View single post by Ray
 Posted: Oct 22nd, 2008 06:05 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ray

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the words of welcome.
Keith
Cypress is located right on the Orange County and LA County lines. Just a stone's throw from Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park.I am aware of the AA-EVP conference but not have made plans to attend as of yet.(Busy Schedule)

Slider
I started trying to capture EVP's at my home.I live in a large mobile home park, I purchased this "Manufactured Home" new and had it placed here so I know the history of the home. (No one has died here) but I have no idea about the property. Across the street from this park is Cypress Lawn Cemetery which can raise lots of question's in regards to when I record at home.
I have recorded in both places Home and at Cemetery's,
and I agree the both are very different in regards to capturing EVP's,Excuse the pun but when I record at cemetery's its like they are standing inline.
When I record at home its more difficult to capture something and I am pretty sure it would be because of less ambient noise to use.
I started out recording at home in the begining, I read that you need to keep trying until it happens so thats what I did. I read a book by Sarah Estep that talked about using mirror's while recording,One morning before going off to work (Around 4AM) I picked up the recorder and ask the question "Will looking into a mirror help?" with that I was on my way into recording EVP.
I will post that first recording here.
This is raw clip with no processing done.
Thanks Everyone
Ray
Just in case,
The answer to my question was a whispered "Yes"

Attachment: Mirror.wav (Downloaded 926 times)