was it ? well, the site has a long intro of helicopter designs and then a while later some guy comes walking out to talk about them LOL. The sound was coming from my headphones some feet away ! 

Welcome aboard, I hope all goes as fascinatingly as it has for me since I joined this site :)

Mark