View single post by Keith Clark
 Posted: Oct 20th, 2008 09:03 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Keith Clark

Hello gentlemen........

Let me start by saying that I respect both of your opinions in reference to this post.

Brian, thank you for your post and the manner in which it was presented.

It seems that we all know the rules of the game, ie. the respect expected here on the forum, and I am glad to see that standard upheld. I know that is sometimes difficult when debating on a charged subject that hits close to home.

As of the present, I found the information on the website to be very informative - much more informative than the previous attempt that I am already familiar with.

In an honest assessment of myself, my first reaction to the website and the subject in question as posted here by Brian and presented on the website by Dr. Stephen Rorke, was an unpleasant one. Typically, I am most comfortable focusing on the positive. It is only when I am positive that I feel that real progress can be made. I had a negative experience once, and the resulting lesson was the metamorphosis that somewhat prepared me to create this forum. I will stick by that plan.

That aside, I have just navigated through the majority of the site. After completing my initial reading, I feel that there are many points that I find to be very important. It would be fair to mention that there are also valid points made by Mark (Slider2732) that I am in total agreement with.

I will make a few comments on the foremost things that enter my mind. This is my opinion, and in no way reflects on whether I think Spiricom was real or not. To be truthful, I really don't care one way or the other. It will not change the way in which I work or what  I work towards;however, if other people want to debate the validity of something in the past, that is their option. Sometimes there is a need for both kinds of people.

First, is there a way to get a better copy of the Scientific American article? I actually considered transcribing it, then my better judgement decided against it. It was readable, but very difficult. This article has been mentioned many times, and I think it's great that we can actually see it. I was glad to see that Mark (Slider2732) had been thinking along the same lines.

Second, I took the time to analyze the ITC picture of "Doc Mueller" in question and am in agreement with the opinion that it is extremely similar to the picture it is compared to in Dr. Rorke's argument. An adjustment of exposure in Photoshop led me to this conclusion.

I am no expert, but I have spent the last several years looking at images of my work. In that work I frequently look at an image from multiple angles, and adjustment of contrast, brightness, and exposure. Most of my pictures are very subtle, as all of you know.  The photo I used to make my own observations was not retrieved from the website mentioned in the first post of this thread. I am of the opinion that there used to be glasses in the ITC photo, and that an attempt was made to remove them.

Now, to play the other side of the field - there are a couple of areas of Dr. Rorke's argument that I disagree with. I did not find that mention of Mark Macy's educatory degree of any particular value. There are many people who get diplomas from various schools that are not accredited by the "appropriate authority." Does that make a degree invalid? Who decides that a degree issued by a school other than the commonly accepted appropriate authorities is not on par with the rest of society? I can understand how other people with credentials may feel that the value of their degree is cheapened by comparison with that of a non-accredited school.

If I wanted to go to college today and study specific subjects in the metaphysical realm, I think that almost all of the schools are not going to be accredited. Am I wrong? If I go to one of these schools and acquire a degree, does that mean that I am not allowed to use it in public? I think this is a matter of opinion. Then again, how would I know? I don't have any degrees.

Well, enough on my part for now. ITC Bridge is always going to be somewhat neutral on these issues, depending on the circumstances.  I cannot stand up for something which is not mine, something which depends upon the opinions and experiences of others. I can weigh the evidence that is presented, but sometimes only the people involved know the absolute truth.

Further discussion on this subject is welcome. All forum rules apply.

Keith

***This material may only be reproduced with written permission of the author, and must be printed in its entirety, exactly as is shown.***