View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Oct 19th, 2008 12:26 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

Joe...damn interesting stuff that. The way the guns could be affected by the random nature of a spirit signal. Perhaps strip out all the electronics that formulate a picture and what would be on the screen is the spirit image ? It does actually carry the random principle forward. While any spirit manipulations seem to be able to create their own image but that it's messed up by own designed in timings of electron flow, it's sort of your idea upside down. When personally proven to not work, i'll go back to H-Sync/V-sync lol
That nearly all video games carry along a check of ROM size and contents, to disable piracy are why I thought of Galaxian. I'll have to dig deeper into this, but I believe the protection is very mild at the best and why such boards were modified by other people to be other games. Take out the ROM check and anything could be held within. Fill up the ROM area with EEPROM data taken from a camera or other sensor and the resultant image would be that new data..as fast as it could be filled. If the image data were only taken as a snap shot before power on of the game board, it would allow for snapshot ITC in any case. The EEPROM's could be filled with data out in the field (in principle similar to answering machines and storing individual but sequential messages), bank switchable to accomodate the screen by screen filling. Each bank would carry the next full screen image.
Game boards do run usually on +5V and +12V, but current drains are quite large. I'd envisage a modified video game from the old skool to be at home, connected to an arcade monitor and data collection field equipment to be the portable less power hungry component.

tbenefi33...any focal length might be used, own home ITC experiments usually dictate the sort of distancing which brings forward possible spirit images. Feedback is the aim and i've had lots of success with distances as close as a few inches.

A related idea here, for field work, would be to send out a stream of broadcast signals, working like radar. When reflected back from say a wall, you get a picture on the screen. If red, green and blue are fired, the resulting picture would be an all white screen. Any difference would be spirit interaction. If the beam was broadcast out into say a farmers field, with nothing around to reflect the signals, the image should be a garble of nothing as nothing is being reflected. Striking a spirit form would hopefully bring that image to the screen. So, the focal length in that case would be however close the spirit was to the device.

Last edited on Oct 19th, 2008 12:28 PM by Slider2732